• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I own these on iOS and they are fantastic. They were basically reprogrammed to take advantage of smartphone 16:9 aspect ratios. They also run a higher resolution. Moreover, it is also available on the PC, Mac, and Linux, but playing the sexy OLED should be nice.

I wish Sonic 3K got the Taxman treatment but the music stuff seems to be legal issue.

Sonic CD is missing btw. I just reminded that Taxman also ported that.

segabits.com

Taxman’s Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 Definitive Mobile Ports Finally get Decompiled by Fans Allowing Unofficial PSVita and PC ports

I will admit that I'm not really well versed on how this whole reverse engineering works, but thankf…

I will admit that I'm not really well versed on how this whole reverse engineering works, but thankfully twitter user Rubberduckycooly does and has now decompiled Christian "Taxman" Whitehead's Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 mobile ports, which are considered by fans as the definitive versions of these titles.

You can check out Rubberduckycooly's github page for future updates on this project.

This project would allow us to run Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2 mobile ports on other platforms natively. So far we have seen people posting that its working on Windows, Mac, Linux, and the PlayStation Vita! This could also mean we can get fan ports on other hacked handhelds or consoles as well, but we shall see where the project goes. From what I understand, rubberduckycooly used the Sonic CD SDK base to get these ports on PC, Vita; so we shall see what happens in the future.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
It's an absolute shame that the Taxman version of these games isn't on modern consoles, let alone, last gen consoles. :/

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

The Android versions of Sonic 1 & 2 have been decompiled and can be played on PC

Haven't seen a thread on this yet. These are the versions done by the Sonic Mania people in brand new engines with 16:9, playable Knuckles, and that kind of stuff. From the looks of it, getting it to work on PC is similar to how Mario 64 worked, but I haven't bothered to redownload my...
thanks, i searched vita and sonic in the title and that's why i missed it.

no love for Taxman in that title either? tsk tsk.

Oct 28, 2017
It's an absolute shame that the Taxman version of these games isn't on modern consoles, let alone, last gen consoles. :/
I know it's probably not the case, but my heart says that this has "Sonic Team jealousy" written all over it.

Whitehead and crew did more for Sonic with elegant ports and a new 2D game than ST had done for the franchise in 20 years.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And soon Vice City is coming out along with San Andreas (still in the works but it is coming).

VC should be out next week if all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.