• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care who did the punching, it's not about tyson, i never liked violence and i don't like how it's always praised on this forum... i'm not saying you can NEVER use violence, sometime it's pretty understandable even if i don't condone it, but to me this one wasn't a situation where it was warranted

Now try to imagine the same situation but the annoying drunk guy was a woman... would it still be okay to punch them in that situation? i doubt anyone here would support that... So why is it okay if it's a guy? Is it just okay because a man supposedly can take a punch?

Even though we know a simple punch can kill someone too, it happened already

Again i understand why anyone would be tempted to punch annoying little shits like that, and sometime it happens despite all the selfcontrol you have...
What i don't like is how many people are chearing on the move like it should always be done in these situations

And I think some people on here don't want people reacting to harassment like this because they'd be worried about getting hit all the time.

I Wil always cheer black people preserving their peace. period. no exceptions.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
You know...throughout the course of following this discussion, and hell even just being a mod on this site, it's not lost on me that most of the people advocating for the white dumbass to have free reign with his words tend to be people who are very violent with their language themselves.

Because Black people (I'm going to say minorities in general here) do have a "spicy" command of the English language. However, we're also raised with the understanding of "those are fighting words" and we govern ourselves accordingly, and we employ language accordingly. It's consequences that so many of y'all are trying to run away from. The simple notion of consequences.

Because I don't even have to do any searching of post histories or any shit like that. I can just look in THIS thread and see that a lot of the people who are upset at Mike Tyson here, also tend to default to very flippant and violent language themselves. And it seems like what you're responding to here is not just Mike Tyson, but the very idea that someone could take umbrage with your words, and proceed to knock your shit back. And that there could be a room full of people watching you get your shit knocked back, and the general consensus be "...friend, you had that ass whoopin coming."

WELP, that's the world we live in. Watch how the fuck you talk to people. Because Mike Tyson ain't getting nothing from me for this but a beer, a pat on the back, and a "nigga, I get it." And I ain't ashamed of that. Sorry.

And as an aside...you white folks LOVE stealing adopting AAVE, and applying it wantonly in your own discourse. In the last year, I've never heard so many white folks say "fuck around and find out" with their whole chest.

Well, what the fuck do you think the "and find out" means?

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Mike did nothing wrong here. Sometimes you have to punch a motherfucker.

Wait he was harassing him for 15 mins and threw a bottle? Dude got off light

Last edited:

Silav101

Oct 26, 2017
so many white ppl in this thread just showing they have no idea what their privilege affords them in the real world.

you flip this situation and have a drunk obnoxious black person or visible minority who refuses to respect the personal space of a famous white person (fuck doesn't even have to be famous in this situation just white lol), and that individual will be immediately told to leave the person alone by the staff, and if they refuse possibly even arrested. It's even likely if the staff noticed that individual was drunk or somewhat intoxicated prior to boarding the plane, they would already be watching their actions in case a situation escalated. Oh but when it's the white person who is slightly intoxicated, nothing to worry about let that person go about their business, which I guess includes straight bothering a black person until he decides to remedy the situation himself and it becomes his fault.
I don't think white people can handle this orbital drop of facts, just sayin' lol

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope all the people in this thread who thinks it's legit and justified to lash out and destroy the face of a guy just because he was an annoying drunk piece of shit for 15 mns instead of responding appropriately to the situation like grown ups are supposed to will never have children.

Because the poor newborns would problaby beaten to death within their first six months
tumblr_33caa6fa2d9060d1ebf32b7f13a3bf38_59ae975d_1280.jpg

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You know...throughout the course of following this discussion, and hell even just being a mod on this site, it's not lost on me that most of the people advocating for the white dumbass to have free reign with his words tend to be people who are very violent with their language themselves.

Because Black people (I'm going to say minorities in general here) do have a "spicy" command of the English language. However, we're also raised with the understanding of "those are fighting words" and we govern ourselves accordingly, and we employ language accordingly. It's consequences that so many of y'all are trying to run away from. The simple notion of consequences.

Because I don't even have to do any searching of post histories or any shit like that. I can just look in THIS thread and see that a lot of the people who are upset at Mike Tyson here, also tend to default to very flippant and violent language themselves. And it seems like what you're responding to here is not just Mike Tyson, but the very idea that someone could take umbrage with your words, and proceed to knock your shit back. And that there could be a room full of people watching you get your shit knocked back, and the general consensus be "...friend, you had that ass whoopin coming."

WELP, that's the world we live in. Watch how the fuck you talk to people. Because Mike Tyson ain't getting nothing from me for this but a beer, a pat on the back, and a "nigga, I get it." And I ain't ashamed of that. Sorry.

And as an aside...you white folks LOVE stealing adopting AAVE, and applying it wantonly in your own discourse. In the last year, I've never heard so many white folks say "fuck around and find out" with their whole chest.

👏👏👏👏👏

Silav101

Oct 26, 2017
I hope all the people in this thread who thinks it's legit and justified to lash out and destroy the face of a guy just because he was an annoying drunk piece of shit for 15 mns instead of responding appropriately to the situation like grown ups are supposed to will never have children.

Because the poor newborns would problaby beaten to death within their first six months
What in the everlasting, everloving fuck is this shit? I guess my two kids have been beaten to death then! Wow, this is possibly the most nutso post I've personally seen on this place so far this year.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I can't really get on board with the idea that its okay to just repeatedly punch someone in the head because they're being annoying but never would have happened if the flight crew had done their damn job instead of letting him bounce around like a four year old clearly irritating other passengers.

Some idiot badgering and clearly irritating a famous boxer, what could go wrong?

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
When/if I have children, I hope they take to heart the lessons I give. One of them will be to not harass random people and expect them to be cordial with you.

And when/if they get bopped back, I'll repeat the lesson as they clearly did not listen in the first place.

Tyson will likely get his own consequences for his action. Are they justified? Probably. But you also have to remember that you cannot just expect every random person to react the same way.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

☝️🤝

Oct 29, 2017
Space

Did your ass just equate a drunk to a newborn baby? "Won't someone think of this children! Where are my pearls?!"

I plan to teach my children not to be drunk assholes unless they're willing to except the consequences of their actions.

People are fucking weird.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021

What a shit post. Jesus, some of y'all really are special.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017

LMFAO i hope this is satire but either way this is fucking gold

if this is real, people like this existing makes me feel great about my chances in a dog-eat-dog world when it comes to work loooooool

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017

this is one of the most outrageous posts I've ever seen on any internet board

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
I don't really care who did the punching, it's not about tyson, i never liked violence and i don't like how it's always praised on this forum... i'm not saying you can NEVER use violence, sometime it's pretty understandable even if i don't condone it, but to me this one wasn't a situation where it was warranted

Now try to imagine the same situation but the annoying drunk guy was a woman... would it still be okay to punch them in that situation? i doubt anyone here would support that... So why is it okay if it's a guy? Is it just okay because a man supposedly can take a punch?

Even though we know a simple punch can kill someone too, it happened already

Again i understand why anyone would be tempted to punch annoying little shits like that, and sometime it happens despite all the selfcontrol you have...
What i don't like is how many people are chearing on the move like it should always be done in these situations

What is it that you folks don't understand?!?! These were two grown ass men, one of which was drunk. This wasnt a child or a small woman doing this to tyson. This was a grown ass man and lets not gloss over the racial dynamic either.

Stop comparing apples and oranges here. The amount of folks who think people should just accept being harassed is SHOCKING.

And btw, since you want to switch out this man with a woman, then so will I. Imagine Mike Tyson was a younger female being harrassed by a drunken man. She should just take it and not punch the dude in the face?

As a father of two, one being a daughter, you BET YOUR ASS I am raising my daughter to not start shit but she BETTER defend herself even if that means physically. The folks here who are condemning the use of physical response when being harrassed or having something thrown at them is disgusting.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
what if the drunk guy was donkey kong and mike tyson was samus with final smash? What then, hmmhmm?

These threads as a black person are incredibly frustrating because as Roy pointed out, way too many people choose to handwave.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017

Preach

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get wanting to avoid getting into fights. But it's a real sheltered take to think that it's so out of the ordinary for people to get mad and even violent if you harass them. It'd be different if this was like a child or an elderly person, but if it's just some ordinary adult man messing with you. Like yeah he should've known better.

Edit: I also don't know why the race of the belligerent drunk guy matters? A lot of comments seem to be focusing on that like it means something in this case?

Last edited:

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
"What if?" strawmans are the worst.

Stick to what actually happened.

If we get a woman getting struck by a man, then we can discuss that when it happens.

Last edited:

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
I get wanting to avoid getting into fights. But it's a real sheltered take to think that it's so out of the ordinary for people to get mad and even violent if you harass them. It'd be different if this was like a child or an elderly person, but if it's just some ordinary adult man messing with you. Like yeah he should've known better.

Edit: I also don't know why the race of the belligerent drunk guy matters? A lot of comments seem to be focusing on that like it means something in this case?

We literally have posters who are black explaining the racial dynamics...how about you read their posts...

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017

You can disagree. But don't act like you can't even understand why it would matter to other Black people.

Don't do it.

Stygian

Banned
Dec 11, 2021
The guy was being an asshole, no doubt, and definitely crossed a line by throwing a water bottle. Tyson should have reported it to the flight crew and had him kicked off instead.
If I were in his shoes, it would have been way more satisfying to see him removed from the flight.
I understand his reaction, I just think he should have handled it differently.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
The responses in this thread just confirm that many of the same folks who condemn our criminal justice system for attaching scarlet letters to ex-felons for life regardless of serving their time are also perfectly fine with never letting certain people have a clean slate even after changing their life for the better.

Was thinking this exact same thing. I probably shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017

talk shit get hit idk not exactly high science

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
Don't fuck with people in general, but also don't fuck with people who can obviously kick your ass who are warning you that you're about to get your ass kicked.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
What is it that you folks don't understand?!?! These were two grown ass men, one of which was drunk. This wasnt a child or a small woman doing this to tyson. This was a grown ass man and lets not gloss over the racial dynamic either.

Stop comparing apples and oranges here. The amount of folks who think people should just accept being harassed is SHOCKING.

And btw, since you want to switch out this man with a woman, then so will I. Imagine Mike Tyson was a younger female being harrassed by a drunken man. She should just take it and not punch the dude in the face?

As a father of two, one being a daughter, you BET YOUR ASS I am raising my daughter to not start shit but she BETTER defend herself even if that means physically. The folks here who are condemning the use of physical response when being harrassed or having something thrown at them is disgusting.

Sorry if not liking violence unless it's absolutely necessary is disgusting... i even clearly said sometime you have to use it! If someone throws a water bottle at me, i'm still far away, i'm not in danger, i don't go to their face where i could be in even more danger to punch them, i certainyl wouldn't recommend a woman to do that, it's a terrible idea... I'm not saying they should just take it, but there's other ways in that situations, like calling the plane crew and throwing that shit out of the plane! Doing that isn't taking it, it's taking action against it too

And if you read my post, i don't blame tyson or people wanting to punch little shits like that, i don't defend this harasser at any point, sometime you lose self-control and it's fine, everyone has different circumstances and limit!! UNderstanding it doesn't mean agreeing with it, it doesn't have to be one or the other

All i'm saying is i don't like when these kind of response are celebrated like it should always be the default reaction... That encourage it as being the norm and anyone could then do it for any reasons

Like i'm sure everyone would be angry (and for good reason, i would be too) if a GOP politician suddenly started punching a guy that came up in his face to shit on his terribles policies and annoy him while he's just outside doing private stuff! I'm even sure people would call him a baby for reponding with violence to having a water bottle thrown at him..

You know like how they throw water bottles at police during protest and that's good enough reason for them to beat the shit out of you, which is obviously terrible and nobody in their right mind would defend that

Yes seeing tyson punch this littlte shit is satisfying, it's funny, i get that, truly! Doesn't mean i want to celebrate it and support it. I've been subject to bullying as a kid and that's the main reason i don't like violence.. I rather avoid it at all cost! If that makes me digusting then i don't know what to say

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if not liking violence unless it's absolutely necessary is disgusting... i even clearly said sometime you have to use it! If someone throws a water bottle at me, i'm still far away, i'm not in danger, i don't go to their face where i could be in even more danger to punch them, i certainyl wouldn't recommend a woman to do that, it's a terrible idea... I'm not saying they should just take it, but there's other ways in that situations, like calling the plane crew and throwing that shit out of the plane! Doing that isn't taking it, it's taking action against it too

And if you read my post, i don't blame tyson or people wanting to punch little shits like that, i don't defend this harasser at any point, sometime you lose self-control and it's fine, everyone has different circumstances and limit!! UNderstanding it doesn't mean agreeing with it, it doesn't have to be one or the other

All i'm saying is i don't like when these kind of response are celebrated like it should always be the default reaction... That encourage it as being the norm and anyone could then do it for any reasons

Like i'm sure everyone would be angry (and for good reason, i would be too) if a GOP politician suddenly started punching a guy that came up in his face to shit on his terribles policies and annoy him while he's just outside doing private stuff! I'm even sure people would call him a baby for reponding with violence to having a water bottle thrown at him..

You know like how they throw water bottles at police during protest and that's good enough reason for them to beat the shit out of you, which is obviously terrible and nobody in their right mind would defend that

Yes seeing tyson punch this littlte shit is satisfying, it's funny, i get that, truly! Doesn't mean i want to celebrate it and support it. I've been subject to bullying as a kid and that's the main reason i don't like violence.. I rather avoid it at all cost! If that makes me digusting then i don't know what to say

Violence against Black people is the norm. You even use examples of it in your post. That's how normalized this is. That even in your examples that are supposed to be "extreme" or whatever, are just my lived experience. A GOP senator doesn't have to go punch people. They're doing that through legislation and people like you would defend physical escalation of their fascist actions because you don't want to be confronted with that reality,

Too many of y'all think violence is only physical.

Last edited:

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

Most of the rhetoric condoning it makes me think I don't belong here.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

raa7oVH.gif

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018

These are very different situations. Would you be okay with someone punching a GOP politician because of his policies that actively inflict violence on marginalized communities?

You know like how they throw water bottles at police during protest and that's good enough reason for them to beat the shit out of you, which is obviously terrible and nobody in their right mind would defend that.

Even though state violence is completely different from other forms of violence, police will always claim to have reasons to beat the shit out of people.

I was subject to bullying and I was a bully. Sometimes the only way to stop a bully is to use violence. It sucks, it really does. I wish things could end without violence but that's not reality.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I've often thought about making a thread on how AAVE drives American Culture, World culture, entertainment, politics, all the way to the FGC - and how much of this world owes it's 'flavor' to AAVE.

I'm not sure this board would survive said thread

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I've often thought about making a thread on how AAVE drives American Culture, World culture, entertainment, politics, all the way to the FGC - and how much of this world owes it's 'flavor' to AAVE.

I am stressed and tired just reading this post, can't imagine the thread

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Not even worth it

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017

No joke - a friend of mine once said "bodied" is the funniest term created by the FGC.

I'm white as sour cream and even I was like "about that…".

On-topic: I can understand why people want to apply ideals across a broad spectrum, the issue comes from how this only serves to hand-wave away past transgressions and apply a "blank slate", as if there aren't still consequences at play from the former.

I had a coworker who wasn't sure why I was happy about a news story regarding South African land being redistributed from colonist families a few years back because "well THEY (i.e the latest generation) didn't commit any crimes against POC". Problem is they still reap the benefits of it, and the POC have to bear the consequences if changes are not made to help even it all out.

Last edited:

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017

I've got two days off.

Make the thread, and let some motherfuckas try it.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

One day we need to have a sociological discussion on what the state's monopoly on violence and leveraged christian propaganda by the powers that be has done to people and warped their worldview like here. Do you think anything would happen to the GOP politician in your example? Serious answer.

Because in my world:

www.theguardian.com

Republican candidate charged with assault after 'body-slamming' Guardian reporter

Audio of Greg Gianforte attacking Ben Jacobs corroborated by Fox News journalists in the room, who described candidate ‘slamming him to the ground’

Damn, dude's gonna get punished! Jailtime baby! A fucking international reporter, his fucking career is over! Done! Disgrace! Won't even be able to get a regular job with that kind of egregious unprovoked act.

www.vox.com

Greg Gianforte flips Montana governorship to Republicans

Gianforte, currently Montana’s lone US House member, defeated Lt. Gov. Mike Cooney.

It's depressing to be on site that would watch me get harrased and murdered but keep it moving because "civility". Many of you think you're making the moral choice, but you're not. Its actually the evil one. Privileged as a motherfucker.

Last edited:

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Do it. I want to see more posters expose themselves

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm designing a composition class centering Black English. Would love to see this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

this is my favorite post of yours in quite some time, and I have many favorites over quite an expanse of time.

👍🏾

SystemBug

Oct 25, 2017
I remember some of the responses like this being fairly common on Reddit when I used to use it around 2010-2012. Just this major objection to any type of physical response to harassment.

Which makes sense since Reddit was extremely white and sheltered audience at the time (maybe still is? I haven't used it in years). It was fairly anti-black too when situations like this would prop up. Some white prick would hurl insults at a black person, often using racial insults but if the black person responds with a fist. Well Reddit would always defend the antagonizer.