• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
They didn't even attempt to lip sync the dialogue. lol
Other then that it looks pretty great.

edit: After seeing the gameplay it seems like a downgrade compared to the original short gameplay clip.
Felt the same, the first gameplay clip feel like a next gen game. This one is pretty enough to play but it's not as good as when they first show the game.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
It's a pretty game and with so many new hd assets they ought to squeeze an Arise 2 out of this one. Thanks for the multi-plat supremacy.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the longest dev cycle ever for a Tales game? I know Covid delays and all but i cant remember a Tales game being in development for longer.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Now let's hope the PS5 will actually release before that date haha, because so far stocks are non-existant in Europe, everything is sent to the US.
Otherwise I'll just get the PC version *srug*

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to know it's still alive and coming out soon.
Can't watch the trailer right now, but anything new about local coop? Played most Tales games in coop with my spouse and she will be mad if we can't play this one together.
No word on multiplayer, but from the gameplay video it doesn't look like it has coop. Hoping we get official clarification soon.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Will be my first tales game; story any good in this franchise?
Tales is the McDonald's of JRPGs. It's delicious anime trash. There's not much to be surprised by in it, but it's comfort food.

The games have pretty good characters though, generally speaking.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
10ADJOf.gif

5P98gj8.gif
We're gonna feel those Mystic Artes haptic feedback...

2ER.gif

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Dunno why, but the earlier trailers gave me the impression combat had moved to seamless in the world, rather than the traditional transition screen. I guess it's not really a big deal, but I'm a little disappointed.

The gameplay footage was nice, hopefully, this will be the first Tales game I can actually cross the finish line in.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
As long i haven't seen more about the world, dungeon, side content and gearing it's really hard to get excited after the awful Zesteria/Berseria.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The thing about 4K/60 fps in PS5 and Xbox Series consoles, I assume it mean the game is going to be 1440/60 fps on Series S, right?

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
CE image (21k Yen with vat)

• (Statue figure (Alphen / Zion), special BOX, "Tales of Arise" software, large format art book, 2 types of metal pin badges, 2 stickers, acrylic figure with background, 5 postcards)

y_607fef806fdf8.jpg
I kinda want this, hope it gets released in the west.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Will be my first tales game; story any good in this franchise?

Depends on what game you're talking about. Berseria, the last entry, had an excellent story. Vesperia, a fan favorite, has a pretty meh story. YMMV. Hopefully this is more like Berseria.

Looks great. I hope I like how it plays more than I did Berseria. I liked the story but I bounced off it pretty quick because the combat felt so repetitive and mashy.

I agree Berseria was pretty mashy. Just at a glance this seems to have better hit feedback I think, and it's not following up Zestiria with its combat, so we'll see how it turns out.

CE image (21k Yen with vat)

• (Statue figure (Alphen / Zion), special BOX, "Tales of Arise" software, large format art book, 2 types of metal pin badges, 2 stickers, acrylic figure with background, 5 postcards)

y_607fef806fdf8.jpg

Really liking the artwork on the cover here.

Battle Theme that starts at minute 7 sounds soooo Sakuraba... I swear I even heard something very similar in another Tales game before...

Yeah that's a remix of the Giganto theme they've been using since like...Vesperia.

So it's a Sakuraba song but it's likely been rearranged by this new composer.

Tbh I would've preferred a new theme.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Really happy it's not seamless into battle, this is how I like my jrpgs to be.

Day 1 on xbox series for sure.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
good Skits

good Characters

fun Combat

that's all I need in my Tales games

mjhaas

Aug 28, 2019
Kinda getting Prince of Persia 08 vibes from the visuals, it looks painterly, at least from objects in the distance. It looks nice!

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Hype! This'll probably be what gets me to pick up a PS5.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the 30fps on PS4 Pro is either a CPU limitation or them aiming for a higher res than they probably should, so I can still dream of 60fps on my PC. :P

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
www.famitsu.com

『テイルズ オブ アライズ』9月9日発売決定&PS5、XSX|S版も発売。新キャラ、新PV、バトルシステムなどを公開! | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

PS4、PS5、Xbox One、XSX|S、Steamで発売される『テイルズ オブ』シリーズの最新作『テイルズ オブ アライズ』の新情報を公開。新たな動画、スクリーンショットとともに、本作の詳細に迫る!

More information in this article. The combination attacks in the gameplay trailer weren't mystic artes. They are something you can trigger with some conditions.