• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neonvisions

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone else get a download code from Namco because of the delayed shipments, but it shows it's invalid? The code shows it's for Tales of Arise but I can't redeem it. Argh.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Can't play until tonight but my collector's edition arrived ☺️

Sorry if this has been asked, but on PS5, how do I access the pre-order and CE DLC?

I received the pre-order code yesterday and redeemed it, I can see it in my transactions, but it's nowhere to be found. Same with the CE DLC today; the costumes are still shown as purchasable on the PS store.

e: oops never mind, it was all claimable in-game

Last edited:

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
is it just me or is Balseph just woefully OP for a beginner boss?

I pretty much mained Shionne through that whole ordeal, Alphen would just make me use up all portions and gels and it would still get me nowhere lol. gotta say with her also I'm out of stock on many items.

Yeah, he's no joke, especially when maining Alphen. Dude is a sponge and you gotta be really patient getting in/getting out. Honestly I'm struggling to think of a boss fight that I've had more trouble with in a Tales game. Vaguely remember some fight in Vesperia near the beginning, but that's it.

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
It's wild how difficult it is to find physical copies of this. There are dozens of Best Buys and Targets around me and only one or two stores with a handful of copies in stock.

Placed an online pick up order to get a Series X copy on my lunch break.

Cogniferous

Oct 27, 2017
England
No game for me today. Ordered from Base.com and they sent it yesterday, which was already a day later than anything else I'd bought from them, but we're just after 3pm which is the end of deliveries for the day. Fingers crossed its here tomorrow. Gutted though. First time I've had a late game in ages :(

Pastel Melon

Jan 2, 2020
Germany
A friend of mine plays the Game on a PS4 Pro and says it's almost unplayable because the PS4 will get extremely loud. Can anyone share their experience on PS4 (Pro)?

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Started playing on PC, game looks and runs great for the most part except the first cutscenes audio kept stuttering and sounded a lot poorer quality compared to the rest of the game for some reason.

Only issue I encountered so far though, excited to sink some time into this.

Altezein

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 21, 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
A friend of mine plays the Game on a PS4 Pro and says it's almost unplayable because the PS4 will get extremely loud. Can anyone share their experience on PS4 (Pro)?
Played the demo on PS4 Pro. it's loud, yes. Same as recent AAA games. Think Last of Us 2, FF7 Remake, God of War, etc etc. I learned to live with it, but still playing the full game on PC :P

ivalice

Banned
Sep 3, 2021
Not too far in (doing the first sub quest) and something feels... off. Maybe it's the pacing?

Combat hasn't clicked yet, but I think that's something that'll come with time. Just controlling Iron Mask at the moment. I did get some tutorial popups about auto/manual battling but it just sort of slid off my brain.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Had to swap dodge from R2 to L1. Way too unnatural on default having to move your finger hovering over R1 attack. One should always be hovering over that dodge button at the ready. R2 now with target swap instead feels better.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
No game for me today. Ordered from Base.com and they sent it yesterday, which was already a day later than anything else I'd bought from them, but we're just after 3pm which is the end of deliveries for the day. Fingers crossed its here tomorrow. Gutted though. First time I've had a late game in ages :(

same here, looks like mine is coming from Best Buy tomorrow, oh well

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I can't find any way to remap the controller buttons on PC.
I can see how you remap the keyboard controlls but not the controller.
Am I missing something?

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
For the first time ever my Best Buy doesn't have my game ready for pick up on launch day....I am so fucking mad lol. No store anywhere around here has one.

Edit: Found one like 45 minutes away, woohoo.

Last edited:

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
Played a few hours yesterday on the PS5. It might be just me but I swore the XSX demo I played was noticeably sharper in resolution over the PS5 version. Wondering if DF will do their comparison on this soon.

Anyone else having trouble finding ps5 copies in store?

Yup. Every Target, Walmart, Best Buy and Gamestop in 50 miles around me don't have in store stock.

This is exactly why I pre-order sometimes. To avoid this type of stuff. In this case a mom and pop store I went to had them yesterday and I just ended up grabbing it.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing something?

At least on PS, near the bottom of the 'settings' menu is a button config option to remap, just past all the sound volume sliders.

Would suck if that is not on PC.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
amazon has it but it'll be delivered sunday for home delivery for those looking for ps5 copies. might be earlier depending on your location.

purg3

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a breakdown of what exactly the extra items are in the deluxe version - like what they do? Debating between the standard and deluxe and not sure if it warrants the extra money.
  • Premium Item Pack
  • Premium Travel Pack
edit - nvm, steam lists the separate packs and contents.

Last edited:

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone else get a download code from Namco because of the delayed shipments, but it shows it's invalid? The code shows it's for Tales of Arise but I can't redeem it. Argh.

I got a code but haven't redeemed it yet. Will try tonight or this weekend. I had preordered the PS5 collector's edition and they are having issues with shipping. I thought it was pretty cool of them to give us a digital version for free to play while we wait. I hope it's permanent, lol.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I really hope they patch out how bad the draw distance is, I don't think I've ever seen a game cull NPC models so aggressively. It being the same on all platforms likely isn't necessary for performance reasons, especially with the huge overhead left on PC

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Had to swap dodge from R2 to L1. Way too unnatural on default having to move your finger hovering over R1 attack. One should always be hovering over that dodge button at the ready. R2 now with target swap instead feels better.

I want to try this because it sounds logical, but I'm afraid I've committed R2 as dodge to muscle memory already that it's gonna screw me up if I change it now.

Spidervan

Jun 11, 2021
I'm 10 hours in, loving it so far aside from the pop in. The pop in is bad at times, can't stop mentioning it.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The pop in seems so weird, definitely not a limitation with the hardware in use.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I ended up changing a few buttons too. Set attack to X, artes to RB, Y, and B, and jump on A. Glad the field buttons could be remapped on steam too, got really annoyed with jump being different on the field and in battle in the demo lol.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still super early in the game so I can't check, but for titles and skills, are you expected to grab all of them since they are just active, or is there some kind of limitation (outside of grinding for sp)? I'm curious because it looks like certain skills do not synergize well with each other, and I haven't read whether you can disable them after getting them.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017

I'm honestly not surprised at all. All the signs have been pointing towards this being a smash hit. I remember a good amount of people being skeptical about this becoming the best selling game in the franchise and I remember thinking they were must've been smoking something. We could see this coming from a mile away.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
My firs Tales of game and I absolutely love it. About 10 or so hours in and want to just keep playing. Few games have pulled me in like this recently.

bnx

Mar 18, 2018
this just came in the mail today. I forgot I even had preordered it (march 8 2020) 😅

Nov 24, 2020
Tampa, Fl
Just got my physical PS5 copy and there's no reversible cover. Does the US PS4 copy have a reversible or was it only for UK? Bummer because that reversible cover is great.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Thinking about buying the 100 bucks digital edition today for Xbox. If anyone has a preorder dlc code left I would gladly take it, I always decide too late to buy games. 😅

Last edited:

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
Man, as much as it sucks, I'm glad to know I'm not alone in being unable to find a physical copy of this. Relied on being able to walk in to Best Buy today to snag a copy, but nowhere around me has any in stock at all. Amazon it is, I suppose.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Just played a bit up to the first camp and I'm really enjoying it so far. I have a question regarding the combat, can you lock-on? I'm not sure but I think in Berseria you could do that.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At least on PS, near the bottom of the 'settings' menu is a button config option to remap, just past all the sound volume sliders.

Would suck if that is not on PC.

PC can remap everything on Steam via Steam Input. The game has native support, so it's binding actions to a controller, regardless of the controller.

Am I missing something?

Steam Controller Configuration. Open up the Steam Overlay or Steam Big Picture Mode interface and select Controller Configuration.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Just played a bit up to the first camp and I'm really enjoying it so far. I have a question regarding the combat, can you lock-on? I'm not sure but I think in Berseria you could do that.
left bumper tap locks on to nearest enemy, hold down to select target manually. Or something like that