• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I might have to pick up Project X Zone 2 and Monster Hunter Stories. I already own pretty much every other worthwhile 3DS game lol

NMFried

Oct 25, 2017
TX
I just stopped at two local Targets and picked up DKCR, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Mario 3D Land, OoT 3D and Happy Home Designer at $5 each.

I also found a Rosalina amiibo! (That was full price, though)

Big_Erk

Oct 27, 2017
Chief's Kingdom
I went back and grabbed 2 more after getting home. This is my complete haul.
iU5Y7aIT1KLRcoTN_ZzsYhUH8dyYFf1_5l4NpxZtpJugwUyW57RrQ49ab7pWhhp4VO0XDxFRH3VxfbeN6AJrNMupUN64fOaKPEcCk8cHikntG5Y_vkBXE6GKuT01Ca5XWJmiKCP_9WHTA0DAP3RwhWK4D0yxf1xpsBS3Jp3et4RF5UOcxI6gDyIfn1MnI16yJLy1rsuJFzl8csLmX5pRrvGYFsQMkInlSWrADULNIQvM9DT8B2czrljcz6pF3W2n-RaW8Jc5f0UXEQBfS5240cMGo1aGVgFb8DbJraSrgXgG-xeLre52B6Mlapb-WimFp6XMa1d_hgYOcZK7Mjqz9n8J0sadAuj2fbIUpDYy70KC1aKhFZGzlSd1na2awRm2yYIFwH4sECDI7DmeLJmtJ3bS9m45Bt-r7bF5w10V6BbZJCzAfcAJNGGDPIypZmyTluQ_9aEVxJB4KwbO-FdknOdYwgIQueTWyEjEbxVnkrv5zn5Y5TZVlGmKxI_XBq97CGaCx9Rkb4R7AH2lUEi0KAze_3VAL6X1cOug5HaYVPJJ2vAEees7lgQ-2mFF-oXBzmRb0G43hNjhKje8p3G46jbbFsbObP79lQck4EelWs0oJrSkXlQeGWjoxUOR-ioxZ_JjwhCZuvG9266aY7MyTYs_=w1768-h1346-no

The copy of SMT:Apocalypse had the pin set included. Pretty cool for $5.00.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Does liquidation sale mean that Target will no longer have 3DS games or is this just a marketing term?
Pretty sure this is the end. My target pulled every single one of their 3DS games out of the display cases and stacked them on one shelf, and they were all discounted.
It was strange to realize then and there that the DS brand was really coming to an end.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Man, wish I had a Target near me still. I still need to replace my copy of SMT Apocalypse. Especially since it appears most are launch edition

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
This sale is teasing me with all the games I considered buying and likely put in my cart at some point, but never bought: Kirby Battle Royale, Hey! Pikmin, and Pokemon Gen 7. I don't know if this is enough for me to bite, as none of those have the $5 sale.

EDIT: Oh, WarioWare Gold is there for $25. It'd be my first WarioWare game. Hmm...

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed SMT IV Apocalypse and the Puzzle & Dragons two-pack for $20 total.

Never played either of these series before.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that none of the ones close to me have SMT IV Apocalypse or Monster Hunter Stories, as I've wanted to grab those cheap for a while... but I'm not driving an hour both ways or whatever to save $20-30 or whatever.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wish I saw this earlier :( my target barely has anything's left now!

Oh well ill buy my cousin 3d land.

Aug 1, 2018
I went to a couple of Targets and the first one was picked clean. The 2nd one had a copy of Link Between Worlds, but I already have a physical copy and a digital copy so I just left it. I was about to leave and I was like "Wait, I wonder if there's anything on one of the endcaps" and I got lucky and found 1 copy of SMT IV for $5. I was super happy cause that's what I was actually looking for, haha.

is Ever Oasis worth 25?

I keep going back and forth on getting that game...

Definitely! The game is pretty chill and the game loop is fun (at least to me). I feel like you'll either love it or hate it after a certain point though. One of my friends thought that the game loop got repetitive, but I enjoyed it as it kind of turned into a resource management game with some exploration aspects to it.

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up 3D Land and Between Worlds for value, got Wario Gold for me.

Hate that everyone was so eager to see this generation go. Certain game types are going to take longer to make or not be made at all.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Checked both my local Targets and there were basically zero 3DS games. Ah well. Grats to anyone who snagged those $5 deals.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
DAMN IT, mine only had Link Between Worlds and wasn't showing $25 for the others.

Was hoping to nab NES Remix for myself, SMT Apocalypse for me & my friend, then Super Mario 3D Land and Project X Zone 2 for my friend. Can't even order these online.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Are there still people on ERA who say the 3DS isn't dying?

Anyway, great sale but I have most of these :(

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
I may have to go check out Target after this football game, I don't think I need anything, but never hurts to check.

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
Picked up Ocarina and Omega Ruby. Wanted Shin Megami Tensei but they didn't have it.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
The $5 Selects were cleared the fuck out by the time I got there, and they only had one copy of NES Remix left that the guy ahead of me in line got to first, so I only managed to get Captain Toad.

YMMV even if your store says a title is in stock, because they miscounted how many copies of certain games they had at my store.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I was at Target last night and close to buying new 2DS XL and a bunch of games (OoT, ALBW, Dark Moon). I really wanted Sami's Returns but they didn't have it so I didn't pull the trigger.

Was back at the same Target today and all of the Nintendo Select titles were gone. This explains it. I would have definitely bought a system and a bunch of games if I could have gotten in on this. Bummer.

Jan 9, 2018
Got
Ocarina of time
Luigis mansion
Luigis mansion dark moon
Donkey Kong
Link between two worlds.
Not bad for $50

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Damn good sale, but I already own all the ones I'd be interested in.

Maybe DKCR, but I'd have to drive a ways to get to a store with it in stock.

Aug 1, 2018
Also, don't forget that you might be able to price match at a different store. I was able to price match Luigi's Mansion at Best Buy.

Oct 25, 2017
Wish I'd seen this faster when it was still in stock online. I would have picked up Zelda ALBW.
It's available in store a town over but I'm feeling a bit under the weather so I'm not headed out today. Oh well. Maybe another online retailer will match it.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
My Target only had an endcap worth of 3DS games, and most were somewhere between $14.99-24.99. I did find one copy of ALBW for $5 so I grabbed that. Other than that, it's pretty empty. I also noticed that in addition to there not being any more 3DS stuff, there's also no Wii/Wii U stuff (Just Dance 2019 for Wii was the last one I saw a couple months ago), no Vita stuff, no Xbox 360 stuff, and no PS3 stuff. It's just toys, merchandise, and current-gen now. It also didn't seem like they had a lot of current-gen stuff anyway, but those stores aren't known for carrying every game released.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Some of these are actually priced lower than their trade-in values at Gamestop. Not that it would really be worth it to go through the whole process of ordering them to make like a one to three dollar profit, but it's pretty funny to think about.

Link Between Worlds and Animal Crossing New Leaf for $5 are both insane deals, if anyone recently got a 3DS or missed out on them.

Last edited:

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Hm... I might try and see if I can't snatch up a copy of Ultra Sun and Ever Oasis... Maybe SMT Redux...

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the 3DS era is finally over. I wonder if this means that rumored Switch revision ( possibly a smaller, portable version) announcement is coming soon?