• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
I expect nothing less from Florida Republicans. Just a complete dipshit parade.

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday told Pasco County Republicans that Florida "ran the most efficient, transparent election in the entire country."

Says the man who was actively denying former felons the right to vote.
The right we Floridians voted for.

Last edited:

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
21f4631cc43ad673b5dc2fac8c5fee810e516fd3.gifv
I almost did this for real.

Oct 27, 2017
Your entire system for campaign finance reporting is a bespoke app written and understood by just one guy, in 2021?

Looks like he fucked around and the Tampa GOP is now in the process of finding out.

EDIT: Was it just an Excel spreadsheet? Because I've met any number of "app consultants" whose idea of financial software is a hack-ass Excel job.

A "hack-ass Excel job" sounds like the most plausible explanation. Which means either the rest of the org is too incompetent to figure out how a spreadsheet works or it's laid out in such a shit-tastic manner that it would be easier for a consultant to rebuild everything in 20 hours and charge $10k for it.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't sound like a password issue at all. He developed an ETL that moved their Quickbooks data to whatever the FEC required. He's dead and never shared his code or anything so now they have to enter it manually.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This can also be just the Tampa GOP lying to the FEC to hide election finance crimes.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
As a former IT,

Yeah. This has happened to clients of mine. Not of COVID, but for other dumb reasons.

It's crazy how many businesses are a hair's length away from losing all their stuff.

May 10, 2019
Possible passwords:

Magalovesme2020
Trumpsbitch4ever
I.believe.the.orange
Trumps.FL.slush.fund2024
Bleach.will.save.me

And also

IlliterateSociableEwe-max-1mb.gif

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
This is why we dont vote for these bums to run our show lol. Take your ass to Polk County with this dumb shit..

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For real lol? Can't they password reset.

Nah, it's not really a password issue.

The late Gregg Prentice developed software that converted the committee's QuickBooks data into information usable by the FEC. But "Gregg did not share the software and instructions with our officers," the committee explained in its special filing with the FEC.

"We will have to enter the August data manually, and according to the information we have received from our FEC analyst, Scott Bennett, we may likely have to re-enter the data from our first 7 months of 2021. We will be struggling to get all of this entered in the proper format by our deadline on September 20, but we will try to do so with our best effort," the filing says.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Kimball went on to suggest that Tampa General was "not a safe place to go," repeating a pervasive myth that the life-saving treatment at hospitals was the cause of many recent coronavirus deaths. Two days after Prentice's death, Kimball called for an investigation into Tampa General during the public comment period of the Tampa City Council meeting and accused the hospital of "intubating people illegally."

JFC this amount of conspiratorial delusion.
I'm sure the hospitals would love antivax fools not to clog up hospitals anyway.