• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I'm expecting nothing but would like to be surprised.

I hope someone will write up a synopsis of the festivities. These have always been fun.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Expecting Arise to maybe show up at that rumoured Bamco Next event.... but pls, announce a destiny DC port/remaster or something here... tide us over

Last edited:

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
I've learned to expect nothing from the festivals, over and over again. But here I am, expecting something lol

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to assume nothing will get announced or shown in the console games department so that way I'm not heartbroken and sad if/when it happens.

Please give us some new Tales of Arise news, it's been 18 months since the last time we got new info/videos/screenshots at TGS 2019.

Also pls give Tales of Graces F and both Xillia games remasters to current platforms and make your PS1 games available to purchase, please, I'd dying to play Tales of Destiny/Eternia but they are impossible to afford on ebay prices I beg you.

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
We HAVE to get Arise news right? It's been forever. Unless it's being held for a console event.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
We HAVE to get Arise news right? It's been forever. Unless it's being held for a console event.

This isn't really a good place to present much if any info on a game that hasn't been shown in a while and has greater priorities/ambitions than the Japanese market. They might share some art or something but I wouldn't count on anything like a trailer or release date.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
What I expect:

New teaser trailer for Arise.
Updates for mobile games.
New Mobile game announcement.
Some sort of cross over brand deal be it merchandise or mobile game.
Maybe some voice actor role play skit banter.
Only a small mention of the anniversary.

And i think I'm being too generous with my expectations lol.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Hoping for a new Arise trailer that confirms a native xbox series version.

Also some tales of port hitting xbox would be nice, graces, xilia, wtv something.

Kroz

Jul 4, 2019
I expect no actual tales news...

These events are usual kind of disappointing.
I hope I'm wrong because we havent had any substantial new about the series in a while

datschge

Oct 25, 2017
At the current rate of reactions of Western Tales fans to Tales of Festival I'm surprised that Tales of Orchestra concerts don't get similar reactions yet, expecting game news and announcements even though they would be completely misplaced at such an event.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
At the current rate of reactions of Western Tales fans to Tales of Festival I'm surprised that Tales of Orchestra concerts don't get similar reactions yet, expecting game news and announcements even though they would be completely misplaced at such an event.

Atlus announced Persona 5R at a music event, it does happen

For Arise though it obviously just wasn't anywhere near as far into development as we thought when they introduced the characters

Last edited:

datschge

Oct 25, 2017
How is it a scam? How is it different than any kind of concert?
It's very expensive to hire those high profile voice actors/actresses
They'll also have live music. Seiyuus singing jpop theme music from Phantasia and Berseria on day 1, from Abyss and Vesperia on day 2, and Sakuraba plays with his band on both days.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Atlus announced Persona 5R at a music event, it does happen

For Arise though it obviously just wasn't anywhere near as far into development as we thought when they introduced the characters

Tales usually runs on a pretty tight schedule and the 2020 release target (a worldwide one, at that) was probably already a bit of a stretch that was highly dependent on specific marketing/development/production milestones being hit at particular times. I wouldn't be surprised if a mixture of COVID and the project being too ambitious to reach enough of their goals on time basically killed that whole plan.

I guess the lingering effect of the delay is that in the early 2010s they switched to a strategy of focusing on one console game (port or all-new) at a time. So with Arise announced it's likely the main focus now and if they're not sharing anything on that particular game, they're probably not sharing anything at all as far as console games. So the series in general feels like it went into hibernation if you aren't interested in (or in the case of many people outside of Asia, can't easily play) their mobile offerings.

Which reminds me: if Arise is another full-Sakuraba soundtrack I'm going to scream

I don't like him sorry

I only like his stuff from Baten Kaitos and some of Resonance of Fate's soundtrack and that's it

I kinda feel like it won't (just) be Sakuraba composing for Arise. With everything else they're doing I wouldn't be surprised if they brought in one of their other occasional Tales composers (Go Shiina or Eriko Sakurai in particular) to help vary up the sound a bit.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I think the soundtrack is someone new since they didn't want to mention it, although I'd be more than happy with Sakuraba, especially if they cut the bullshit with the direction they give him.

Iunno, I expect nothing from this event since Bamco might have that bigger stream coming up. Maybe they go 'expect something soon' or w/e.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
The second Arise trailer had what sounded like Sakuraba music to me. It would be nice if Go Shiina could compose a couple tracks though, like in Zestiria.

Iunno, I expect nothing from this event since Bamco might have that bigger stream coming up. Maybe they go 'expect something soon' or w/e.
I could see that. They said in December that development was in it's final stages, so it's not totally out of the question that we could see something new soon. Maybe a little tease at the festival and then more at the possible Bamco event. Did we ever get more info on Bandai Namco Next or was it just the trademark?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I expect nothing, so anything above that is good in my book.

I think the soundtrack is someone new since they didn't want to mention it, although I'd be more than happy with Sakuraba, especially if they cut the bullshit with the direction they give him.

This. Sakuraba isn't a bad composer, he's responsible for Dark Souls 1 for gods sake.. It's just they reign him in too much with Tales of music, especially as of late.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
So far the only news that's come out so far is mobile game info, also its a two day event.

I'm not all that optimistic about them showing anything else.

This year's festival announced for November.

1615027533034.png

Last edited:

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Weird they've shown so little of the game then if it's releasing in the next couple of months..

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
No way it drops this soon, awesome, that delay killed me.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Thats soon - will this release worldwide at the same time ? Otherwise i can see Spring 21 in Japan and Fall in the West.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game going to have a global launch? I know they said they were focusing more on the international audience this time around.