• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 14, 2021
no-ticket-indiana-jones.gif

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
Some lessons are best learned with a knock in the head. I have no sympathy for assholes who get smacked up a bit for their behavior. He'll be fine, and hopefully will know better next time.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Mike Tyson sucks but this dude was a dummy.

Also, fun fact: when I was in high school I lived a few mins down the road from Tyson in Potomac, MD. One night I was driving home, passed by a house which seemed to be on fire and there were a few fancy cars parked on the road moved away from the house. I only found out the next day it was his house and his cars. He actually wasn't there but his family was: https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/b....html?msclkid=3f7a7f60c1d711ecbc25b7964647d66

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have always believed in talk shit get hit. Internet has given so many believe comfort that they can say whatever without any consequences. Well reality... hits different.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I remember seeing Mike Tyson in person when I was doing red carpet interviews at the VGA's one year, and, aside from my first thought being "Dude's head is huge! Like, bigger than my torso huge!" My next thought was, "Yeah, I'm not gonna fuck with that dude." He was also with 50 Cent that night, so it was like a Bonus NOPE from me.

I don't think it's cool to punch people, but I absolutely understand how, when pushed to whatever your internal breaking point is, you could react that way. Reminds me of an incident back when I was a sophomore in high school, and this one guy who had bullied me all through Freshman year thought he could pull some shit in English class while the teacher was giving their lecture, so I got up from my desk, put him in a choke hold, and forced him to apologize. The teacher paused his lecture, looked at me and him for a few seconds, then resumed his lecture. XD XD

Keep in mind, when I was 15, I was, like, 4'5" (I'm a short dude), and this bully was at least 3 heads higher than me. Despite the bully saying he was going to kick my ass after school that day, he literally never talked to me or bullied me again, and if we'd make eye contact in the halls, he'd just nod at me, and I'd nod back.

I'm not saying violence is the answer, but, in the real world, some people literally do not respond to anything but when they think they can get away with it over and over, and over again.

I just don't understand why you'd want to antagonize Mike Tyson of all people. He's a trained fighter, has a known history of popping off, and regardless of age, his fists are not something I want to be in spitting distance of, in any situation.

For fun, here's the photo I took at the VGA's that year:

Looking at that picture, I now realize I was way, waaaay to close to them fists... The hell was I thinking?!

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
I remember being in the Heathrow business class departure lounge and seeing frank bruno with his entourage, this was shortly after the media coverage about him and his wife. Did I approach him? He'll no, leave people be. This guy found out the hard way, hope your 15 mins of fame was worth it.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Odd how Tyson is getting more sympathy than Will Smith.

A few things here. Let's begin with: some of the same people defending Tyson in this thread also defended Will Smith. But also:

They're not the same fucking situation. Will Smith was at a public function at a place where people regularly get roasted! Bro decided to say fuck the function and walked up and slapped the taste out of a dude's mouth. A dude who gets paid to tell jokes for a living. Tyson was legit minding his own business at a private place where he has a reasonable expectation of not even being spoken to to be honest, and some dude kept fucking with him until he couldn't take it anymore. Not a dude who gets paid to tell jokes, just some drunk dipshit. And between the two, you're more okay with Will getting violent??? Fuck outta here, that doesn't make any kind of sense. I can see someone being okay with both, but if it was just one I'm picking this.

Huncho

Jun 10, 2020
You realise how much of an a**hole you need to be to get Mike Tyson angry nowadays ?

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I've never bought into the rejuvenated image that Tyson seems to have, but it's apparent here. At the same time, how about not be a total fucking dick bag and annoy the shit out of people because you know they're filming you on their phones.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Some need to be reminded talk shit, you get punched in the mouth. Folks are too comfy nowadays, respect others boundaries.. if not there's consequences.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I am not sorry for a rapist getting annoyed. Everyone should do that with him.

Maybe I am evil for that but yeah.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Why can't people just not harass people on a fucking plane of all places?
Exactly. I don't care if you are sitting behind Mike Tyson or Tike Myson, don't be an obnoxious asshole harassing people on planes.

Flying is already a stressful situation for a lot of people, without having to worry about some drunkard dickhead from the seat behind who won't leave you alone

XNihili

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Justice has to be fair.
You get in trouble for punching an annoying neo nazi spouting bullshit hate propaganda, then you have to get in trouble for punching a douchebag vocally harassing you or smacking a comedian mocking your family.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing Mike Tyson in person when I was doing red carpet interviews at the VGA's one year, and, aside from my first thought being "Dude's head is huge! Like, bigger than my torso huge!" My next thought was, "Yeah, I'm not gonna fuck with that dude." He was also with 50 Cent that night, so it was like a Bonus NOPE from me.

I don't think it's cool to punch people, but I absolutely understand how, when pushed to whatever your internal breaking point is, you could react that way. Reminds me of an incident back when I was a sophomore in high school, and this one guy who had bullied me all through Freshman year thought he could pull some shit in English class while the teacher was giving their lecture, so I got up from my desk, put him in a choke hold, and forced him to apologize. The teacher paused his lecture, looked at me and him for a few seconds, then resumed his lecture. XD XD

Keep in mind, when I was 15, I was, like, 4'5" (I'm a short dude), and this bully was at least 3 heads higher than me. Despite the bully saying he was going to kick my ass after school that day, he literally never talked to me or bullied me again, and if we'd make eye contact in the halls, he'd just nod at me, and I'd nod back.

I'm not saying violence is the answer, but, in the real world, some people literally do not respond to anything but when they think they can get away with it over and over, and over again.

I just don't understand why you'd want to antagonize Mike Tyson of all people. He's a trained fighter, has a known history of popping off, and regardless of age, his fists are not something I want to be in spitting distance of, in any situation.

For fun, here's the photo I took at the VGA's that year:

Looking at that picture, I now realize I was way, waaaay to close to them fists... The hell was I thinking?!
Cool story man!!!

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
YOU can go do that with him just like the person in the video
I personally enjoy feeling my face

Then go do it big guy 😂

Okay bold internet guy then go ahead and do it to set an example

You somehow managed to make me agree with your post and also wanting to see you trying to harass mike tyson

I didnt say I would go towards someone stronger than me. I said he deserves to be harrassed and gets no empathy from me.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
I am not sorry for a rapist getting annoyed. Everyone should do that with him.

Maybe I am evil for that but yeah.

Not evil, just a shitty opinion. Good to know you don't believe people can change and that even once they do their time and change, you still think they deserve to be disrespected.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people need to get hit. A white dude being belligerent in front of a black man just trying to get somewhere is one of those people.

Imagine if white people just upped and slapped their racist uncles, aunts, grammas, and grandpas when they started being racist instead of excusing their shitty opinions because they're family and "that's just how they are."

Imagine.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Some people need to get hit. A white dude being belligerent in front of a black man just trying to get somewhere is one of those people.

Imagine if white people just upped and slapped their racist uncles, aunts, grammas, and grandpas when they started being racist instead of excusing their shitty opinions because they're family and "that's just how they are."

Imagine.

"Oh….that's different"

Feb 9, 2018
A person annoying someone else is not sufficient grounds for the latter to engage in violent retaliation. There were obvious non-violent solutions to the situation, yet Tyson decided the best course of action was to take matters into his own hands and engage in assault and battery, which, last I checked, is still a crime. Violence is only acceptable when it's in defending oneself or others from violence. "Talk shit, get hit" is something hot-headed teenagers believe in, but should not be considered an acceptable philosophy among adults.

EDIT: I was made aware that the guy Tyson punched was accused of getting physical with Tyson first (throwing a water bottle, etc.), in which case Tyson would be justified in retaliating physically. I still stand by my belief that "talk shit, get hit" is not an acceptable philosophy, though, and that violence is only justified when used in self-defense.

Last edited:

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A person annoying someone else is not sufficient grounds for the latter to engage in violent retaliation. There were obvious non-violent solutions to the situation, yet Tyson decided the best course of action was to take matters into his own hands and engage in assault and battery, which, last I checked, is still a crime. Violence is only acceptable when it's in defending oneself or others from violence. "Talk shit, get hit" is something hot-headed teenagers believe in, but should not be considered an acceptable philosophy among adults.

Shouldn't be acceptable for adults to invade the personal space of anybody, especially after they've been asked not to.

We have different definitions of what violence is. You don't know what somebody's been through, what's going through their mind, what stresses they're dealing with, so maybe just leave people alone or accept the risks that come with being a belligerent, drunken asshole.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait we have copypasta's on ERA now?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Oh no. Don't agree with that at all.

There are definitely situations where I am likely to slap the shit out of somebody.

For starters, call me the n-word. Go 'head.

Again, y'all love to erase context.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no. Don't agree with that at all.

There are definitely situations where I am likely to slap the shit out of somebody.

For starters, call me the n-word. Go 'head.

Again, y'all love to erase context.
Yep. Folks want to pretend like words aren't violent or lead to violence when it is quite common in actuality.
And that still ignores the detail that he threw an object at Tyson

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
He's broke ain't he? Like Don King stole all his money or some shit.
He was heavily in debt as of a few years ago. He is paying it off through his cannabis investments.

Wait we have copypasta's on ERA now?
Bobo Putin just shot himself in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Mike Tyson (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Russia where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in an airplane, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is defenestration.
What this means is Mike Tyson, after being goaded, is not going to want to sit in his airline seat for either aisle, nor will he participate any of Bobo Putin's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Bobo Putin has alienated an entire social media network with this move.
Bobo Putin, publicly apologize to Mike Tyson or you can kiss your wolf tickets goodbye.

Oct 25, 2017
Rehabilitation and reintegration for people as big as Mike Tyson needs to come with a caveat of no longer being celebrated and at the same level of fame as before the crime. They can work their way back up in some new career, but they shouldn't be given guest spots and whole new TV shows, whilst earning money directly related to all of that.

The woman he raped has to live with what happened her entire life. Mike Tyson's life has pretty much returned back to normal with his celebrity status. That's what is so galling to us.
He quit professional boxing, got mental health help, served his time in jail, and kept his nose clean ever since, what more does he have to do

Silav101

Oct 26, 2017
Talk shit, get hit" is something hot-headed teenagers believe in, but should not be considered an acceptable philosophy among adults.
What is this ivory tower, perfect platonic ideal world hoo-hah? You think words should never lead to consequences that might include getting smacked in the face? This is not how the real world works. There are consequences to being an asshole, as there should be. If you talk shit, and get hit, at least you get a lesson in not talking shit.

Full disclosure: The only reason I don't smack the everloving shit out of assholes I hear talking about my kids being half-bloods, or why is my white chick wife slumming with a indo (which I am not even, holy fuck, I'm racially chinese!) like me, is because smacking the disrespect and douchebaggery out of people risks me going to jail. I've come really close to that line more than once.