• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
Shout out to this guy on Reddit who found it.

It was rated last month by PEGI with the same release date as Borderlands 3 on next-gen consoles. The game has been receiving depot updates on SteamDB for over a year (they created two new builds of the game titled "vtest" and "ratings") so it's pretty much undeniable that this will be announced soon.

steamdb.info

Tales from the Borderlands · AppID: 330830

Tales from the Borderlands is a five-part episodic game set on the unforgiving world of Pandora between the events of Borderlands 2 and Borderlands 3. This is a story full of Borderlands' trademark humor, following two adventurers on their quest for greatness. Tales from the Borderlands Steam...

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
One of the few legitimately hilarious games and the best thing Telltale put out IMO. Grab it it you haven't.

Buyao

Oct 27, 2017
Yep best Telltale game ever made. Period.
All Intro/Credit songs are excellent too.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Such a great game. If you haven't played it, sounds like this would be a great opportunity.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Aww yeah. This game was amazing and absolutely hilarious. Would love a remaster or sequel.

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Hopefully they'll be able to fix some bugs and frame rate issues, especially in the last episode.

Jul 24, 2018
tumblr_nljc0sRPYY1rzm1e7o4_250.gif

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, this game was great. I would love to see a sequel, though I don't know if I trust Gearbox to steward that by themselves.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! I was wondering if it was happening or not, since there seemed to have been nothing that followed the leaked trailer for the entirety of 2020.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
I'm pretty sure the copy I ended up buying was through the Telltale store for whatever reason... But I probably won't end up buying it again. Even if I need to dig through an old external HDD to find where I saved it if I wanted to play it.

Great game though, and absolutely hilarious.

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Considering what Gearbox did to Vaughn, I really don't trust them, lmao.
I cannot overstate or exaggerate just how vast my disappointment was going from Tales From The Borderlands to Borderlands 3. Tales is genuinely an amazing game and made me give a hoot about the story of Borderlands, whereas 3 probably has the worst story and some of the worst writing I've seen in a game in I don't know how long.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
Everyone talked this up but I got an episode or episode and a half in and didn't think it was great.

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Yeah, they were okay with Rhys, but I wouldn't trust them with Fiona or Sasha, and I'm glad they didn't touch them (at least in the main game, haven't played the DLC).
Really disappointed that they killed Cassius off in the final BL2 DLC, but he was at least in character, for what that's worth.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Possibly The Greatest Adventure Game

I love this game, it evokes all the Broken Sword and Tintin and adventure vibes I love so much

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
That's what i thought since even with taking into account Covid, the time between the "leak" and a reveal, at this point, was too long for a remaster. Still, i really wanted it to be true, so i kept hope in the idea.
Yeah, I would have liked it to be true, too. But hey, maybe they'll still do some general polish with this release.

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, it's the best Telltale game IMO. And the only Borderlands that I bothered to play.

Hopefully this means we might get the sequel.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I cannot overstate or exaggerate just how vast my disappointment was going from Tales From The Borderlands to Borderlands 3. Tales is genuinely an amazing game and made me give a hoot about the story of Borderlands, whereas 3 probably has the worst story and some of the worst writing I've seen in a game in I don't know how long.

I think my friend summed up 3 perfectly when he said it felt like it was written by someone who had the basic plots of the games described to them by someone who watched a summary video.

its truly a miserable game. Shit plot and they even ruined the gameplay by constant nerfs to weapons and skills. My friends and I have thousands of hours in the other games and we didn't even finish the dlc for 3.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
This was telltale's guardians of the galaxy before they ever did guardians of the galaxy and that was plop in comparison. I hope this mean they put the first episode back on the stores. I dunno why it was removed in the first place.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
One of Telltales best games. If you like their games dont skip it.
One of the few legitimately hilarious games and the best thing Telltale put out IMO. Grab it it you haven't.
Yep best Telltale game ever made. Period.
All Intro/Credit songs are excellent too.
Such a great game. If you haven't played it, sounds like this would be a great opportunity.
What if I don't care one bit about Borderlands?

Jul 1, 2020

Tales from the Borderlands has the best writing in the entire franchise. Borderlands 3 in my experience was just Borderlands 2 with different words in the same mad lib.