• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
http://www.foxla.com/news/local-new...with-noose-at-a-palmdale-school-causes-uproar

Employees who did not want to be identified told FOX 11 the picture of the women and the noose and a separate picture showing the noose hanging up in an office were emailed to all staff by Summerwind Elementary School's principal, Linda Brandts. There was nothing written in the email.

"We want her gone from this school and that's just it. We want her out of here. I do personally! I do," Harper said. "Because I know what she about. The pictures prove it, that's what she about and that's what she allow to go on. So she need to go."

Breyon Clemmons said racism was a prevalent problem at the school. She had problems with teachers singling Black and Hispanic kids out while her daughter was a student there and she said she was currently dealing with problem teachers interacting with her younger daughter.

"I've requested that my kid be taken out of one classroom because that teacher, in particular, has shown prejudice discrimination against my kid and when I requested the black teacher I got grief for that," Clemmons said.

Photo_of_teachers_posing_with_noose_caus_0_7238807_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
After watching the Loqueesha trailer, I'm ready for anything.

Also, yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Yikes. That's probably not the perspective they want in someone running for superintendent.

At least not on the surface.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
The laughing while pointing to it gets me. "HAHAHA, look at the noose, Linda!" Oh, I see it alright.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I can't understand why their reaction to posing with a noose (which is a disturbing thing to do in the first place) is to laugh about it... Like, what even goes through someone's mind at that point?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you pose with a noose?
Is everyone fucking mental nowadays?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
It's okay, guys, they're not laughing at racism, they're laughing at suicide! Er, wait, no, not suicide! Capital punishment! Yeah, that's it!

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
The fuck? We just letting it hang out there now, not a care in the world.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Palmdale is a shit area near Lancaster, which is a basically just a prison town. Also home to lots of low income homes.

Not to judge the non-offending residents, but this is where you'd expect to see this shit happening.

The whites pictured here somehow believe they're above the minorities, no doubt. There are words for people like them.

Aug 1, 2018
I can't understand why their reaction to posing with a noose (which is a disturbing thing to do in the first place) is to laugh about it... Like, what even goes through someone's mind at that point?

You should go and look at pictures of lynchings and look at the expressions on the faces of everyone in the picture. You'll see a lot of similarity.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand. I usually can put myself in others' shoes, but even assuming I were a really diehard racist, hanging out with my racist group, I can't fathom the mental process that says "let's take a picture with a noose and send it out to all our co-workers".

Like, what?

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
In our post-racial, all lives matter society where we are all one race: the human race and no one sees color, nooses are simply a fancy knot and they are just showing how proud they are that they learned to tie it! No need to be so sensitive all you liberal snowflakes!!!

Dagobert

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
Compton, Japan
User banned (perm): troll account
You do know some countries still use a noose for their death sentences. I need context for this. If we're going to call racism on a noose without context, then I want to call racism on anyone holding a syringe as well. Just saying... I'm not even white, I'm a well hung brother na'm sayin?

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I just... why?

Like, I'm a white dude, most of my friends are white, and none of us would ever stand for that kind of shit. What the fuck is wrong with some white people, I don't get it. Like I'd say it's because we're Canadian but our country still has issues with racism so fuck if I know.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't actually need a reason because whatever they come up with will be bullshit, but I'm curious to know what they actually came up with as a reason.

It's like when your teacher knows you didn't do the homework but calls on you anyway to see what you do.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
This.

Also, why are poor white people so racist?

Also, I've often pondered the source of all the racism from wealthy whites.

Why are around half of all white women so willing to forfeit their rights and autonomy? We could go on and on, I'm sure. There's definitely something substantial to be said about the failings of the US education system.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
You do know some countries still use a noose for their death sentences. I need context for this. If we're going to call racism on a noose without context, then I want to call racism on anyone holding a syringe as well. Just saying... I'm not even white, I'm a well hung brother na'm sayin?
What context could possibly excuse this shit? In America in the year Two fucking Thousand Nineteen?

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even get what I'm supposed to be looking at.

"Hey, John! Me and the girls found this noose in the classroom! Ain't that just the darndest? :D"

Like wtf