• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Fun as hell game to play, I'd love to get an updated version on PC.

jgJonoR.gif

I say they're preparing us for the glorious return of UDO GOODNESS in Tales From Our Arse.

Oct 25, 2017
The combat of this game is so good that it just killed the series for me because every sequel is trash and didn't even try to be as good as Graces.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I never finished Graces so I wouldn't mind a remaster. It doesn't have the greatest story (this is an understatement btw) but I still enjoyed my time with it.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Graces F has the best combat in the series.
I'd be down for a remaster.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember much of Graces except its combat system is probably the best in the entire series. Music was pretty good too.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
I guess Bandai Namco will use the term "Definitive Edition" like with Vesperia to differentiate it from Graces f (and I'm pretty cool with that, adding letters to re-releases is silly). It would be cool to see this happening with Xillia, Berseria and especially Zestiria which is the entry that needs a re-work the most.

Both Symphonia and Vespria's re-release didn't get any rework done (except voice acting for the new scenes).
So what are you expecting?

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's one of the best Tales games, so it's worth a Remaster I suppose.

Battle System is godlike. (The Story and Characters...not so much.)

(Still hoping we get Tales of Destiny Remake in some capacity, but it's never gonna happen.)

I suppose it's unlikely they'd include a scene where Asbel dies horribly.

If only we could be so lucky...

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Holy smokes yes please for a remaster.

If they announce it , that is one more game I can take off my PS3 backlog lol.

Hoping for PS4/PC at least.

Zutter

Oct 19, 2018
This is one of my fav Tales games personally lol. I'm down for a remaster. Though I don't think it really needs one.

Oct 30, 2017
My favorite JRPG game in the last generation, extremely fun and well done battle system with good story and cast of characters <3

Hope it gets Remastered for all the current consoles and PC so as much people as possible can have the chance to try this.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I love this title and I would love a remaster! Its one of the Tales of titles that I've gone though both by myself and with a friend of mine and I loved it both times. When I played with my friend, we put the watermelon attachment on everyone's head and my brother would always be looking over at the screen being like "WTF game are you playing?"

A lot of the characters have some irksome qualities, but I really feel they come into their own over the journey. Some characters in particular go through a lot of interesting developments during the F arc.

As many people are saying, the combat system is something truly special.

As a fun note, this was one of the few Tales games, like Tales of Versperia, where we got an English version of the main theme.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Well, is not like those entries needed any serious re-work right?

If Symphonia from 2003 didn't get any re-work, I don't see why you magically expect 2015's Zestiria to get any.
They're not suddenly going to change the engine.
They're not suddenly going to change the flawed fusion system.
They're not suddenly going to change the story or the cast.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Asbel.

It's a good thing the combat is fantastic because everything else about the game pisses me off.

I'd probably still buy a remaster though. I own every Tales game released on PC so far so...

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
If Symphonia from 2003 didn't get any re-work, I don't see why you magically expect 2015's Zestiria to get any.
They're not suddenly going to change the engine.
They're not suddenly going to change the flawed fusion system.
They're not suddenly going to change the story or the cast.
Then there wouldn't be any reason to buy a Definitive Edition.

(Also, the cast was fine).

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Oh god, please give this to me on PS4 and/or switch. This has yet to be topped within the series and I'd love to take a wack at it again.

OP
OP
Soriku

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
The combat of this game is so good that it just killed the series for me because every sequel is trash and didn't even try to be as good as Graces.

I like Xillia 2's combat a lot. The ones after that don't quite match up though, hoping Arise changes that. At least as far as battle effects and battle visuals it looks like the best one yet which helps.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I like Xillia 2's combat a lot. The ones after that don't quite match up though, hoping Arise changes that. At least as far as battle effects and battle visuals it looks like the best one yet which helps.
Xillia's combat is super duper good, it and its equal deserve more attention in that regard. Ludger is one of the most fun characters to play as in Tales.

So many fun characters to play as in Graces too... Asbel and Hubert are just so much fun. I need to play as these precious boys in 4K on my PC, that would be amazing.

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
Graces is kinda decent but i can't see myself playing it again. I prefer a Xillia remaster.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Fuck Asbel.

It's a good thing the combat is fantastic because everything else about the game pisses me off.
This. Big fan of the Tales of series, but the only good thing I have to say about Graces is the combat. The characters are pretty weak for a Tales of title, and the story is quite bad. Malik is decent at most, and the rest of the cast is so terrible that Pascal is probably my "favorite" one after Malik.

At least Graces is not garbage tier like Xillia 2.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Graces huh
67B_QW.gif

Graces F was pretty fun
God, this game is so goofy. I love it.
Yup Xillia combat is fantastic. Shame Arise will be nothing like it.
I'm going to have to play them all back to back at some point, or at least spend a lot of time back to back with each of their combat systems, but Xillia might be the peak of the traditional Tales style combat.

I really think we should give Arise a chance though. Lasts time they reinvented the wheel with the Tales of combat system we got Graces, which was amazing. I'm interested in seeing another take on this system.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As a fun note, this was one of the few Tales games, like Tales of Versperia, where we got an English version of the main theme.

I forgot how beautifully melodramatic this opening is.

"Every step we take, our love will grow stronger. I wish that two hearts could be one~"

*Richard passes in slow motion as Asbel watches longingly*

Cheria who?

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Er, actually the last time they reinvented the wheel we got Zestiria.

So... yeah.
I was specifically talking about the combat in that quote, which Zestiria is definitely built upon Graces's systems, what with its forward/backwards+strafing movement system and combo trees.

Honestly though, while a lot of Zestiria's ideas failed in execution, like some of the dungeon puzzles like that one with all those eyes that would send you back to the start, I respect Zestiria for actually trying to be more ambitious with its gameplay.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I really think we should give Arise a chance though. Lasts time they reinvented the wheel with the Tales of combat system we got Graces, which was amazing. I'm interested in seeing another take on this system.

Oh yeah ofc I will give it a chance and by no means do I think Graces and co. have terrible combat just prefer the old style

Just don't make drawing weapons out of party members a gameplay thing where linking Alphen with other party members gives him different weapons so not using Alphen feels like you are missing out on half the combat system.

Also allow players to have a single character in combat already so all those solo runs don't have to kill the rest of the party lol

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
I have a lot of fond memories of Graces so I hope a port to current systems is in the works. I really liked the opening song.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Oh yeah ofc I will give it a chance and by no means do I think Graces and co. have terrible combat just prefer the old style

Just don't make drawing weapons out of party members a gameplay thing where linking Alphen with other party members gives him different weapons so not using Alphen feels like you are missing out on half the combat system.

Also allow players to have a single character in combat already so all those solo runs don't have to kill the rest of the party lol
Yeah, I think Xillia 2 and Zestiria kind of ran into this issue a bit. While Xillia Ludgers weapon switching and Chromatus made him a ton of fun it kind of belittle the rest of the cast, and with Zestiria you kind of felt like you had to play as Sorey or Rose because of Armatus (though for whatever reason I actually ended up doing the most character switching in Zestiria than other Tales games).

Nooo please skip that tripe and get to Abyss remaster
I think it makes more sense with the Graces anniversary and whatnot, but I would love an Abyss remaster. That would be a triple dip from me because I have the 3DS version too.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
What exactly is so offensively bad about the story and character of Graces to people? I thought the characters were great and the skits are amongst the best in the series.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all have been hating poor Graces for a decade now, why are you all asking for a remaster now?!