• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
I just binged Hellsing Abridged and it's so good. It was my first Four Star video, it's amazing how they turned a pretty bad anime (imo) into something fantastic.

"Ya stole me heart!"

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, that very fast and huge info they dropped at the end of the last video...

hbi2k didn't do any of the main voices for Team Four Star, but he was the CEO of their company and one of the lead writers. I hadn't been keeping up with his streams lately, makes me wonder if I missed some really big development or if he was just ready to move on and become a professional Link to the Past speed runner...

I just binged Hellsing Abridged and it's so good. It was my first Four Star video, it's amazing how they turned a pretty bad anime (imo) into something fantastic.

"Ya stole me heart!"

On that note, he played Alexander Anderson and did a lot of heavy lifting on the script for that series as well.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

"Ya stole me heart!"

I literally re-watch Hellsing Abridged once a month. To the point where watching the original is wierd to me now.

Alucard doesn't act correctly in that version.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, that very fast and huge info they dropped at the end of the last video...

hbi2k didn't do any of the main voices for Team Four Star, but he was the CEO of their company and one of the lead writers. I hadn't been keeping up with his streams lately, makes me wonder if I missed some really big development or if he was just ready to move on and become a professional Link to the Past speed runner...

Wait did Hbi2k leave TFS? :(

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Wait did Hbi2k leave TFS? :(
Just announced today.

"Inconsolable" differences, which is Lanipator for "Irreconcilable" I think. The fact that it was mentioned only briefly and they just did Ben's series on how to speed run Link, I have to wonder what happened... There were some problems/strife internally around the time that episode 60 was airing, but I hadn't heard anything since. That said, I haven't been watching Ben's streams lately, and that's where he normally does his venting.

Again, if for no other reason than him being listed as the CEO of their company, that's going to be a pretty big change to how they run their business side.

RIP Assinine Centaurs.

OP
OP
Arrrammis

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Some context from HBI2k from a stream a few days ago:
https://www.twitch.tv/hbi2k/clip/YawningBoldLionPeanutButterJellyTime
And as for his involvement with TFS at the Table (their DnD campaign/stream):
https://www.twitch.tv/hbi2k/clip/SuperKindWalrusSwiftRage

Basically, Ben is interested in pursuing projects outside of what TFS normally does, and decided to move on to other things. He's not sure where he will end up, may be away from Dallas (where TFS is located), but I wouldn't be surprised if Ben showed up in some of his established roles in DBZA and FF7MA.

Last edited:

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No lie, if it ended there, Naruto wouldnt get as much flack for the ending of the series.
Some context from HBI2k from a stream a few days ago:
https://www.twitch.tv/hbi2k/clip/YawningBoldLionPeanutButterJellyTime
And as for his involvement with TFS at the Table (their DnD campaign/stream):
https://www.twitch.tv/hbi2k/clip/SuperKindWalrusSwiftRage

Basically, Ben is interested in pursuing projects outside of what TFS normally does, and decided to move on to other things. He's not sure where he will end up, may be away from Dalls (where TFS is located), but I wouldn't be surprised if Ben showed up in some of his established roles in DBZA and FF7MA.

Care to explain for those who can't watch it?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Care to explain for those who can't watch it?

Ben has projects he wants to work on that aren't compatible with Team Four Star. Even though he was CEO of the company, he says it was always Lani and Kaiser's business, so they bought back his share. He's not sure if they'll continue TFS at the table (this was several days ago, the latest announcement video doesn't paint a positive picture there) and he might move out of the Dallas area so it might just plain be physically impossible. No mention in those clips for his roles in DBZA or FF7MA.

Lol pretty much exactly what was said in the thing you quoted.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ben has projects he wants to work on that aren't compatible with Team Four Star. Even though he was CEO of the company, he says it was always Lani and Kaiser's business, so they bought back his share. He's not sure if they'll continue TFS at the table (this was several days ago, the latest announcement video doesn't paint a positive picture there) and he might move out of the Dallas area so it might just plain be physically impossible. No mention in those clips for his roles in DBZA or FF7MA.

Lol pretty much exactly what was said in the thing you quoted.

Meant for another thread. Forget to take it out.

Kroze

Oct 28, 2017
Ben is a great guy and has a LOT of potential doing a bunch of things in the future. As someone who has known them all for plenty of years, I am actually very glad to see him going onto more things.
And yea, Lani and Kaiser have always kinda headed up TFS... shame that Masako is such on the outside of things due to location...
But yea, i hope TFS moves into more things overall where their skills are better used.
I had tried to push them towards that back in the day with some more original content and live action stuff (Especially now that the boys and Corinne are all down in Texas together), so hopefully we'll see. They are all super talented and can do a LOT of stuff to help expand their ongoing brand if they wanted to.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
A little disappointed Cell Kai Abridged is getting split into 2 parts but I understand why.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't making Kai Abridged longer sort of missing the point of Kai Abridged? It's suppose to be a breakneck, lightning fast recap of the story arc that is essentially the result of them double-abridging the show.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't making Kai Abridged longer sort of missing the point of Kai Abridged? It's suppose to be a breakneck, lightning fast recap of the story arc that is essentially the result of them double/triple-abridging the show.

Well by doing 2 Kia abridges they can have 1 for the androids and 1 for cell rather than putting both together.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Best Saga! Dont' @ me.

----

It was okay. Nothing will ever match the god damn Abridgimon moment. Some nice moments in this too, though :)

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
There was a certain Piccolo and Gohan joke in this episode that made me laugh so hard I started coughing for 3 minutes and had to pause the episode.

"...harder"

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno... I laughed a couple times... But there were a few too many reused jokes for my taste. At least for "Dodge" they spiced it up with the 4th wall breaking... The rest of them just played too straight.

Still, me and the missus enjoyed it.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
He's...not wrong. S1 has its nice moments, but it feels like an almost completely different show quality-wise from the rest of the series. The concept really didn't click until mid-Namek.
It hasn't aged well

You can tell that season was made in a different era of abridging where it's just dumb meta jokes and references

Definitely 2000s YouTube culture

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I watched a YouTube archive of there commentary from last year for there anniversary

after season 1 they regret anjokee that uses the r word

which that abliest slur is used a bunch in season 2

dont think they have much major regret after that

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a YouTube archive of there commentary from last year for there anniversary

They've been open or at least Kaiser is about how they don't like season 1

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Kaiser also said he really regretted the the Bulma/Vegeta rape dream scene and the whole "Dodoria's actually a woman" thing, Masako isn't a fan of his Goku performance during most of Season 2, and none of them like the "Team Three Star" gag.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Team Three Star is one of my favorite gags. I like Dodoria is a woman idea (the execution was done poorly) That one has definitely aged poorly.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 isn't terrible but it certainly isn't up to the bar that their material reached during Namek. Like people still love their Nappa, right?

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
Season 1 has one of the BEST jokes in the entire show (no not doge)

ep 5 the bug planet

When he plays with the big bug and takes pictures en sends them to Vegeta hahahahah fantastic :D

Prison BITCH :D

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 was 5 abridgers with very different styles taking turns making jokes. Season 2 is when they started working more seriously together to make a coherent style.