• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

My favourite Zelda game from this list is...

• Twilight Princess

Votes: 93 7.3%
  • Link's Awakening

Votes: 79 6.2%
  • Wind Waker

Votes: 290 22.6%
  • A Link To The Past

Votes: 382 29.8%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 343 26.8%
  • A Link Between Worlds

Votes: 47 3.7%
  • Skyward Sword

Votes: 47 3.7%

• Total voters

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I was never a big fan of OOT/MM. Mine top Zelda game has always been WW, BOTW is like #3 on my list.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Majora's Mask but you didn't need to take OOT and Botw out.
MM is such a densely designed, clever game where everything just basically works. It benefited from the fact that it built on top of a fantastic OoT and as it was a side story was allowed to take Zelda in strange and wonderful directions.
Depending on time of the day, it may be my favourite Zelda ever.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I still think TP has the best dungeons and boss fights and set pieces. I'll go with that.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Depending on the month it can be any between MM, WW, and TP. Generally, including this moment and what I put in the poll, I would say WW > MM > TP.

MM wins even if OoT and BotW are in the equation.
Majora's Mask but you didn't need to take OOT and Botw out.
I don't need to take OoT and BOTW out of the equation, Wind Waker is the best Zelda.

Yeah BotW wouldn't be in the mix at all for me.

OP
OP
Discontent

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Agree with peoples sentiment that i didn't need to take OoT and BotW out but everyone knows they'll win the poll handily so why not let the others just battle it out, makes it more interesting imo and BOTW and OoT have won a million polls already. I made a Metroid poll the other day and obviously SM and MP had the majority of the votes and it's nice to see both of them at a tie but I think it would've been more interesting to see a poll without them.

Also, BOTW is absolute dogshit, as voted by Era herself.

www.resetera.com

Which game from this list should get more love on Era? The one with the LEAST amount of votes wins and the 3 with most votes are absolute dogshit.

Let's have some fun everyone! Try to outsmart each other and really find out which of these historically significant games are underappreciated and which ones should be left to rot. Naturally the one with the least amounts of votes gets shown the least love so remains the most underappreciated...

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
It's Wind Waker. Best dungeons, front-loaded weapon acquisition, best Ganondorf, impossibly gorgeous visuals.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
A Link Between Worlds is the best 2D Zelda.

Twilight Princess is the best 3D Zelda.

Honestly, I find the whole series impossible to rank and it changes depending on what I happen to value on any given day.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
BotW wouldn't even chart for me. I'd give it to LttP, such a legendary game to this day.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
None of those. The Oracle games! Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages are still my favorite LoZ games.

Paper Cheese

Oct 9, 2019
Majora's Mask all the way, so glad the 3DS version streamlined some of the rough edges of the N64 original otherwise I never would have experienced that fuckin masterpiece

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
For me the Zelda series has 4 milestone entries : first game, lttp, oot and botw. And a lot of good games.
Personally, to me Majora has always felt like some sort of new thing with a Zelda coat of paint.

theosmeo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
majoras is better than either of those, tbh neither is even in my top 3

altho theyre 4 and 5 :P

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Twilight Princess. It is basically OoT 2, more so than MM.

Botw, OoT, TP, LA, LttP are probably my top five. Though honestly I might put OoS above LA, I would need to replay them again.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Tight between SS, MM, and ALBW for me. Went with SS.

LA gets a shoutout for Eagle's Tower alone (rest of it's good too, but maaaaaaaaaaan that dungeon).

I am curious where the ALttP votes would've gone if you made this purely a pre-BotW style 3D Zelda poll. I'm also not entirely sure OoT would've won that poll if you included it.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
SS is the best Zelda game, no taking out of the equation needed. In fact every single game listed in the poll is better than BotW, besides TWW, all of them considerably so.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I voted Twilight Princess, but MM is really good too. I just can't separate it from OoT is the thing. At least TP feels ok as a stand alone Zelda, but MM... mhm, not so sure. I would really like for all of them to be available on Switch already though. Switch should be capable of n64 emulation right?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Link's Awakening, but it was very close between that and LTTP.

LTTP essentially created the Zelda series we know today and is suitably epic in scope, but Link's Awakening just gave me more feels. It was also the first of the "surreal experimental" Zeldas - I don't know if we'd have had MM as it is without LA to dip into surrealism.

Best Zelda soundtrack IMO.

I voted Twilight Princess, but MM is really good too. I just can't separate it from OoT is the thing. At least TP feels ok as a stand alone Zelda, but MM... mhm, not so sure. I would really like for all of them to be available on Switch already though. Switch should be capable of n64 emulation right?
It should, but it would feel like a disservice if the 3DS remakes weren't the ones they ported.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
For 2D, I think Link to the Past is the best, but Link's Awakening & Link Between Worlds are both very good.
For 3D, I think Twilight Princess is the best.

Removing OoT & BotW has no effect on this ranking.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Really thinking about it yeah, it's Majoras Mask. Despite its flaws it's core concepts are incredible and so novel we really don't have another game like it out there after all these years. It's genius.

The FuzzPig

Oct 31, 2017
I mean even with OOT and BOTW I would still give it to MM.
Thinking about it I would probably put BOTW 4th after Links awakening.

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
I went with Wind Waker. It might actually be my favorite game of all-time.

I want to like Majora's Mask. I really do. But I just...don't. I'd like to give it another chance on Switch, but to me the time limit/day cycle just makes me stressed and frustrated at times.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Even with those 2 in the equation it's WW and I don't find it particularly close

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Wind Waker was the first game that I played where I felt that the phrase, 'If you can see it, you can go there' applied. A lot of people say that the sailing is way too slow and there's to much of it, but I loved every second of it. Going off into the distance and discovering something new was always so rewarding. The triforce quest definitely slows the game down a lot, but I still love it. My next one would be LTTP

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
You're free to your opinion, but I think except from the cute character models and final boss encounter.. TWW is crap, only a couple of interesting towns in the barren ocean, mindless puzzles/dungeons, boring Triforce quest, and it feels like there's loads of cut content like the dungeon for the third pearl.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wind Waker or A Link Between Worlds

today I was feeling A Link Between Worlds. that game is just good. real good.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are kind of neck and neck, and I don't particularly like either OoT or BotW but I get they'd sweep the poll otherwise.

Majora's Mask was the first game I ever beat (thanks Prima guide) and it's got enough of a special place in my heart that the overhaul to the game's aesthetic and other minor changes in the 3DS version left me absolutely tilted. I can't actually just follow the critical path when I play, I have to get all the Masks and make everyone happy, because that's what Majora's Mask is about. It is a game about making peoples' lives better even beyond saving them from a falling rock.

Wind Waker is probably 'better" thanks to the WiiU version's changes. Sailing has been so improved that it's actually fun to traverse the seamless open world, Hero Mode makes the game difficult enough that coupled with a low heart run the game can be a pretty meaty challenge, and some minor changes here and there smooth things out enough. Even the aesthetic changes still feel demonstrably Wind Waker, a downgrade for sure, but the world still feels like it should unlike Majora's Mask, and while Majora's Mask is an oddball in the series, Wind Waker was a bold attempt at getting away from the shadow of Ocarina of Time with a story about toxic nostalgia that then fell flat as fanboys rejected "Celda", so the next two games we got were dyed in the wool Ocarina successors.

The actual best Zelda is probably Link to the Past but I don't have much of an emotional connection to it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll continue to not understand the disrespect Twilight Princess endures.

To be fair, though, from the current results it's only sitting behind LTTP, MM, and WW. Each of those I know has their dedicated, diehard fans, and amongst them only a choice of WW really riles me up.

WW is a wonderful art design in search of a game. Mind you, even a wayward Zelda title still manages to be eminently playable.