• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you enjoy it?

• Yes

Votes: 320 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 233 42.1%

• Total voters

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
In a social setting, sure, but I don't do them alone. I do enjoy the taste of tequila.

Not a big vodka fan though, so I don't really mess with that. The two times in my life that I've sleepwalked came after a couple of vodka drinks, so that's off the menu.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I like shots when i am out with some friends but i don't do them excessively to get shit faced. It's usually 1-2 rounds with some beers and we just hang out.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
If it's an high quality liquor and I take small sips to enjoy the taste, sure.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unless you're trying to get fucked up very quickly I don't see the point. Haven't taken one in years, not a kid anymore

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Its the peer pressure and not the actual shot itself.
Another clue: the rituals you do before and after the shots. It's all about mitigating the revolting reaction to shots... lick salt, bite into a lime etc.

In the end, the purpose of a cocktail is similar: hide the intense taste of liquor behind a combination of flavors. Only way nicer and more elaborate than downing shots.

What I also don't like is how shots speed up the process of getting drunk. When getting drunk, it's all about the journey, not the about end of being completely shitfaced. Raising the level slowly over the course of the night is the perfect way to do it.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I like taking a few shots here and there to help maintain the buzz, it's a quick way to just keep at it.
Don't usually take a bunch in a row anymore though.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy the feeling after a few minutes very much. The whole point of vodka is to make shots more palatable.

If it's something that tastes good or is interesting, you shouldn't be "doing shots". It's a waste.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the shots. Unless it's REAL good, tequila disagrees with me.

Fireball and Jameson I can do for days though.

Irish Car Bombs are my absolute favorite though.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I'll be honest, I'm shocked by these poll results. Nowadays, I can't take a shot of anything without immediately needing to throw up (unless I'm already fairly drunk). Even when I was able to safely take shots, I wouldn't say that I ever enjoyed it.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, I'm shocked by these poll results. Nowadays, I can't take a shot of anything without immediately needing to throw up (unless I'm already fairly drunk). Even when I was able to safely take shots, I wouldn't say that I ever enjoyed it.

Not picking on you but I'm curious, have you done a shot of Grey Goose? Not so objectionable.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'll do shots of just about anything* when I'm out with friends, but Fireball's probably the one I actively enjoy

*Except Jack Honey, can't stand that shit anymore

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Shots like vodka, akvavit or cut brandy are quite nice with more festive meals but usually a bad I idea when you're just drinking in a bar.

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno honestly. If I'm drinking straight liquor, I'd prefer it to be high quality and on the rocks, but there are some layered shots that are lovely, like a B-52 or Kamikaze.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I used to a decade ago, but not nearly as much now. Wouldn't mind a good tequila, but no on the vodka shots. Unless you want to get fucked pretty quick.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I love shots as a group. A couple of weeks ago, I went to a bar in Minsk with some coworkers and we tried every shots on the menu. These were not your regular shots though, one of them for example was a jalapeño and rum shot with an octopus chaser😎

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Ilike it cause i try to drink for social reasons but i hate alcohol taste and i can't drink tones of stuff without feeling liek my belly is going to explode anyway, so shots are a quick way to experience the alcohol effect without really having time to taste it or fill my bladder

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I'll do a shot, but I'd rather have nicer liquor, a beer or wine and sip. I don't do the get drunk as fast as you can thing anymore.

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
Lol, if you're like I was, you don't even notice the taste soon. You're more concerned with the burning sensation in your stomach lining than the fact that you're essentially drinking paint thinner.

Don't feel ashamed about not liking shots. Idiots who boast about their tolerance or drinking feats or whatever are likely on the path to alcoholism, if not already there. These are things I've learned in my mid 30s that seemed crazy when I was in my 20s.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I have an awfully strong gag reflex, so I avoid taking shots whenever I can. Bleh.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
I used to like alcohol but now it taste like syrup for me.

Especially jack Daniels.. bleh but whiskey is the best burn tho

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
you would only want to take shots of liquor that doesn't taste great by itself to begin with

so a shot of liquor should not taste great, that's why your shooting it, to get drunk fast, not taste it

if you're doing shots with high quality, great tasting liquor, then you're doing it wrong

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Not the biggest vodka fan but I will if it's good. I'm a tequila/mezcal and whiskey kind of guy. Keep it away from me.

No chasers, nothing. Just straight. Don't flinch at it.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I generally only drink alcohols I actually like the taste of, so taking a shot usually feels like a waste for me. However, I'll do one or two occasionally in a group, as as a social thing.