• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like he probably wants to retire. I mean does he really need to work? Isn't he worth 100 million?

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Dan Houser *is* basically Rockstar Games though. Wonder what brought about this change.

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
This is kind of a big deal no?

Where he goes next or who decides to snatch him up will be even more interesting.

Microsoft? Sony?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I hope he was the only one who wanted characters to move like a slug in molasses and now we get to have fun.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Probably already mentioned, but I bet this is to do with that rumour that take two want to push out games faster.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Will be interesting to see if this has impact on R* output and what kind.

They just lost their writer and another half of brothers who ran the show.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Given the way he reportedly ran Rockstar, I can't say this makes me sad. Best to him rolling on his mountains of cash, I guess?

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
Where could he go where he's afforded the same creative freedoms he was accustomed to at R*?

What company would be willing give him those budgets without pressuring him to deliver on deadlines?

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curious how this goes. If he goes somewhere else or just retire.

A few years ago before they announced they announced they signed a extension to their roles the Housers where very publicly hanging around with a lot of other publishers.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I wonder how it's going to affect their output going forward.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Well then, guess we'll never have anything like RDR2 story ever again.
That's really sad, that was their best work yet.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Hope it's just retirement, and not because Take Two are fucking with them. Would be stupid to mess with Rockstar. The reason their stuff sales is because it's super polished and super detailed.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully some company has a dump truck full of money headed his way so he can contiune to make games.