• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019

Those with a pre-order of Tales of Arise from the PlayStation Store are now able to pre-load the JRPG ahead of release in certain regions, leading to the discovery that the PS5 version is dwarfed by what's on PS4 — a whole 20GB difference in fact. PS5 game size compression means the current-gen version clocks in at just 37.201GB while the PS4 version is far larger at a weighty 57.247GB.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
when do reviews drop for this?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
is this the same between Xbox One and Series consoles?

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really wanna play this but when I tried the demo I really didn't understand the combat at all... and it was kind of annoying having everyone constantly yell out their attacks non-stop.

Nevertheless this is actually pretty impressive.

OP
OP
saintjules

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
Man, I really wanna play this but when I tried the demo I really didn't understand the combat at all... and it was kind of annoying having everyone constantly yell out their attacks non-stop.

Yeah the battles can get chaotic pretty quickly. Even someone like myself who has played the Franchise since Tales of Destiny, it felt a bit overwhelming at times. But I think with anything, when you play for a few hours it should technically click. If it doesn't, it may not be your type of game. I guess that's the benefit of playing the demo.

I also agree with the constant yelling. Seems a lot worse than in previous games.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

The battle system should be easier to understand when you play it from the start and the tutorials are laid out better.

Can't help you with the yelling, it's a staple with Tales and some other JRPGs.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
is this the same between Xbox One and Series consoles?

I pre-ordered on Series X, so I can try to see if a pre-install happened automatically and report back what the pre-launch sizing is on that platform specifically. I don't own any other Xbox hardware to install it and see what Smart Delivery differences pop up.

I am stuck at work for the next 5 hours still, though.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
sony be like i know how you love your games. now we can fit more on the 600GB SSD but soon we'll be able to add more! 2TB is probably enough for this gen for me.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I thought this game was coming out tomorrow. Gonna be a long wait for Friday.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

LeafyHighlevelFoxterrier-max-1mb.gif

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
That's impressive and helpful with these limited ssd sizes.

Wonder what Xbox comparison is like. I see there are 2 demo version for Xbox One and Series, both listed as 4.1gb - not sure actuals.

Last edited:

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Still waiting to see what this is on Xbox, I hope it's kinda close to that

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I'm guessing its the compression, and not needing duplicate files, though seeing that PC is similar in size, then maybe its just the compression.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Good stuff. Looking forward to jumping into this series with Arise.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
All these native PS5 games coming out in the next few months has me eagerly anticipating the SSD expansion.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Neato

Same with Control right? I know certain game updates are also drastically smaller on PS5 compared to other consoles. Ass Creed Valhalla for example.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Pretty much the gameplay is like star ocean to me.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready FOR PC RELEASE!!!111ONE
Because I can't find a PS5 haha..

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a nice feature on PS5 and helps lesson the blow of having a 200GB smaller internal hard drive vs Xbox a little bit.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 compression with games has been one of the unsung heros of this gen so far. There's been quite a few titles where PS5 is smaller than previous gens.