• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
News came out a week ago but I didn't see an update in the forum.

Originally was supposed to come out next month. No specific word if Tales Of Arise is delayed.

www.siliconera.com

Tales of Festival 2020 Delayed to March 6-7, 2021 - Siliconera

Tales of Festival 2020 was expected to take place next month but fans will now have to wait until March 2021 after a delay due to COVID-19.

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Likely Arise delay, I would say thats a bummer but I'm currently going through the entries I've missed and that'll last me a long damn time.

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
Tales of Festival aside, Arise has to be in development hell. No news since when, last year?

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
We've seen extremely little of arise. I'm expecting it to be a mid to late 2021 game

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just a note that Tales game development doesn't revolve around Tales of Festival. If Arise news was planned for June, they'll still get the news out.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Arise was already rated in Korea, so I assume the game is either done or pretty close. Hopefully we get news soon.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Expected. Hopefully we stull get a nice showing of the game.

Gameplay demo, showcase of the battle system, new party member reveal

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
At this rate I feel like Arise has to go cross-gen.

Arise looks next gen worthy already. Give me that watercolor in 4K!

vEFzS7q.gif

2811-tales-of-arise-screenshot-4-1561024555.jpg

1037693.jpg

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea why y'all are going on about an Arise delay. This is mostly a fan-orientated nostalgia event that has almost nothing to do with it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To be expected. I'm hoping for a trailer of Arise to happen during one of the online US events during the summer.

Arcana Wiz

Oct 26, 2017
What was the last thing we heard about Arise? I think it's getting delayed sadly.

It was the TGS trailer. This one is a unusual one.

Every Tales after announced we have to wait a bit to the marketing plan to begin, usually marked by the Tales Festival in June. Then they proceed to reveal more about the world and 1-2 characters at time in outlets such as Famitsu.

But this one I think is the biggest wait from the reveal to more details. And with the clear increased investments plus the pandemic maaaaybe it will be delayed? Dunno. Can be either way.

Last edited:

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Completely expected bad still sad to hear, I just hope we get some new Tales of Arise news soon as it feels like forever ago since we heard about it. It's my most anticipated game.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It was the E3 trailer. This one is a unusual one.

Every Tales after announced we have to wait a bit to the marketing plan to begin, usually marked by the Tales Festival in June. Then they proceed to reveal more about the world and 1-2 characters at time in outlets such as Famitsu.

But this one I think is the biggest wait from the reveal to more details. And with the clear increased investments plus the pandemic maaaaybe it will be delayed? Dunno. Can be either way.
Nah, we had a trailer at TGS too.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We haven't heard or seen anything of Tales of Arise for a long, long time. By now I assume it will be delayed to next year.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Well, Tales of Crestoria releases next month and they have been marketing that a bit. Maybe they didn't want Tales of Arise to eclipse that and it'll pick up afterwards.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
They haven't really made big announcements at the Tales Festival in years, usually just trailers and stuff and those can go up on Twitter or Youtube.

Whatever their marketing plan is for Arise at this point -- I'm guessing they had to go back to the drawing board because their original plan of showing up at different events and trade shows fell apart -- I doubt this will disrupt it much.

A ten month delay?

Isn't that just cancelling it until next year?

Pretty close to it, yeah. Normally they'd have the 2021 event 3-4 months after this, but it might be cancelled and "replaced" with the 2020 show until they get the schedule back to normal in 2022.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
At this rate I feel like Arise has to go cross-gen.
Lol Namco hasn't even released a Tales game exclusively for this generation yet. All the previous Tales games were made for PS3 and ported to PS4/PC. They aren't in a rush to jump on the next generation. They'll probably make the next Tales game after Arise for PS4 too (and port that one)

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
It's be great if they considered using
Lol Namco hasn't even released a Tales game exclusively for this generation yet. All the previous Tales games were made for PS3 and ported to PS4/PC. They aren't in a rush to jump on the next generation. They'll probably make the next Tales game after Arise for PS4 too (and port that one)
It'd be great if they considered using UE5 for the next Tales after Arise.

Last edited:

Roliq

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 23, 2018
What the point of delaying an annual event if the next date will be ten months later? At that point just cancel it and prepare for next year

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017