• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So short story short, work uses workday to post our W-2 and I accidentally saw 2018s and used it to file on TurboTax for 2019. Called TurboTax within the hour and they basically told me to just wait and it should eventually fail. That was a few days ago and now I'm getting paranoid about it. Can't really find any info other then sending an amendment. Like is there really not a number that I can call and say trash it it's bad?

OP
OP
Sacul64

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's that simple I've never messed up filing before since my stuff is rather simple. Just really hard to get my mess up out of my head.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Hopefully it's that simple I've never messed up filing before since my stuff is rather simple. Just really hard to get my mess up out of my head.
It will be, this stuff happens and it shouldn't be a problem.

The IRS is not actually out to ruin lives, especially of those who make real mistakes, rather than those who are intentionally committing crimes.

OP
OP
Sacul64

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It will be, this stuff happens and it shouldn't be a problem.

The IRS is not actually out to ruin lives, especially of those who make real mistakes, rather than those who are intentionally committing crimes.
Yeah. I had to file an amendment last year and all I had to do was make a quick correction and send a check to the IRS. It wasn't a big deal.

Ok cool, they may end up owing me money anyway since my 2018 was not a full year of work and this year I had 2 pay increases and more hours overall.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah just file an amendment as soon as it's processed. They are cool about these things especially if you fix your own mistake.