• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Eh?

Tron Bonne was playable in MVC2 and MVC3.

Oh geez, yeah! This has to be one of my biggest brain farts of all time. :P I think I'm just so used to Tron being in MvC 2 and 3 that I just totally overlooked her because Trigger being playable in TvC is still really surprising to me all these years later. Thanks for the (very obvious) correction!

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I still can believe this game exists. No one asked for this yet it is so good. Too bad it's stuck on wii and will probably never be ported elsewhere. At least I still have my physical copy.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
MUGEN introduced me to the world of fighting games. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom got me INTO fighting games. I mained Zero/Roll (ZeRoll!), but also loved some Casshern and Yatterman on the side.

These are my favorite tracks.

These were very cool too. I believe they were preorder items. I have a couple packs laying around.
s-l400.jpg
I only have the Chun-Li vs. Jun the Swan lenticular card which came with the game. It was really cool.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Always wanted to play this. Wish it would get a port to a platform I can actually use an arcade stick with. I really like the art style, and yeah Marvel characters don't do much for me.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Ironically enough, I played Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on my Wii earlier today, for the first time in about two years. Still a great game!

OP
OP
Ginger Hail

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see so much love for the game already. Definitely came out at a weird time in a weird place but I'm glad it has its fans.

These were very cool too. I believe they were preorder items. I have a couple packs laying around.
s-l400.jpg

Yup, I got my pack when I picked up the game. Keep em inside my case.

EY5mI_tXsAYWndB.jpg

These are my favorite tracks.

Honesty those are two of my favorite tracks and I was tempted to include one of them in my OP, but I figured the others were a bit more "fighting game" and would make a better first impression. Glad I'm not alone in my love for these tracks at least.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I love this game. Best roster in a vs. game IMHO. And I much prefer the 2v2 format to 3v3. The mechanics are also a lot more balanced (read: no x factor) and hence a lot more fun to watch for someone who hates robbery mechanics. Not a big fan of the Shinkiro art, but I know a lot of people love it.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
The first VS game I owned and I wasted my entire time with the game trying to play it like Street Fighter LOL

Brenal

Nov 5, 2017
one of my favorite fighting games of all time, that shamefully has everything against being rereleased, the character rights, the fact that it was built in the engine ofa Kamen Rider licensed game of all things that for some reason refuses to work on anything that isnt a wii (that is why it wasnt ported to other 7th gen systems) and the obscurity of half the cast, it would be an actual miracle if we see it again but i will be hoping

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Roll and Tekkaman Blade were my mains :'(

I love the game, still boot it up from time to time
Yeah I played as Roll too, she was pretty fun to use, it was nice to see her be viable compared to her mvc2 version. As for my other comment It was more tekkamen together as a team basically made the match unwinnable as a giant. I would keep playing the game if I had anyone to play against, but sadly the dpad on my classic controller is kinda dead for diagonals now and makes this game too hard to play.

I remember laughing at the game because it had a glitch that your ranking online could randomly get reset back to 0 points. I got hit by it and thought it was the funniest thing ever.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Oh man YES! The really cool thing about the game is how I really did a deep dive into Tatsunoko stuff. Became a pretty big Time Bokan fan out of it. But yeah, it was a lot of fun. I really liked using Roll/Casshan myself. And yes, we NEED another game where Roll isn't some joke of a character. I still have my trading cards too. It was amazing to me that they actually made ENGLISH logos for a lot of the Tatsunoko series. I have no idea if Tatsunoko made them and just has them archived for use or if Capcom themselves made them.

Also, I'm a little sad the Secret File never really surfaced, it seemed like there was some neat exclusive artwork by Ippei Kurei. The only thing that got circulated was that page with Komugi, Phoenix Wright, and Muteking

tatsunoko-vs-capcom_151699_2_full.jpg

Although on a recent search, it seems one of the guys from Udon posted a couple pages on Twitter about a year ago

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The greatest Vs fighter Capcom has ever produced. I played it to death on the Wii. Such a fun game with a very unique cast of characters.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Still pissed Capcom just let the tatsunoko license expire with nothing after TvC but a gatchaman promotion with MH3U.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
One of the first fighters I really got into. It still holds a special place in my heart.

That character poll they did from a couple of years ago still gives me hope we'll see a sequel one day. It showed both companies are still talking, anyway.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I missed my oppurtunity to play this, but would love it to be on modern systems, but I understand Tatsunoko licensing in the west was nearly impossible, right?

Did the west version have all the content or any cuts?

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
I still can get over Frank West's ingame face
The Tatsunoko cast was an all time great one, shame they didn't include Speed Racer tho

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I missed my oppurtunity to play this, but would love it to be on modern systems, but I understand Tatsunoko licensing in the west was nearly impossible, right?

Our version cut one character (Hakushon Daimaou) and some minigames, but added in five new characters and a shooting game.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017

Hakushon Daimao and the animated endings got cut. There was probably some other stuff I'm forgetting too.

Nov 1, 2017
I preferred it over Marvel Vs Capcom 3 so so much in basically every way, especially the aesthetics. I'm not a big enough fighting game fan to compare the gameplay systems in depth but I always had a blast playing it even when selecting a random character. The only thing that I was ambivalent about was the fact that I had no emotional investment into any of the Tatsunoko cast, a lot of them looked samey in their white uniforms too which didn't help. I would love another entry either direct or spiritual.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man YES! The really cool thing about the game is how I really did a deep dive into Tatsunoko stuff. Became a pretty big Time Bokan fan out of it. But yeah, it was a lot of fun. I really liked using Roll/Casshan myself. And yes, we NEED another game where Roll isn't some joke of a character. I still have my trading cards too. It was amazing to me that they actually made ENGLISH logos for a lot of the Tatsunoko series. I have no idea if Tatsunoko made them and just has them archived for use or if Capcom themselves made them.

Also, I'm a little sad the Secret File never really surfaced, it seemed like there was some neat exclusive artwork by Ippei Kurei. The only thing that got circulated was that page with Komugi, Phoenix Wright, and Muteking

tatsunoko-vs-capcom_151699_2_full.jpg

Although on a recent search, it seems one of the guys from Udon posted a couple pages on Twitter about a year ago

Oh, did the secret file never actually release? I've been looking for it forever lol.

Quinho

Dec 25, 2017
Polymar is the shit! He just punches everyone in his way while giving 0 fucks.

HE TURNS INTO A FUCKING CAR WITH A DRILL.

He's my favorite fighter of all time. And I came to know him thanks to TvC.
images

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
We honestly did not deserve this game. We got it, and it's legacy is so...there and gone again. :(
Wish it would get ported.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
The last Capcom fighting game I wholly enjoyed. So many fun characters and playstyles.

Happily still own the JP original and the UAS update. If they were to ever give this puppy a re-release/remaster of some sort, I'd be there, Day 1.

C'mon, Capcom...

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
The Japanese intro is 1000 times better than the US one. The english intro is such a huge mess. Im glad we got it one of the few Wii games I imported since I thought for sure it was gonna be impossible to release in the west. Karas is such a bad ass character and im glad more people know Cashern now. Would love an HD version of this game just cause the jaggs hurt my eyes in this game.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Truly underrated on switch. Really want a remastered rerelease on switch, or even all major platforms, though licensing would be a nightmare

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely love this game. Besides the amount of care Capcom has in the details - for example, Roll powers up whenever she mops up a puddle, if I remember - it also has a roster that's absolutely made for me. I wasn't so familiar with much of the Tatsunoko side, but I like picks like Jin Saotome and Captain Commando which bring out a cool thing that others may have forgotten, which made up a huge proportion of the cast here versus safer crossovers.

There are a whole bunch of characters that would make great giants which would probably be huge pain to include in a game that didn't go out of their way to include them. Imagine Rathalos or Brachydios, Zero Akuma, Blodia, and so on!

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Copied my own post from the "Your most wanted cut content from a game?" thread:

A lot of characters were proposed in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom which only expand on what I love about that roster; wild choices.

28_tvcscanqikb4.jpg

www.unseen64.net

Some more characters cut from Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom - Unseen64

Preserving Details, Screenshots, Videos & more Lost Media for Some more characters cut from Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom Help us to remember cancelled video games!

We did eventually get several of these in later Versus games, and even a few in the updated version of TvC, but there's still quite a few missing.

81am8sucxmlodj00.jpg

vr-052t9qjrh.jpg

4xkpp.jpg

zjjn4.jpg

dd-zyvmvqaerviwt7jf3.jpg

1247114-gatchamanvol6g4jlu.jpg

thth25lo6qejnrgtda5rkgvjnc.jpg

braiking-boss-151341skn8.jpg

imagem479y8jgq.jpg
6ckvy.png

220px-charlie_28streegqkes.png

00081010z6k43.jpg

ibuki-sf3-new-generatymkek.png

tumblr_inline_o2g5odgg3k6b.jpg

zero-akuma-cyberbotsdnjf3.png

lpzoq10jdfh31h9jds.jpg

mtkua.png

f0jwm.png

kdj2h.png

40ks5.png

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If they had been able to add Date Masamune, it wouldn't even matter that they couldn't give the game an English dub!

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I love this game so much. While the Giants are a buzzkill and burst was way too easy to abuse, I adore everything about this game. I've never played a 2D fighter that felt so responsive, easy to use, comfortable, and entertaining. And it's gorgeous! And it has the most enjoyable Mega Man moveset from a VS game so far with Volnutt's active weapon changing.

Baroque >>>>>>>>>>>> X Factor and Infinite's gems. Baroque NEEDS to come back. The constant mental tug-o-war of saving your red health to recover or use it for a cancel / high damage combo.