• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Millions may never know how the gripping and cleverly written story concluded!

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Coming from the same network that ran Seinfeld at high speed to fit in more ads.

Why anyone watched a movie on cable TV - with ads - in 2020 is beyond me.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
It's like cutting out the last 15 minutes of Back to the Future.

Marty comes back from the past, life is perfect. The end.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Coming from the same network that ran Seinfeld at high speed to fit in more ads.

Why anyone watched a movie on cable TV - with ads - in 2020 is beyond me.

I tune in sometimes just to put something on in the background, but the way ads have ballooned the runtimes on cable TV is insane. Two hour movies take three hours to air and three hour movies like LOTR can take up to four and a half hours. That's an entire freaking afternoon.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Americans realize how fucked up it is that their networks recut (read: butcher) movies around how many commercials they need to air and when. When I first came to the U.S., back in 2007, my mind was blown how shit the experience of watching a movie on TV in America is. Luckily now there's streaming but I feel bad for all of you who grew up with butchered TV edits and full-screen DVDs.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm okay with this. Whatever gets that horrible movie over with faster is a good thing.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if Americans realize how fucked up it is that their networks recut (read: butcher) movies around how many commercials they need to air and when. When I first came to the U.S., back in 2007, my mind was blown how shit the experience of watching a movie on TV in America is. Luckily now there's streaming but I feel bad for all of you who grew up with butchered TV edits and full-screen DVDs.

Growing up, I learned how to tape movies off tv if I didn't own the VHS of them. If I rented the movie before, I remember getting so mad with the content they cut. On the flip side, if the tv edit was the only time I watched the movie, it was weird watching the full cut years later on how much was cut.

The example above is worse garbage for trying to fit the length :/

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
I'm probably in the minority, but I'm not 100% convinced if TBS actually cut that ending.

I've had trouble before where my recordings will occasionally have issues and not record chunks of shows/movies, and they're clearly watching this from a recording.

Shitty if it's true though.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Yeah every time I see Willy Wonka the same thing happens. They get in the glass elevator, and then boom, credits. Like, what happened to everything after?

-- me as a kid the first time I saw that movie after reading the book

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
As a kid, it was all we knew. You'd pop in a dvd and go "oh wow, that scene wasn't in there when I saw this on tv...?" every time.

Oct 25, 2017
TBS...
tumblr_p0cr6nVnFO1txtch1o2_500.gifv

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I pay for it because I literally can't get Comcast to give me high speed internet if I don't. And no other provider wired my building for it. The US telecom market is a racket, and I understand why a lot of people pay into it.

You don't have to defend it, cable is fine for what it is. Cord cutters are either pirating or paying for 5+ seperate subscriptions to get a worse experience than cable, for the amount of use I get out of my Fios package on a monthly basis, it's worth every penny.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This would be a funnier headline if it had been Elf.

"She wants to know how a certain puppy and a certain pigeon escape the clutches of a certain evil witch!"

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Gonna say it... I think this movie is extremely underrated and I laugh my ass off at it now as an adult. Will take this movie over A Christmas Story (which I find vastly overrated) every single time

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jingle all the Way, Elf, Home Alone and Die Hard are the only good Christmas movies ever made.