• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Retailers doing what government won't.

www.usatoday.com

Target, CVS, Walgreens to also require masks at stores nationwide as COVID-19 cases rise

Walgreens, CVS and Target are the latest retailers to say they will require shoppers wear face coverings at stores nationwide as COVID-19 cases rise.

Target and CVS are the latest retailers to announce they too will require shoppers to wear masks or face coverings at stores nationwide.

The announcements come a day after Walmart, Kroger and Kohl's announced they would require masks starting next week as COVID-19 cases continue to rise. The coronavirus causes the disease COVID-19.

Target's requirement will start Aug. 1, the Minneapolis-based retailer confirmed to USA TODAY Thursday. It excludes "those with underlying medical conditions and young children."

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Should have been doing this for months already, but good to hear I suppose.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, masks are required at tons of places and peeps just keep ignoring them. This won't do shit.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Anti-maskers nation-wide as all the big stores slowly adopt this policy:

giphy.gif

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I worry about the physical safety of the "Health Ambassadors" and security guards - I can just picture a bunch of rednecks storming a place.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
my store has tried but just like pets all a guest has to say is they have a condition and we can do nothing

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried that people will take off or pull down their mask once inside the store. That's what I've been seeing at Walmart and even taco bell.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
my store has tried but just like pets all a guest has to say is they have a condition and we can do nothing
Ada.gov has a press release right at the top of the homepage from the DOJ clarifying that anti-maskers are not covered by the ADA. So stores can legally challenge such claims. The problem is that they've spent so long training their employees not to that they won't.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been really surprised that all these stores weren't requiring masks already.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I work at CVS and let me tell y'all I ain't confronting anyone about wearing masks. CVS treats us like shit already and they don't pay me enough to risk getting shot or stabbed by one of these crazies.

People have been good about wearing masks in my area though

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Target has been great since the start at encouraging mask wearing and also at controlling the flow of people in the store. Also great about cleaning checkout lanes after every customer.

Soturi

Apr 3, 2018
The district manager over my store has emailed out about how Target was already ahead of the curve on this and that we'll keep doing what we are doing.

What we do is encourage them to wear a mask and back down when they say no.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What is the world like outside of NYC? I have seen literally 0 people without masks in any store...

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I've been really surprised that all these stores weren't requiring masks already.

In states that have downplayed the virus or had minimal outbreak I'm not surprised if it was handled by the regional area managers for these big corporations. This decision is coming from the top down which is why it's getting news.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
The free hand of the market acts way too late when government doesn't step up.

Glad they're doing it, but goes to show the harm in waiting for the private industry to act.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, masks are required at tons of places and peeps just keep ignoring them. This won't do shit.

Yeah, as someone who works with small business, the push back against masks in places that require them is high. Curious to see how hard this is enforced.

Terrible take. The more places make it mandatory, the easier it is to generally enforce these rules.
This is better than not doing anything.

It's not a bad take. It's the reality of the situation unfortunately. I hope these business hard mandate the use of these masks, but it's a tough thing to do.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Man I must be lucky to be in NJ. None of that non mask bullshit is tolerated. You better have a mask on or you will hear about it.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Good! These anti mask people shouldn't be allowed inside of any businesses.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if the vast majority (if not all) major retailers start requiring masks, this will go a HUGE way towards slowing the spread. If these idiots won't where a mask on their own volition, force them to when they enter your private business. This is such great news.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I feel bad for the employees that will have to deal with the dumbass anti mask people. They don't get paid enough for that shit.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
They really waited till it started affecting southern states to take action. Trump ain't even wear a mask till it started hurting his people. Lmao this country is so dense

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Whenever I go into a Publix they play a message over the speaker stating that masks must be worn by local ordinance. There is always at least one turd without a mask somewhere in the store. It's a game of "Avoid the Moron" whenever I see them.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe for one second that these stores that are in conservative areas of America, or have conservative employees/managers will enforce this.

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't believe for one second that these stores that are in conservative areas of America, or have conservative employees/managers will enforce this.

I've been to up north Wisconsin multiple times in the past month, Eagle River to be exact (Trump county 100%), and the 3-4 times I visited Menards almost everyone was wearing a mask (already had a mask mandate in place) and even the local grocery stores were probably running at a 60-70% clip, which TBH is a lot higher than I expected.

The mandates work. Customers that alienated will choose not to shop, the others will figure out they don't have many other options and will put up with it just to get in grab their shit and get out.