• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
These videos come from the ingeniously named r/gamingleaksandrumors subreddit. No idea how they were acquired but this seems far too real for a fake.

I'd take note of that "2" at the end of the second clip, too. Season 2 inbound?

Link to the original Reddit thread here.

Last edited:

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Well, here's to hoping the Tales' writers are behind this, would hate to see the narrative leads at Gearbox botch this like 3.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
Please be real, please be real, please be real.

Please have the original team involved, please have the original team involved, please have the original team involved.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
If they get the voice cast back I will buy it in a heartbeat. I hope the old writers will be brought back on. The writing and performances made that game one of the best Telltale games in the company's history.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
bc2b1637594e4511f1c0175abd3586ed--love-of-god-los-simpsons.jpg

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, wow, so if it's legit they're doing a re-release of the original game with extras, commentary, etc. (Yes, I would buy again, lol.) I didn't see any new footage that I could recognize outside of the codex.

Tolby

Sep 24, 2019
Eastern Europe
Making me pick this up a few years ago was one the best things the old place did to me. And I don't play the Borderlands series.
Best Telltale game by far.

Please be true!

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we'll see how they handle it, but the fact that the original isn't available on digital storefronts anymore makes me think they'll release this as a new game, rather than just DLC.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess we'll see how they handle it, but the fact that the original isn't available on digital storefronts anymore makes me think they'll release this as a new game, rather than just DLC.

It's gonna be both, they'll do it just like the Batman games, rebranded game back on the stores + cheap dlc for previous owners.

Maybe not as cheap this time around given it looks more involved.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A sequel based on the 2 at the end of the trailer. Borderlands has already had a "Pre-Sequel" so crazy naming is nothing new.

But I would actually like the original game instead of a "remaster" which Redux may be referring to.

I mean, a huge chunk of the trailer talks about episode commentaries, concept art unlocks and a bonus mini episode.

It's clearly a re-release of the first game with bonus content as a tease for 2.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Maybe I will play it then, but without that gameplay loop from BL its just not that appealing

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I already own the first title and have replayed it recently but I urge people to buy it if they haven't before to support what was arguably their best title.

I will have to see what the bonus content is later because a tftb2 would make me cry in happiness.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This game was the best thing Telltale has ever done and the best game to have the Borderlands name on it. Very happy to play it again.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I imagine most Borderlands fans feel the same way considering it was Telltale's worst selling game.

Well, i like borderlands a lot and it surely wasnt because of the intricate story or well developed characters
Still bought and loved Tales though so its a shame to know it sold less than freaking GoT, Back to the Future and Minecraft (all games vastly inferior to it)