• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
During today's Borderlands 3 Director's Cut reveal stream, they announced TFTB would be making its return to store shelves next week.

smuguire

Oct 27, 2017
This is the best Telltale game. A few of those credit sequences are incredibly good.

Now do Guardians of the Galaxy next

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine it'll be on the new consoles as well?

There was this rating back in December:

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I had no idea Tales from the Borderlands had been delisted.

Easily Telltale's best effort. Borderlands fucking sucks in general, but this game is amazing. Get in, folks.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Does this mean we could get a sequel to this, I absolutely loved the first game even though I never finished a single Borderlands.

OP
OP
dojo32161

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Another thing to note about this rerelease is that choice comparisons at the end of episodes will be gone now.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean we could get a sequel to this, I absolutely loved the first game even though I never finished a single Borderlands.
Monkey paw wish, you get a sequel but none of the main voice actors/actresses come back. Oh and Randy lies about that again for good measure.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea Tales from the Borderlands had been delisted.

Easily Telltale's best effort. Borderlands fucking sucks in general, but this game is amazing. Get in, folks.
I had no idea it was delisted too, Also, similar feelings about Borderlands.

Wasn't Tales from the Borderlands on Game Pass a good while ago? I'm pretty sure I had the ability to play it (actually, maybe it was just a free weekend or two), but basically just had enough of Borderlands at the time so I just passed on it.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. Definitely one of the best, if not the best, TT game for sure.

My favorite intro to probably any episode of any video game:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best Borderlands game and one of Telltale's best.

Definitely wouldn't mind playing it again.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Best Telltale game for me, would love a sequel...but a proper one not some butcher job.

Did Borderlands 3 acknowledge anything from this game or did it ignore it?

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Oh fuck yeah! More people get to play Tales from the Borderlands!

This. Best telltale and Borderlands game!
0c7ab380455f235ac31eb9fe70deb7f4.png

OP
OP
dojo32161

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Best Telltale game for me, would love a sequel...but a proper one not some butcher job.

Did Borderlands 3 acknowledge anything from this game or did it ignore it?
Rhys and Vaughn were major characters in 3... unfortunately, they completely butchered Vaughn as a character. Cassius was also in the last Borderlands 2 DLC.

OP
OP
dojo32161

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Maybe it didn't pan out, but it most definetely wasn't fake. It came from the same guy who leaked a lot of stuff from the "new Telltale", and there was actually a clip with new footage on it.
Yeah, uh, those clips were obviously faked, and the "leaker" only ever got one thing right, that Wolf 2 would be announced at the Game Awards that year, which most people had been predicting (they also included a snippet from the supposed trailer that would accompany Wolf 2's announcement and... it looks completely different from the actual trailer).

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Yeah, uh, those clips were obviously faked, and the "leaker" only ever got one thing right, that Wolf 2 would be announced at the Game Awards that year, which most people had been predicting (they also included a snippet from the supposed trailer that would accompany Wolf 2's announcement and... it looks completely different from the actual trailer).
Damn, really? I must remember it very differently, because I recall going "well, it's all legit!", lmao. Well, not a huge loss, at least it looks like Telltale is in good hands now and we're slowly getting everything back. Wonder if the more "tricky" ones like Game of Thrones and Guardians of the Galaxy will be relisted as well.

OP
OP
dojo32161

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Damn, really? I must remember it very differently, because I recall going "well, it's all legit!", lmao. Well, not a huge loss, at least it looks like Telltale is in good hands now and we're slowly getting everything back. Wonder if the more "tricky" ones like Game of Thrones and Guardians of the Galaxy will be relisted as well.
Yeah, here's the "leaked" trailer they posted, if you're curious.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Disappointed that there won't be an actual PS5 version, just backwards compatibility :(

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Best Tales game, best Borderlands game, and best of all you don't need to have played any Borderlands game to enjoy it.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
You just reminded me they made me actually like this asshole, gave him a personality. I need to replay the game, it's amazing how every ep was so good.
They made all characters great. And the gags! One of the funniest games ever! Actually made Borderlands humour work. I was really crossing my fingers that maybe they would get some of the writers for Borderlands 3, instead it was....bleech.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dojo32161

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
They made all characters great. And the gags! One of the funniest games ever! Actually made Borderlands humour work. I was really crossing my thumb that maybe they would get some of the writers for Borderlands 3, instead it was....bleech.
At least Rean was... in character. I don't want to talk about Vaughn.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
So sad what happened to Vaughn in the end. They made one joke about his abs into his whole character in 3.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
This game is fucking fantastic. I highly recommend it, even to people that don't like Borderlands, don't like the story of Borderlands, and/or don't like Telltale games. It's got some of the best writing the gaming industry has to offer.

I really hope we get a season 2 some day. Also that bonus episode that was rumored a couple months ago. The game still has an unresolved cliffhanger and multiple characters we don't know the fate of

OP
OP
dojo32161

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
So sad what happened to Vaughn in the end. They made one joke about his abs into his whole character in 3.
I mean, there was that, but also making him out of nowhere incredibly crazy. Also killing off the Hyperion corporate people he was in charge of offscreen. Man there's so much wrong they did to him, lmao.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I mean, there was that, but also making him out of nowhere incredibly crazy. Also killing off the Hyperion corporate people he was in charge of offscreen. Man there's so much wrong they did to him, lmao.

Jeez yeah that's right they did that. I don't remember him being as crazy in the Lillith DLC for Borderlands 2 either. Huge disconnect between his portrayals in all 3 games.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite Telltale game in the holy Telltale trinity (The Walking Dead S1, The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands). The game has fantastic writing and voice work, and is both laugh out loud funny and yet very emotional. There are also some really clever and memorable interactive moments in what could have otherwise been a more straightforward point and click adventure. Even if you don't like Borderlands, absolutely check it out.

loader%20bot-ki1.gif

ETA: Also, the licensed music song choices are incredible.

Last edited:

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Was hoping for a switch release, but i'll def take what i can get.

Oct 28, 2017
Dunno, possibly they aren't working with the new Telltale who owns the servers for that?

There are definitely issues with old Telltale games and those choice comparisons right now. Just played TWD: Michonne and the choices wouldn't load (I guess the servers are down)

Was able to fix it, just by finding the necessary file someone had posted on Reddit. If it works the same with TftB it shouldn't be too complicated to set up a new system, don't know why they're axing it completely.