• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it has actually been finished. While he's screened something called The Whole Bloody Affair at the New Beverly a couple times iirc it was actually just the original Cannes cut (and still includes the French subtitles from that showing), and did not have the new anime sequence he said the Whole Bloody Affair would include.

AH ok that makes sense. I thought it was already complete and that QT was withholding it for some bizarre reason.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
giphy.gif
His post was a parody of the post above his, saying that QT hasn't made a good film since IB.
I don't think he implied that IB was bad, he just took the other post as the base to say that QT films are all good.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Even after what came out about what he did to her on set all the time? She described the crash on the set of Kill Bill as what made her feel less like a "creative collaborator" and more like "a broken tool".

There are articles saying he apologized and that accident on set of KB with Uma was one of the biggest regrets of his life, etc. so maybe they made up/peace with each other, etc. Her daughter was also just in OUATIH.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
There are articles saying he apologized and that accident on set of KB with Uma was one of the biggest regrets of his life, etc. so maybe they made up/peace with each other, etc. Her daughter was also just in OUATIH.

The way she spoke of it in 2018 seemed like they were gone forever.

I dunno. If she made up with him that's her choice, but it feels like he's getting away with it.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
After Hollywood I'm glad he is away from Trek.
He needs a better editor and needs to write with others again.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I loved Kill Bill and I can and want to wait for a 3rd movie.

It's been 15 years since Vol 2 and it still feels recent to me.

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I know he keeps parading this "final movie" talk around as some definitive end to his career but honestly I don't see him stopping. He's like a Scorcese in how he just loves cinema, he lives and breaths it, and I can see him doing it until the day he dies.

I simply don't see Tarantino just stopping and going Nah I'm not making any more movies.

Yeah I can see him creating an alter ego and release movies under it so he can still pretend to keep word with his self-congratulation

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I'd actually really love it if he went into the TV show scene after his 10th movie. Those two episodes of Alias he did were very fun to watch (also Tarantino playing a villain was amazing, he does the disgusting nerd type very well, I wonder why that is).

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it has actually been finished. While he's screened something called The Whole Bloody Affair at the New Beverly a couple times iirc it was actually just the original Cannes cut (and still includes the French subtitles from that showing), and did not have the new anime sequence he said the Whole Bloody Affair would include.

plus if he's really making volume 3, the "whole bloody affair" descriptor becomes somewhat inaccurate.

OP
OP
Blader

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Even after what came out about what he did to her on set all the time? She described the crash on the set of Kill Bill as what made her feel less like a "creative collaborator" and more like "a broken tool".
He apologized, she accepted, and pinned the blame for it more on Harvey Weinstein and Miramax than Tarantino himself.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I'd actually really love it if he went into the TV show scene after his 10th movie. Those two episodes of Alias he did were very fun to watch (also Tarantino playing a villain was amazing, he does the disgusting nerd type very well, I wonder why that is).

Yeah if not a movie I'll watch some shows.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
To me the most obvious place to take Kill Bill 3 would be to have Vernita Green's daughter be the main character and she's going after an aging Beatrix who's trying to keep her own daughter from getting into the life. Kill Beatrix, as it were

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dat Galactus y'all doe.....

Imagine QT in Marvel lmao.

Any way I hope he does whatever he passionate about. I grew to have my issues with dude but I always appreciate him for having a young me grow interested in film beyond kid stuff.

Oct 28, 2017
I know he keeps parading this "final movie" talk around as some definitive end to his career but honestly I don't see him stopping. He's like a Scorcese in how he just loves cinema, he lives and breaths it, and I can see him doing it until the day he dies.

I simply don't see Tarantino just stopping and going Nah I'm not making any more movies.

He was hinting at turning to writing novels afterwards. Which could be interesting or he could fall on his ass. I almost imagine him being akin to a Palahniuk type of novelist if he went down that route

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand he's talking like Kyrie Irving. On the other hand please keep making dope movies Quentin - whatever you want to do.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
He can't be very passionate about Star Trek if he is willing to walk away from the project without talking to Paramount. I wonder how far along the whole thing was when he killed it.

May 26, 2018
I would love vol 3. It could be a great character study. It doesn't have to be a cockamamie adventure. It could be about the nature of revenge, the after effects of women being free from their abuser, how we cope with the deaths of our parents. There are so many cool things you could try.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
It's a bit weird seeing someone so overly and publicly concerned about posterity and legacy.