• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9237

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whatever, as long as he doesn't touch the script. I've had enough of cool guy, talky guy, violent guy etc.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Tarantino Sci-Fi sounds great.

This sounds terrible.

Although I won't see it anyway, because I don't watch Tarantino films since he's a racist.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like everything after next generation has been a let down might as well give him a chance.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
So half the movie will be one of those shuttle Bottle episodes?

Just Picard and Wesley chilling in a shuttle ride somewhere chatting about stuff.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
.....bah.

I get that directors have their own style and I get that, but I would really like to see Tarantini truly branch out.

This is why I disliked Inglorious Basterds the first time I saw it, I was expecting him to do something different considering it was a WW2 movie. Seeing the 70s style film making, references to movies, and general tone was kind of annoying.

That's not to say it isn't good, cuz it always is, but I also find it a bit stale.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I never saw a Tarantino movie I didn't love.
I'd happily watch him doing an R-rated Friendship is Magic movie, to be honest. Bring it on.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, no one's done chicken-flavored ice cream before either. But hey, go for it why not.
Pulp Science Fiction sounds simultaneously trite, fresh, boring, fun, repelling and alluring.
Makes me think of Jason X.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Klingon and Vulcan get into a fight that leads them into a Ferengi pawnshop. We know what happens next. Once the Klingon and the Vulcan are free, Klingon advises the Vulcan that they're "cool" but his DS9 rights have been revoked. The Vulcan showing curiosity for the fate of the Ferengi butt raper got in response from the Klingon, "I'm going to send a commincae to a team of tlhIngan and they will do their best to facilitate a most painful death with a pair of bat'leth and a mek'leth. 'Are you able to comprehend what I am saying, Ferengi? Our business has not nearly come to a conclusion! I'm going to take it back to the days of Kahless on your ass.'"

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Any of you Ferengi pricks move and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of you.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it needs to be a racial slur or Tarantino won't be happy with it.

Example: Does this look like a dead spoonhead storage?
More like
"You shut your whore mouth or I'll fuck that spoon on your head like the cunt you are, Garak" - Julian Bashir, post-DS9

Subtlety isn't a thing Tarantino is good for. Nor is interactions between good, rounded characters. It all becomes a frat level conversation

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
More like
"You shut your whore mouth or I'll fuck that spoon on your head like the cunt you are, Garak" - Julian Bashir, post-DS9

Subtlety isn't a thing Tarantino is good for. Nor is interactions between good, rounded characters. It all becomes a frat level conversation
The card scene in Basterds was poetry.

Star Trek has been stale for awhile. I say let Tarantino go to town.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
I could see him taking on the seedy nature of this universe in direct contrast to the glossy outwards facade of the Federation.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds great to me. I don't really care about Star Trek at all though so I don't have any expectations for it. Just down for Tarantino sci-fi with his signature dialogue.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
My name is Lt. Aldo Raine and I'm putting together a special team, and I need me eight soldiers. Eight Federation soldiers. Now, y'all might've heard rumors about the armada happening soon. Well, we'll be leaving a little earlier. We're gonna be dropped into Ferenginar, dressed as civilians. And once we're in enemy territory, as a bushwhackin' guerrilla army, we're gonna be doin' one thing and one thing only... killin' Ferengi.

Now, I don't know about y'all, but I sure as hell didn't come down from the goddamn Starfleet Academy, cross five thousand light years of space, fight my way through half of the Neutral Zone and jump out of a fuckin' transport shuttle to teach the Ferengi lessons in humanity. Ferengi ain't got no humanity. They're the foot soldiers of a Federation-hatin', mass murderin' maniac and they need to be dee-stroyed. That's why any and every son of a bitch we find sportin' those big ass Ferengi ears is gonna die.

Now, I'm the direct descendant of the mountain man Jim Bridger. That means I got a little Injun in me. And our battle plan will be that of an Apache resistance. We will be cruel to the Ferengi and through our cruelty they will know who we are. And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered, and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us. And the Ferengi won't not be able to help themselves but to imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands, and our boot heels, and the edge of our knives. And the Ferengi will be sickened by us, and the Ferengi will talk about us, and the Ferengi will fear us. And when the Ferengi closes their eyes at night and they're tortured by their subconscious for the evil they have done, it will be with thoughts of us they are tortured with. Sound good?

That's what I like to hear. But I got a word of warning for all you would-be warriors. When you join my command, you take on debit. A debit you owe me personally. Each and every man under my command owes me one hundred Ferengi scalps. And I want my scalps. And all y'all will git me one hundred Ferengi scalps, taken from the heads of one hundred dead Ferengi. Or you will die tryin'.