• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland

The store page is still up, you just can't buy it right now. and the Xbox One and PS4 versions are currently unaffected.

I say "temporarily" in this case because a publisher change is what is most likely happening. Obviously Telltale was shut down, so 2K Games (The current owners of the Borderlands IP.) may have acquired the publishing rights back from them.

and considering elements from the game are confirmed to appear in Borderlands 3, it's incredibly unlikely that the removal is permanent.
sg2zn3kZZ84W5xfJ9tZot7.jpg

Until then, though. It's time to pull out the sad music.

"You're on your own, in a world you've grown
Few more years to go,
Don't let the hurdle fall"

Oct 27, 2017
Yep! It's pretty funny, adding a much needed dynamic to the tired Telltale formula (and to Borderlands IP in general)
Definitely. It's one of Telltale's best games.
One of Telltale's best
It's TellTale's best work imo, amazing characters. It's one of my favorites of the entire gen.
Much better than Batman.
Ive played most TT games and Tales From the Borderlands is easily my favorite
Pretty definitive lol, guess I'll snag that one next. Thanks y'all.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is the best Telltale game and the best Borderlands game. It deserves to be available for sale everywhere as everyone should play it.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
People should, need, must buy this before it maybe disappears entirely.

It's hands down Telltale's best game, and one of the best story games ever. Please don't overlook this one because of the Borderlands setting. There is a DAMN good reason why I was excited about Rhys and Vaughns appearance in BL3 (until I heard that their voice actors are not returning, fuck you Randy).

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Probably bad timing, but seriously, y'all should jump on Tales from the Borderlands if you haven't yet. In my opinion, the game soars above all of the other Borderlands titles, and I say that as someone who has put 80+ hours into BL 2 and had a really good time with it. Even if you're not a fan of the franchise or its sense of humor, I still think it's worth giving TftB a shot. It's basically the closest we'll ever get to a Firefly video game, and the heart and soul that was poured into Tales from the Borderlands is clear throughout. It's funny as fuck, while still having a captivating plot with some insane twists and some of the most well-written characters in entertainment. Rhys and Fiona shine as some of the strongest protagonists in gaming (their chemistry as "frenemies" really works), and Vaughn, Sasha, LoaderBot, and Gortys likewise when it comes to sidekicks (as well as the countless other side characters and villains, all of which really just work). I don't think I've ever smiled as much playing through a game as I did in Tales from the Borderlands, but that's not to take away from the fact that when the game gets serious or tense, it also completely works. This is all largely thanks to what might possibly be the best-written cast of characters in gaming, and one of my favorite cast of characters in any medium of entertainment.

I'd post some clips from the game, but I don't wanna spoil any of the truly awesome moments. Here's one, relatively spoiler free one

I'm still super bummed we will never get a Tales from the Borderlands Season 2... unless... Gearbox plz. (I know, it's not happening).