• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
While I imagine many posters consider themselves progressive and supportive of prison reforms and rehabilitaton/reintegration for felons, sometimes people might as well just lobby for the death penalty at some point looking at how they respond in threads like this one.

Yes, Mike Tyson has done horrible shit in the past, I am under the assumption he has been trying to refocus his attitude and energy, especially after his daughter died.
Yep, been noticing this as well. Served his time has been outta trouble for the most part since that incident.
Yet it always gets brought up. Like we just saw Tyson talk a dude down that pulled a gun on him and ended up hugging him.

Are people in this thread implying that the lack of physical attack precludes a person from getting punched in the face? That words alone don't warrant a physical response?
It would seem so. And I'll never agree with that.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
edit Eh never mind. This post was probably just dumb garbage.

CAN WE STOP COMPARING BLACK PEOPLE TO ANIMALS PLEASE.

LIKE GODDAMN

FUCK
I realized this before posting, but then decided to post it anyway for some unjustifiable reason. I sometimes develop bad judgment when I'm tired.
Had the feeling right afterwards though that perhaps I'm being a stupid asshole and edited it all out.

Ahem.

Thank you, kindly.

❤️
Entirely my bad. I should know better. No need to feel bad for calling out this bullshit. I apologize for causing you a bunch of undue stress.

Last edited:

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
CAN WE STOP COMPARING BLACK PEOPLE TO ANIMALS PLEASE.

LIKE GODDAMN

FUCK

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Why are we so OK with verbal harrassment and violence?

Seriously. We live in a world where we see, damn near weekly, the verbal harrassment Black people, and especially famous Black people are subjected to at the mouths of dumbass white people.

We've seen the videos of the slurs being hurled at Black soccer players on the field. We've seen the videos of the heinous shit these coors lite guzzling fucks say and do to Black NBA players as they're entering the court. Black people everywhere, but especially Black people of any amount of fame, are forced to take this shit from y'alls white asses, and y'all really think that doesn't take a toll.

Like, so many people in this thread are honestly asking, "why did he dare mess with Mike Tyson!?" and I wanna pull my hair out because the answer is so obvious. It's BECAUSE he's Mike Tyson!

He's the famous nigga that's supposed to tap dance for your ass on command; and it's likely why this back-water, po-dunk, mush-mouth, dirty draws, white-film-on-the-tongue likely racist pos thought he had clearance to fuck with him.

Y'all love erasing context from shit.
With the new information that the guy threw a water bottle at him, he absolutely deserved to get his ass beat. I just personally don't agree with responding to verbal annoyance with physical violence unless it crosses a line. Throwing a water bottle definitely warrants hands thrown back.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, so I'm not the biggest fan of Mike Tyson but I don't see where he did anything wrong here.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Considering how Tyson behaved recently, this guy must have done something really wrong to piss him off this much.

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017
With the new information that the guy threw a water bottle at him, he absolutely deserved to get his ass beat. I just personally don't agree with responding to verbal annoyance with physical violence unless it crosses a line. Throwing a water bottle definitely warrants hands thrown back.
I'm legitamely non sarcasticlly curious why a plastic, lightweight, life giving water bottle makes its reasonable. It's weird ya know. Words have power. It's just such a slippery slope in my head.

In my head, Is like planning an assassination ok until the bullet leaves the chamber. Or was it the initial verbal contract. I'm trying to find the consistency. How is that thinking applied elsewhere.

Obviously an extreme but I'm interested in ways people see the world.

Samenamenick

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Manchester, NH
Question?

Are people in this thread implying that the lack of physical attack precludes a person from getting punched in the face? That words alone don't warrant a physical response?
Considering that not reacting with physical violence is generally the case in probably 99.9% of situations like that in modern society, yes. I'm not saying it was or wasn't deserved, but to imply it's not the defacto standard, is kinda silly. When is the last time you saw someone talk shit? Probably not too long ago? How about seeing someone be physically assaulted?

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
While I imagine many posters consider themselves progressive and supportive of prison reforms and rehabilitaton/reintegration for felons, sometimes people might as well just lobby for the death penalty at some point looking at how they respond in threads like this one.

Yes, Mike Tyson has done horrible shit in the past, I am under the assumption he has been trying to refocus his attitude and energy, especially after his daughter died.

Rehabilitation and reintegration for people as big as Mike Tyson needs to come with a caveat of no longer being celebrated and at the same level of fame as before the crime. They can work their way back up in some new career, but they shouldn't be given guest spots and whole new TV shows, whilst earning money directly related to all of that.

The woman he raped has to live with what happened her entire life. Mike Tyson's life has pretty much returned back to normal with his celebrity status. That's what is so galling to us.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
a6Erj0m_700b.jpg

I know I wouldn't mess with Mike.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Considering that not reacting with physical violence is generally the case in probably 99.9% of situations like that in modern society, yes. I'm not saying it was or wasn't deserved, but to imply it's not the defacto standard, is kinda silly. When is the last time you saw someone talk shit? Probably not too long ago? How about seeing someone be physically assaulted?

This isn't 99% of the level of harassment though, usually someone says some shit you say 'Fuck You Asshole' and like walk/drive away; this was a situation with a captive audience.

I live in a gentrified neighborhood but also around a sports arena and honestly fights aren't too uncommon. Its not a bloodsport where dudes are choking each other out (because, fighting is tough if you're in shape so its usually a tussle with friends/strangers breaking it up and the people usually drunk).

Last time people brought up privilege regarding a similar verbal into physical altercation and people clutched pearls at it being an issue of class/environment but I will say that there's absolutely some assumptions here that people make as if universal; I would imagine someone who lives in NYC would have a drastically difference answer as opposed to someone who lives in Naperville along with experiences where interactions with strangers can take very different turns.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017

I'm not saying it's the standard response at all. What I'm saying is words matter. Lets take the take the highlighted section. People talk shit all the time and to be honest the amount of time that results in a fight is far more often than I guess you are aware of. How many fights break out at ball games between drunken fans, or bars on a college campus or Golden Corral? Rap battles? Subway stops waiting for a long delayed train? Words and especially disrespectful words leads to fights. Unless I've missed your point.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Done and done. You don't go messing with a freaking heavyweight champion boxer and expect to walk away just fine.

Word. Some of y'all mofos sounding like that kid in school who treated you like shit and stuck their finger in your face and when you tell them to stop and chill out they reply with:

"But I'm not touching you!!"

Welcome to the real world. Sometimes just shut the fuck up and go about yours.

You see it in a lot of these threads. Some people really grew up differently and I don't think they're better for it.

Sheltered like shit and it's disgusting.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Seriously.

Because it takes some fucking nerve to see this story, and have more words and priority for the Black guy who threw a punch.

And not the drunk and belligerent white dude who saw a Black man minding his own damn business and said to himself, "A nigga? At PEACE!? Can't have that!"

Y'all aren't slick.

Last edited:

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
That kid got what he deserved, and should thank his lucky stars he was able to walk out of there instead of being carried out.

Samenamenick

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Manchester, NH
I'm not saying it's the standard response at all. What I'm saying is words matter. Lets take the take the highlighted section. People talk shit all the time and to be honest the amount of time that results in a fight is far more often than I guess you are aware of. How many fights break out at ball games between drunken fans, or bars on a college campus or Golden Corral? Rap battles? Subway stops waiting for a long delayed train? Words and especially disrespectful words leads to fights. Unless I've missed your point.
I suppose my point was that Mike's reaction in this case is very uncommon overall. Of course it happens, but not anywhere near the frequency that I would expect someone to comment along the lines of stating 'words alone don't warrant a physical response??' as if it's a surprise because, well, the vast majority of the time, things don't turn out that way in practice. Apologies if I misunderstood your post I initially quoted, and that wasn't your intention.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Seriously.

Because it takes some fucking nerve to see this story, and have more words and priority for the Black guy who threw a punch.

And not the drunk and bigerent white dude who saw a Black man minding his own damn business and said to himself, "A nigga? At PEACE!? Can't have that!"

Y'all aren't slick.
Yeah I don't understand the push in the last year or so that some people seem to be making when it comes to celebrities and people harassing them. I swear that it feels like people just have a different set of standards for celebrities and especially celebrities that are minorities.

The fact that Tyson decided to take a selfie with the guy in the first place shows that he was trying to play nice despite the fact the guy who was clearly not in great shape mentally. The man's on a flight at 10:30 at night and he's probably just trying to get to where he's needing to go. Probably tired on top of that. He isn't exactly young anymore. So despite that fact and despite the fact that the dude is clearly drunk Tyson tries to be nice with the guy at first. Though many people seem to be blowing right past that fact and immediately focusing on Tyson's response to the prolonged harassment rather than the harassment itself or Tyson's patience with the man before that.

I don't understand why some people seem to believe that celebrities should have infinite Saint-like patience when it comes to being harassed publicly. They are human beings just like everyone else and they have their breaking points just like everyone else.

Oct 28, 2017
I suppose my point was that Mike's reaction in this case is very uncommon overall. Of course it happens, but not anywhere near the frequency that I would expect someone to comment along the lines of stating 'words alone don't warrant a physical response??' as if it's a surprise because, well, the vast majority of the time, things don't turn out that way in practice. Apologies if I misunderstood your post I initially quoted, and that wasn't your intention.

No worries. We're all just talking through it.

The majority of times it goes without a physical response (and it doesn't need one) but 2 things. I wasn't on the plane and I don't know exactly what the guy said to Tyson that set him off. Secondly, I know how I have personally responded to drunken white guys who think its ok to say whatever just because they feel privileged or go to an ivy league college (Looking at you University of Pennsylvania) and I'm not a tough guy at all but all be damned if folks think they can just whatever foul shit from their mouths and not get a receipt. Is there a whole video of the incident or just a clip?

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Odd that you're comparing the two.

Not really both I feel are scenarios where violence was used against words. I mean I still believe will Smith was in the right. Convicted Rapist Mike Tyson I don't know...maybe he should have asked the flight attendant first to diffuse the situation. Or stopped after first punch

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not really both I feel are scenarios where violence was used against words. I mean I still believe will Smith was in the right. Convicted Rapist Mike Tyson I don't know...maybe he should have asked the flight attendant first to diffuse the situation. Or stopped after first punch

Just because its words, doesn't negate physical retaliation. Whats the flight attendant going to do, make the guy less drunk and obnoxious, baby sit him the entire flight....sometimes, people just need to be reminded that words have consequences.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017

Why are you doing this? Why are you using situations from Tyson's past to imply he is deserving of extra guilt here?

We live in a complex world of multiple truths:

-Tyson's previous allegations and what he served time for are heinous and stand on their own.

-It is disgusting on your part to apply those allegations for which Tyson served time in a situation where not only are they unrelated, but used to denigrate a scenerio not only faced by Mike Tyson, but by many Black men not guilty of Tyson's crimes throughout history.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why are you doing this? Why are you using situations from Tyson's past to imply he is deserving of extra guilt here?

We live in a complex world of multiple truths:

-Tyson's previous allegations and what he served time for are heinous and stand on their own.

-It is disgusting on your part to apply those allegations for which Tyson served time in a situation where not only are they unrelated, but used to denigrate a scenerio not only faced by Mike Tyson, but by many Black men not guilty of Tyson's crimes throughout history.

This was not my intention.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really? The only reason I compared the 20 isp because I feel it's Unfair will smith gets killed for a slap while Mike Tyson punches a douchebag Drunk but gets a lot more sympathy.
sigh

Will was in the front row of an awards show where hosts routinely talk about and make jokes directed at the attendees

Mike Tyson was minding his own damn business on a plane

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Really? The only reason I compared the 20 isp because I feel it's Unfair will smith gets killed for a slap while Mike Tyson punches a douchebag Drunk but gets a lot more sympathy.
There aren't as many misogynistic D-bags who hate Mike Tyson as they do Will Smith. Chris Rock made a "joke". Jada was involved. People have feelings about their relationship. There were many layers to the Will Smith incident.

There is much less of that here with Tyson. People can see that Tyson was just being harassed by a drunken moron. It's much more understandable and simple to breakdown. It's not complicated.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017

I swear to beelzebub, some of you have your head so up in your ass that you have this fucking god complex.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Tyson probably would've went to prison for something but he would've never been convicted of rape in Indiana if he had competent representation instead of Don King's "tax guy" as his lawyer who had no experience or business with that type of case.

As for this guy, he should've been removed from the plane before it came to this, this is on the flight crew not handling a drunk, disruptive passenger harassing another. Judging from the picture he got off light because regardless of how old Tyson is power is usually the last thing to go, Mike clearly pulled the punches he threw.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
People get way too up in arms over someone being punched for being a fucking annoying shit. Always sounds like some sheltered ass responses to me.
Talk shit, get hit ezpz
Mike Tyson's past is irrelevant here, if you harass the wrong person like that, you deserve that punch