• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing holding me back from an instant buy is that the entire city feels really lifeless. I really want a good successor to crazy taxi so I'll be watching out for reviews.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I suspect it's legal in the way every match-3 puzzler in the last 25 years is, games that define their own genres and gameplay loops are easily imitated and identifiable despite a few key changes. Like, Bloodstained pretty much screams 'Castlevania', and Mighty No.9 did the same with Megaman too, right down to their core, but you can't copyright a genre. In terms of the most obvious part, it's not like you can claim copyright infringement on a caricature of a yellow taxi that you're already making evocative of something that already exists.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
It's £28 (£31 after today) but that's too much for something that just popped up on my radar with no reviews or impressions.

EDIT: £23 on Xbox.

Switch tax is still a thing then.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of risky considering Sega actually once sued because of Simpsons Road Rage similarities to Crazy Taxi

The suit was then privately settled
I was going to ask about this, I loved Road Rage! I remember hearing about the lawsuit but didn't know if it was an urban legend or not, cuz this game is even more similar to CT.

Edit: Oh I see the patent expired so they should be in the clear. Ugh, I hate some of these gaming patents.

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm...

I might buy it out of a sense of curiosity.

It's amazing to think that Crazy Taxi 2 is still only on Dreamcast and Crazy Taxi 3 is only on the OG Xbox.

A high quality collection of the 3 games would probably sell decently. Or at least I'd buy it.

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm...

I might buy it out of a sense of curiosity.

It's amazing to think that Crazy Taxi 2 is still only on Dreamcast and Crazy Taxi 3 is only on the OG Xbox.

A high quality collection of the 3 games would probably sell decently. Or at least I'd buy it.

If i am not mistaken that is incorrect.

Crazy Taxi 2 is on PSP as part of the Crazy Taxi Fare Wars which is a collection with both Crazy Taxi 1 and 2

Crazy Taxi 3 came out on Windows but i am not sure if you can get it nowadays

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Looks and plays good. I spent countless of hours on the original one on Dreamcast and that shit introduced me with Offspring and Bad Religion

PSP got a Crazy Taxi collection which included both DC games. Only difference was the games had different punk songs. But it allowed MP3 on the device to be used in the in-game radio. I reverted the songs back the original that way.

The game should still be on PSN, I believe.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Needs those sponsorships and Bad Religion

474fe44a2f1349c3-600x338.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I always forget about that PSP port. Happily stand corrected.

Crazy Taxi 3 on Windows isn't something I was aware of. That would be interesting to track down.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
I got the original Crazy Taxi on Steam when it went on sale. Honestly, it didn't hold up for me. I had a lot more fun with Simpson Road Rage. This looks like it could be fun but I also want a Simpsons coat of paint on it.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I will buy this when it comes to PC, where I can mod in the Offspring, KFC, Tower Records, and the Levi store

krg

Oct 27, 2017
This game was actually approved by SEGA back in December:

www.cbr.com

Crazy Taxi Clone Being Published With SEGA's Approval

Arcade classic Crazy Taxi is finally getting a spiritual successor in the form of Taxi Chaos. Even more surprising: Sega approved the title.

I'm just waiting for some reviews, looks cool.

are you sure about this? I just read that SEGA actually is not involved at all. The article says the developers of this game do not have the official (or unofficial) support of SEGA Corporation and they're currently studying the situation...

Source in spanish:
www.nintenderos.com

SEGA confirma con este mensaje que no ha tenido nada que ver con el estreno de Taxi Chaos - Nintenderos

Nos llega un interesante mensaje relacionado con uno de los juegos indies más destacados del catálogo de Nintendo Switch actualmente. Estamos hablando en este caso de Taxi Chaos. En el texto que os dejamos a continuación, SEGA confirma que no ha tenido nada que ver con este reciente lanzamiento...

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The description of this on the xbox store doesn't even try to hide it.
RUSH THROUGH THE CITY TO DELIVER YOUR CRAZY CUSTOMERS! Get behind the wheel and get ready for a brand-new taxi experience! Drive around the city as the seasoned cab driver Vinny or the self-proclaimed 'influencer' Cleo, and pick up the craziest of customers!

Discover the best shortcuts and get to know New Yellow City (NYC), as well as your passengers, like the back of your hand. Are you ready for this crazy and chaotic ride?

• A completely fresh and modern take on the old-school classic taxi games! 🚕

• Go hard! Go crazy! The more risk you take and the crazier you drive, the higher your rewards!

Game is reviewing bad.