• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
When my dad and his husband drive back up from Florida in a week and a half, I'll be pretty much sequestering myself to the upstairs floor where I'm currently living. I work in grocery and I'm afraid of getting them sick since they are elderly.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
We can't go out to a park since all of them closed in our state in Mexico. Since I don't drive and both me and my GF like to walk, we're going grocery shopping on foot later today into a small store that hasn't been raided by the toilet paper assholes. It's a 20 minute walk one way and back, so we'll keep our spirits high that way, I suppose.

I swear to God if Texas closes the parks I'll lose it. Hiking and backpacking are my plan to stay sane

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
For a few months, had been researching apartments and whatnot (I'm 27, currently living with parents, recently had started a job in Manhattan). But now I have never been more glad that I was still living at home. Can't fathom how scary and tough this current and increasing lockdown would be if I was living on my own

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend has a cold and it's horrible. She keeps insisting that it's not the coronavirus, but all I can see in my mind is some asshole from a zombie movie insisting they haven't been bitten.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For a few months, had been researching apartments and whatnot (I'm 27, currently living with parents, recently had started a job in Manhattan). But now I have never been more glad that I was still living at home. Can't fathom how scary and tough this current and increasing lockdown would be if I was living on my own
I'm on the flip side. I've lived alone since I was basically 18, but currently live with a SO. Often think of how nice it'd be to just be locked in alone right now.

Nov 2, 2017
It's pretty rough right now, we're 2 PhD students in Germany now crammed into a little one room studio working full-time from home all day with only one desk between us and the only other furniture our bed. We're supposed to move into a new and much larger apartment in 10 days, I'm hoping that any new lockdown restrictions between now and then won't prevent that.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I've never really understood this. I married someone I love...why would we try to kill each other just because we can't leave the house much?

I mean she wants to be able to socialize with her coworkers, but that isn't my fault and she knows that.
Some people just don't get to marry who they love

Hence they end up settling with trying to murder each other in increasingly hilarious ways

Last edited:

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
My coworkers and I socialize via group text messages, facebook groups, and discord... as well as on official office communication methods.

I joke with my husband that now he gets to be with me TWENTY FOUR HOURS A DAY, just like I always wanted. He keeps pantomiming hanging himself. I'm not sure why.

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
My week is Tuesday to Saturday, Monday they sent an email to wfh. So I came to work and was promptly told to leave. Grabbed the stuff I needed. Drive the half hour trip back home. Killed a man and ate his hands. And then worked from home whole blasting music. It's no do bad. I wish I had a better desk,but too late for that now. My spouse works as an optometrist and is freaked the fuck out.

Aesthetic

Nov 6, 2017
Texas, USA
im in a position that no matter how much we try or do, we'll be doomed by my wifes sister who lives with us.

she refuses to stop bringing over her friends, new boyfriend, or even going out just for the fun. shes already said "i lived a good life" and refuses to see the bigger picture. her mother lives with us which is at risk. id go as far to say i could possibly be at risk too with asthma.

its much more stressful than it needs to be because she won't listen to anyone, oh and her grandma is 80+ who lives right next door too.

im at a mental loss tbh. I've been keeping up since January and try to keep myself educated as much as possible. both for my safety and our families and friends. i also love science and medical stuff, so its my own natural curiosity that keeps me tied. but again it sucks because we feel powerless when someone wont listen at all.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Ugh, not only is my aunt finding the fact they are closing down various businesses stupid (she came back from a trip to the ocean and was PISSED they didn't give her continental breakfast at the hotel), but my mom and her want to go waterfalling this weekend. Like it's outside and there probably won't be many people, but we seriously need to take this whole thing seriousally, especially since both are in the age range to be concerned about and have type 2 diabetes.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My week is Tuesday to Saturday, Monday they sent an email to wfh. So I came to work and was promptly told to leave. Grabbed the stuff I needed. Drive the half hour trip back home. Killed a man and ate his hands. And then worked from home whole blasting music. It's no do bad. I wish I had a better desk,but too late for that now. My spouse works as an optometrist and is freaked the fuck out.
I'm too high for this.

What about his feet.

Nov 2, 2017

Wow relatable

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
There's going to be a Corona baby boom, isn't there?
20 years from now we'll be complaining about the New Boomer generation.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
My BF and I have butted heads a ton already, haha. This is going to be a tough few weeks or months.

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
My girlfriend and I will both be home on Friday and possibly more after that if I work from home. Friday is a day off for me so I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna do while she's making phone calls for work. Probably gonna game.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
My wife is a nurse practitioner, so she'll still have to work. My brother in law is staying with us during this, because his university shut down and wanted everyone out of the dorms. He's pretty low key though; you barely even know he's there. We're considering getting him a beater car from Craigslist so he can run errands and not go insane staying in the house (we're in sort of a semi-rural area). I'd let him use mine, but he's not comfortable with a stick, and my wife doesn't want to drive one either.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I'm glad her work is still up and running, but we live for our time off together. She's my best friend and we can, have and love to hang out 24/7

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, its sucks for us. Two kids home from school (7 and 12). We both have to work to make ends meet and both are essential (ish) industries that haven't been shut down. (insurance agent and doctors office administrative assistant)- while that's good in terms of we likely won't losing jobs over this, we both very much are still working (with no remote work from home prospects) and we now have 2 very unruly kids that are hellions at times who are home need someone to watch them.

Thankfully, my father in law is close by and can watch them, but he hasn't been the most eager babysitter over the years and its not fair to really have him be this long term day in and day out care provider for this open ended period of time, but we have no other option here. This whole situation is so stressful, as my kids already are driving him nuts. Combine that with my wife's job is a literal hell on earth right now (front desk at a doctors office so you can imagine), and things are not pleasant right now.

mernst23

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Today is the first day we're both home since my job forces me to go in still.

She asked me to go buy her a computer chair for her office and gave me little to no guidance of what that meant. Needless to say, we're fighting right now.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
My SO and I both worked from home together when our schedules aligned prior to the pandemic, so it's business-as-usual for us. It also means we get to spend every day with our two cats. It's also incredibly nice to have each other during this time. Our apartment is just large enough to where each of us can retreat and do our own thing, distraction-free for hours at a time. Conversely ... a buddy of mine has no relationship, no pets, and an active social life / nightlife. I would much rather be in my situation than his.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
As more and more cities go in to lockdown people from all over the United States (and the world!) are self-distancing and isolating themselves from the public.

How are you handling it? Has your significant other tried to murder you yet? What are you doing to cure boredom?

I don't want to clutter the existing COVID-19 thread with this kind of talk. This is day 1 of both my wife and I working from home. We're going to start doing daily 5pm walks around the neighborhood to get some fresh air and get out of the house. We always cooked a lot so we've got a ton of recipes that we like cooking. It's been a little tricky finding the exact ingredients for our recipes though so we're getting a little creative. Our city has not gone into full shutdown mode yet but I think it's coming.

We are doing good so far, The SO is allowed to go to her school to work during the crisis. So that has really helped give her some normalcy.

She doesn't go in all the time mind you, but she does do it, so she can keep some sense of order.

The daughter continues to go to pre-school daycare. It is a small child care center, so we are hoping that weathers the storm, She continues to work on her puzzles and does ABC Mouse

The son is doing great, He is reading a ton and watching interesting content on youtube. The wife and him are going to start making fun/science youtube videos for his channel.

And me? Doing ok. Stellaris Federations just came out. We are just trying to keep a normal routine as much as we can. Its been sunny here, so there is that (we have a big back yard, so we can go back out and chill if need be)

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my wife got into it last night. Was up til 3am and I have to be up in the morning....

All better this morning but this quarantine is gonna suck hard, all the tensions are coming out.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been working from home for the last 5 years. My wife and I just had twin boys 2 months ago so we were already home taking care of them. So it doesn't really change much for us. My wife is on mat leave for 18 months ( 16 more to go) so we'll see how long this lasts, her job and industry are secure.

I only really left the house to goto the gym 5 - 6 times a week. But we have equipment at home so we're set really. Only leave the house for groceries and we're both introverts to begin with.

We were bringing the boys out to go to Costco and stuff, shopping, etc. But now they're at home full time.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
My wife started maternity leave this week (little one due very soon) and my job has now started full-time work from home this week as well. We enjoy spending lots of time together and it's obviously important now, but fortunately there's enough room in the house to spread out some.

Most of my days are busy with work, but she's been able to run limited errands and get some rest.

We've been eating meals together and talk when I take breaks. We go on walks around the neighborhood after I'm done with work and do what we've been doing anyway -- preparing/eating dinner and then watching shows, movies, browsing, (sometimes while I play games) in the media room together.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I've never really understood this. I married someone I love...why would we try to kill each other just because we can't leave the house much?

I mean she wants to be able to socialize with her coworkers, but that isn't my fault and she knows that.
How long have you been together?
I'd say it's pretty normal to get on each others nerves when you're in each others face. My partner and I love each other, but even after seven or eight years, we still get tired of each other. Stepping on each others toes or have ridiculous arguments about nothing because we're just plain tired of each other. It's pretty normal. Anybody can get sick of anybody.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
How long have you been together?
I'd say it's pretty normal to get on each others nerves when you're in each others face. My partner and I love each other, but even after seven or eight years, we still get tired of each other. Stepping on each others toes or have ridiculous arguments about nothing because we're just plain tired of each other. It's pretty normal. Anybody can get sick of anybody.
2 years married, 6 years living together, 8 years total.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Sad to say, but this has been a homebody's dream. Any time they give me grief about not going and doing something I can pull out " The governor says it is my patriotic duty to stay home.... Why do you hate America?"