• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How dare these people with no obligation to make anything, who do not directly profit off these videos (you can argue patreon to an extent, but they've always made it clear that the patreon wasn't about DBZA and so anyone who ignores that really has only themselves to blame) not release the incredibly effort intensive videos on a faster pace. The nerve

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
How dare these people with no obligation to make anything, who do not directly profit off these videos (you can argue patreon to an extent, but they've always made it clear that the patreon wasn't about DBZA and so anyone who ignores that really has only themselves to blame) not release the incredibly effort intensive videos on a faster pace. The nerve
I can see people being disappointed/ critical. It's been a year after all.

But any anger towards them is a little extreme I feel.

Apr 16, 2018
The Android saga has been a treat all the way through. I don't mind waiting a bit for the finale.

It will absolutely be worth it. Their characterization of Cell makes him an interesting villain and his dialogue is on par if not better than Frieza's.

Before TFS, Cell was my least favorite DB villain of all time. In fact, the Android arc was my least favorite of all time. They've almost wholly redeemed it for me.

The finale will be bonkers.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Been watching Ben (hbi2k) stream lately. He's been doing Link to the Past Randomizer all week and he's been talking about the next Hellsing Ultimate Abridge. He think the script will be all finished up in the next week or two.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Kaiser tweeted that part 1 is done last week.
Eager_face.gif

I am READY

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017

Apparently TFS contacted this guy and are commissioning more work from him.

Also after just one year they are killing off Anime FMK due to lost opportunity costs. They'll finish out the season, but that's it. They don't have any concrete plans for the four start bento channel yet either.

George c

Dec 1, 2017
Saw the bump and my heart jumped.... Back to my cave lol.

But to comment on something earlier, the hate TFS gets for doing this labor of love makes me sad. My friends and I got so many one liners over the years from then and it was all free so thanks TFS.

OP
OP
Arrrammis

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Update from HBI2k via Reddit:
I've been seeing a lot of "wen60?" posts on this subreddit lately. It's not that it's wrong to ask, but having so many redundant threads tends to clutter up the subreddit, so here's the answer for anyone who asks.

DBZA Episode 60 is planned for a three-part release starting in late summer 2018, on three consecutive Fridays. Part 1 is essentially done, Part 2 is about one polish pass away from being done, and Part 3 is currently in production. The total runtime for all three parts together will be more than 60 and less than 90 minutes, so essentially the length of a full Dragon Ball movie.

Other than the preview clip that was released as part of the last TFS News update, no part of 60 will be released until Part 3 is completed, in order to 100% ensure that we can meet our three-Friday release schedule with no delays in between.

No announcement about the future of DBZA post-60 will be made until Episode 60 is out in its entirety.

Anything that you see labeled "DBZA Episode 60" anywhere but https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamFourStar (our main YouTube channel where DBZA has always been posted) or https://www.twitch.tv/streamfourstar (our Twitch channel, where we do live premieres among other things) is a hoax and should be ignored.

While we're on the subject of release window updates, the scripting for Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episode 9 (which will be the finale, incorporating the portions of OVA 9 not already covered in HUA 8 and all of OVA 10) is completed and ready to move into recording and production. We are optimistic that it will be ready in time for our traditional Youmacon premiere (shortly after Halloween), and confident that it will be out by the end of the year at the absolute latest.

Final Fantasy 7 Machinabridged Season 3 is currently in active production and aiming for a 2018 release barring unforeseen delays. It will be a shorter season compared to the first two due to reaching a natural breakpoint in the story.

You can follow the official Team Four Star Twitter for up-to-the-minute updates on these and all other Team Four Star projects.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing, feels like it's been forever.

Also apparently Kaiser did a poll on Twitter recently asking if people would want a Season 1 Remake/Remaster.

I agree with others, he just wants to fix this:

;)

Also it would be cool.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
The first episode is the only one that I feel really needs a redo, and that's less about the script and more about the timing and delivery being rough.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
It'sbeen84years.gif

We're gonna get KH3, the end of DBZA, Avengers 4, and Cyberpunk before we ever get Winds of Winter. What a time to be alive.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It'sbeen84years.gif

We're gonna get KH3, the end of DBZA, Avengers 4, and Cyberpunk before we ever get Winds of Winter. What a time to be alive.

Hold your horses, bub. We haven't gotten any confirmation about this being the end of DBZA or not (and given the poll about a season 1 redo and some of the other comments they've made in the past couple of weeks, it looks like things are leaning towards it not being the end).

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Hold your horses, bub. We haven't gotten any confirmation about this being the end of DBZA or not (and given the poll about a season 1 redo and some of the other comments they've made in the past couple of weeks, it looks like things are leaning towards it not being the end).

If they do Buu I would hope it would be condensed into about 15 episodes. The arc has tons of downtime and they know everyone wants Super.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If they do Buu I would hope it would be condensed into about 15 episodes. The arc has tons of downtime and they know everyone wants Super.

They were already doing Super stuff back when it was airing, but Toei came down on them with the wrath of a vengeful god. It ain't happening. Hell, GT Abridged is more likely, and they HATE GT.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Part 2's been finished for a while now. The reason we had to wait so long until we got Episode 60 Part 1 was that they wanted to release every part once a week until it was finished.

That's reassuring.

I wouldn't be opposed to that. Similar to how they handled the Garlic Jr stuff.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Part 2's been finished for a while now. The reason we had to wait so long until we got Episode 60 Part 1 was that they wanted to release every part once a week until it was finished.
I thought it was every other week.

either way they said they weren't releasing any of 60 until all of it was done.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Nah man... leave season 1 be. It's charming in it's own right since they were obviously experimenting with a bunch of different things.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Vegeta3986 was the only one of the original major cast to permanently leave TFS. I suppose that could add some consistency by using their current voices for the characters.

Not just Kami but Raditz and Yamcha. Especially after that lame "forced cast switch" joke in Episode 1 with Raditz because Lanipator wouldn't say "Keep your eye on the birdie" or something.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Yeah, Vegeta3986 was the only one of the original major cast to permanently leave TFS. I suppose that could add some consistency by using their current voices for the characters.
I remember watching Naruto abridged back in the day and he voiced the 3rd Hokage with that same voice. It was baaaad.

I wouldn't mind them redoing it solely for Kami's voice

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I remember watching Naruto abridged back in the day and he voiced the 3rd Hokage with that same voice. It was baaaad.

I wouldn't mind them redoing it solely for Kami's voice

Yeah Vegeta3986 was not a good voice actor. He was fine for season 1 but as the production value of the show increased he'd stand out alot.

Those who replaced him on the show do such a better job with thier characters.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Yeah Vegeta3986 was not a good voice actor. He was fine for season 1 but as the production value of the show increased he'd stand out alot.

Those who replaced him on the show do such a better job with thier characters.
I remember being so disappointed when he replaced Lani for voicing Radditz, Lani does an amazing impression of Justin Cook.

OP
OP
Arrrammis

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Casual Friday stream is up! Lanipator, Takahata101, Zito, and GaijinGoombah are playing some pre-show Dragon Ball FighterZ at the moment. Episode 60 goes up in 2 hours!