• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Can't wait to see what nightmare device they make to "enable meaningful and systematic change."

Is the system in question the nervous system?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know Axon made TASER. Louisville Metro PD uses Axon body cams, if I'm not mistaken. Well, uses them when they're not turned off, that is.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm this is taser civillian are they separate from the department that supplies leos?

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
I just had a thought. They're probably wondering why police used tear gas instead of their tasers.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Corporations don't give a single fuck about lives, they only want your money.

This is vile

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
So they're going to hand out tasers to all the protesters, for protection against police?

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
WTF? what's next? Colt tweeting, "black lives matter, M16 is with you". Come on, this can't be real. Is like a black mirror episode.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
$$$$. Probably just want people to know that even if cops get defunded and their stock go down as a result of less taser guns, that investors should know they are coming up with new shit, so keep the money flowing. Their stock is the highest it has been in a year. Why else would they think the public would care what TASER's stance on BLM is?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I read this headline and assumed Taser was a band or something. Glad they're speaking up because everyone has to - I do wonder if Tasers have on balance been a force for good relative to bullets - probably impossible to properly measure - but I imagine there's a ton of data that says, "Tasers have killed a lot of (African American ) people - but reduced the number of people who would have been killed"

The flipside could be that Tasers have caused much more escalatory arrests and incidents. There's no doubt that the intention of Tasers could bviewed as positive - but it's ultimately still a weapon that is abused and can kill.

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao we really are at the point of saturation with these company statements that every one of them feels like they need to put something out no matter how ridiculous it sounds

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
If I remember correctly, on a Vergecast once, Smith once said their long-term goal is to make guns that doesn't kill or something like that.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This guy did a Reddit ask me anything some time back that might be interesting for people to look at:

Having watched him speak at last year's Axon conference, the dude seemed sincere about eliminating law enforcement's reliance on guns. It's a techbro approach to the problems in American policing and I don't fully agree with it of course, but at this point the situation is so dire that we probably can't afford to toss out solutions. Axon has done a lot of good with body cameras. Tasers less so (they still cause deaths and are technically less-lethal rather than non-lethal).

Of course this is good business for them. Axon grown vastly due to the widespread community push for body cameras by BLM and others, so there's obviously a profit angle here too.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what TASER™'s "technology that helps eradicate racism and excessive force" is. Maybe a giant robot that destroys their own factories?

Unlocked-Gun-Watchmen.jpg

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Couldn't find information on it right know, maybe one of you knows, but I thought tasers would reduce the the amount of people getting shot with guns.