• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Via WaPo:
More than 80 percent of the benefits of a tax change tucked into the coronavirus relief package Congress passed last month will go to those who earn more than $1 million annually, according to a report by a nonpartisan congressional body expected to be released Tuesday.

The provision, inserted into the legislation by Senate Republicans, temporarily suspends a limitation on how much owners of businesses formed as "pass-through" entities can deduct against their nonbusiness income, such as capital gains, to reduce their tax liability. The limitation was created as part of the 2017 Republican tax law to offset other tax cuts to firms in that legislation.

Suspending the limitation will cost taxpayers about $90 billion in 2020 alone, part of a set of tax changes that will add close to $170 billion to the national deficit over the next 10 years, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT), the nonpartisan congressional body.
Give to the rich now. Take from the poor later. How quaint. Lock if old.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I could see how this was far more necessary than UBI or vote-by-mail, y'know, if I was a lich or something.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But people making $100,000 here are part of the wealthy Baron class according to this forum.
DUDE WE GET IT SHUT UP

Literally nobody will say that in a thread and you and mammoth jones and that other guy will pop in with this post PLEASE i am BEGGING you to come up with something else

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
DUDE WE GET IT SHUT UP

Literally nobody will say that in a thread and you and mammoth jones and that other guy will pop in with this post PLEASE i am BEGGING you to come up with something else
Geez man. Sorry.

Trying to figure out where your comments are coming from exactly apart from some posts awhile back. I don't think I've discussed it in awhile. If you'd like to DM me, I'm happy to chat if I offended you at all.

Last edited:

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
if this fills you all with surprise, I'm not sure what yall were expecting. obviously the trump admin is fucking shit and will do nothing but try to line their own and their friends' pockets. this bit of news changes nothing. what will change things is if you all show up at the polls in november to vote this fucker out

Deleted member 8741

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
100,000 is above average. I wouldn't call it super wealthy. Also what does this have to do with the article?

I think my point, in my quick (and albeit somewhat snarky) post. Is that the class that benefits continues to be one that is far and above the fights that we typically draw lines against in this forum.

It's just ANOTHER example of how they angle benefits to the uber wealthy and cut out everyone else. I just think it's telling. We often get caught up in this forum bashing people making 100k in the cities when the issues continue to reveal themselves to be the giant wealth disparities that are unreachable by most here. I think it's crucial to change to understand who is being played against who.

That said, I'm sorry if that comment derailed the conversation too much. Not my intention at all. I can delete it if you'd like.

Nov 11, 2017
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Of course they did, Senators did the math and realized they would be missing out on tax payers money. What is the point of handing out cash to the people who need it of they aren't wetting their beaks? Every time they use the CARES act for political points ask them what they're spending their stimulus on.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
But people making $100,000 here are part of the wealthy Barron class according to this forum.

Speak for yourself.

*eats another fabergé egg*

I have a kid and head of household, i thought i'd be getting something but... noppers. But, thank god the millionaires are taken care of. They need it the most.

But really, this is all by design.

Get us all arguing with eachother, meanwhile the actual rich/wealthy *WHERE IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT ZIP CODE YOU'RE IN* walk off with the bags of our money.

Deleted member 8741

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Speak for yourself.

I have a kid and head of household, i thought i'd be getting something but... noppers. But, thank god the millionaires are taken care of. They need it the most.

Get us all arguing with eachother, meanwhile the actual rich/wealthy *WHERE IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT ZIP CODE YOU'RE IN* walk off with the bags of our money.

Exactly. Such bullshit.

I'm better off than many I know (so far) but I still feel like I'm on the precipice here.

These million plus a year people don't need relief right now. Maybe a business does. Maybe the actual workers. But if you are a household and you make 1 million a year, you should not be getting any help right now before the average worker.

Mar 29, 2018
It needs revolution to change, but nowadays... With the scale, the sheer number of people... That's impossible to do. You can't get the message of extreme injustice like this out to enough people to even begin to consider the singularity you'd call a "revolution".

But people making $100,000 here are part of the wealthy Baron class according to this forum.
- almost 1 in 5 Americans live in actual poverty
- 100k is about double the national average wage

That's it. Case closed. That's the only message.

And it has NOTHING to do with this thread, so good derail.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is temporary only and helps out small business owners a lot.

Small businesses like *checks notes* the Dallas Cowboys (hey, they have < 200 employees)

In all seriousness, I'm not going to get worked up over a small temporary tax cut, but let's be real -- if the goal was to help small businesses it would have just been written with that limitation. I mean, they had no problem putting means testing on the paltry stimulus checks

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Yes, because revolution works so well everytime.

Hear that everyone making an argument that revolutions work everytime?! GOT IT? Listen to Shawn here. Revolutions don't work 100% of the time, always.
One more time so its clear for the folks in the back with the balaclavas on..

Revolutions do not work, literally, 100% of the time.

Thanks Shawn, I really don't know where we would be without this information. Sincerely appreciate it.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Lol. motherfuckers in here arguing over 100k and revolutions. The most bizarre thread derails ive seen in a minute. I blame illuminati agents on the boards.

Meanwhile the millionaires?
*Mayweather cash throwing gif*

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did your feelings get hurt? 100k a year is far over the national average take home per year. It's not 'wealthy baron' status, but to the thousands of people on this forum who make sub-30k a year it is going to seem like a lot.

Oct 28, 2017
but it doesn't say how to do it without inconveniencing americans.
Some of them need to be deeply inconvenienced.
Did you feelings get hurt? 100k a year is far over the national average take home per year. It's not 'wealthy baron' status, but to the thousands of people on this forum who make sub-30k a year it is going to seem like a lot.
How much 100 k really is depends on where you live too. 100k in coal country will seem like a fortune while a person making 100k in NYC is struggling to make ends meet month to month. It's all relative.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Speak for yourself.

But..but.....you can't eat-

Also, yeah. Pretty much.