• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
how long is the game?
Maybe about 4 hours I'd say. Woke up at 3 and got through it by 6-7 AM playing straight through.

Really into the style. Seems pretty funny too.

Do you need to play the original to understand anything here?

No. There are some connections that make their way from the first to this but they aren't like fully followed upon.
Some characters in DG seem to be other family members not present in TT and that's about the long and short of it.
Both games are basically unconnected.

Mikke

Oct 28, 2017
Finished it yesterday. Loved it. Took me about 5 hours.
I liked pretty much everything about this game. The visuals, the story, the voice acting, the music!

Cannot recommend this enough for fans of adventure games. The story is unconnected to the previous game.

I went back and played Detective Grimoire, and while the games are definitely similar in some of their mechanics, Tangle Tower is a lot more polished and just a better game I think. It's also two to three times as long. I would recommend the first game to people who want more Tangle Tower though.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Started this on Apple TV and continuing on iphone but save file syncing isn't working for me. FML.

How do I move between areas on touchscreen? I'm on the first screen but cannot progress, and there is no gui to even return to the title screen.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I don't mind the delay, gives me time to clear some other games in the meantime @o@
Just let me preorder please.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god. The Snipperclips devs. The art style, the animation, the voice acting, the presentation. What is this masterful combination? I'm smiling and laughing and I don't know why. Why am I so excited?

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Wonder why they would go with a more American English, instead of British.

Also, any game already available on the apple arcade or any sub service, makes me less willing to pay full price. It looks nice, but I'd wait for a discount.

Feb 15, 2018
I have played about 3 hours or so. I'm enjoying it, but i must say not as much as i had hoped. I always feel like i have to ask every question to every person, whether it feels relevant or not, and although individual dialogue is used for every single thing, it does not really feel like "investigating", more like going through the motions.
I do like the bits where you formulate a statement from a number of possible nouns etc. More of that would have made the game feel more rewarding.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Can anyone give any tips on the Treasure Map puzzle? I expected to find a tile with the three items in order in a straight compass direction.

Corrupt

Oct 31, 2017
Oh wow, I didn't know Detective Grimoire was getting a sequel, will nab this when it's on Steam.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Finished this on Apple arcade today. Reminded me a ton of Spy Fox from when I grew up.

It's an incredibly fun game with great voice acting. Really hope we get a sequel.

Talka

Oct 29, 2017
Finished this on Apple arcade today. Reminded me a ton of Spy Fox from when I grew up.

It's an incredibly fun game with great voice acting. Really hope we get a sequel.

Also finished it today. Feels like there's supposed to be a secret ending but I don't see anything online about one. Is it confirmed there's no content beyond the standard ending?

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it on the Switch version.
Loved it as much as the previous two, probably even more due to the really great art style used. Only thing i had a issues with is the ending which felt a bit abrupt.
Just a shame there's no after-credits scene like the last one, it would have been even better to know the devs were thinking of future plans for it, even if it takes years again.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished it the other day. What a lovely, charming game. Good banter, great character designs, nice puzzles. I was particularly impressed by the game's restraint. Everything was there for a reason, and once all was said and done, the game ended. I was particularly dreading the moment when Flora would inevitably speak, and it never came. Tangle Tower cares not for your cliches. You can't know a person just because you talked to them three times. You're just there to solve murder puzzles. Everyone else has to sort their own lives out.

Nov 1, 2017
This game was a brilliant surprise. So polished and fun. Great for the whole family.
Does anybody know of a similar game to this? Where you kind of have to do an investigation, as opposed to being a straight up adventure game?
Something like this, Return of the Obra Dinn, or Her Story.

j_z

Feb 14, 2019
This game was a brilliant surprise. So polished and fun. Great for the whole family.
Does anybody know of a similar game to this? Where you kind of have to do an investigation, as opposed to being a straight up adventure game?
Thimbleweed Park, The Darkside Detective, Detective Gallo

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Would... I think it was called Trace Memory? count? It was on the DS though.

There was a puzzle where you had to partially close the DS to make the screens reflect off each other or something, that game blew my damn mind