• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CasualMaso

Banned
May 12, 2022
Space
One of them would have to be Hunter: The Reckoning. I'm big into paranormal shit and this was just so cool. Loved the game too. Bought that shit in B/C

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
For me personally it's this

And of course this

But my all time favourite most hype intro is this

If you can count that as an intro

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't checked yet, but if Soul Blade's intro isn't mentioned within the first five posts then you are all a disappointment to me.

*edit*
Well done, Keldroc. You prevented this forum from embarrassing itself.

Dec 6, 2017
US

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017
This is the right answer. I still think it is one of the most hyped intros ever, and not only "For it's time". Even if it is not ageing well.

I remember working in a video game store back when this came out and I had it in the demo ps2 for weeks. That intro alone sold so many copies lol. Kids from the nearby highschool would drop by during recess to watch it.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I remember working in a video game store back when this came out and I had it in the demo ps2 for weeks. That intro alone sold so many copies lol. Kids from the nearby highschool would drop by during recess to watch it.
I believe that hhahuahua. If I was a kid at the store you worked, I would have had the same behavior. I didn't know the franchise at the time and that intro on a store sold the game to me.

Jul 9, 2021
While I'm not a fan of Indestructible, this intro got me hyped every time I booted up the game on Xbox 360:
youtu.be

Street Fighter IV Intro (1080 HD)

Songs(00:00) : The Next door ~Indestructible~ Feat. Flo RidaArtist : ExileAlbum : Street Fighter IV(01:30) : Shop PV BGMArtist : Hideyuki FukasawaAlbum : Str...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Always Final Fantasy VIII for me. Especially at the time with CG being less commonplace it was incredible.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
For me it's always been the Chrono Cross opening cinematic. That music just gets me fucking motivated.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta go with FFVIII. Even it's haters have to admit the intro is top notch.

I remember watching this so many times in the run up to the release. Definitely up there. Hype!

No Shadow of the Colossus love? This intro is incredible for its time and any time .

I didn't properly play SoTC until the bluepoint remaster but have to agree - this intro is one of the best - the music is so damn good and fitting. I remember booting this up a few weeks ago and just leaving the intro on loop; didn't even play the game…

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's pretty hard to beat seeing the intro to Dragon's Lair in 1983, back in the pre-NES days.

Yeah, that probably had the biggest impact for me.

This was also a huge one:

Just having voice and graphics like that in a home game was impressive, and then that adventuring music kicking in near the end.

Last edited:

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Brings back memories of watching that show on G4 that was nothing but game intros and cutscenes.

Good times. :D

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
It is obviously Soul Edge, but I think with this sequel and its insane hype at the time Gran Turismo 2 is in the running

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
*For it's time* I would say Ninja Gaiden NES. Most of what I've seen in this thread so far were FMVs, which were pretty par for the course, even if certain ones stand out.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
GoW3 had the most epic opening at the time. Tbh, I'm not sure there is any game that has managed to surpass it even now.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
youtu.be

MechWarrior 2 Intro

MechWarrior 2, 1995See: http://www.mech2.org/forum/index.phpI uploaded this for historical purposes and hope nobody has a problem with it.mlk from Aptiva bun...

Why is there no Mechwarrior VR? There should be one!
Mechwarrior 2's intro is still pretty good. In 1995, it was stunning.

I have to go with Mechcommander's intro. FMV greatness and my favorite intro of all time:

Foxisdabest

Banned
May 8, 2022
Nothing, nothing, will ever beat Daaaaaytooonaaaa in the arcades. Shit was so catchy, i loved that intro.

I lived in Brazil at the time, currently reside in Florida.

Getting to go the actual city of Daytona, Florida was a massive disappointment.