• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Civ 7
X COM 3
Bioshock 4
Several NBA 2K titles
Several WWE titles
Several NFL titles
Mafia 4
GTA 6

What else...?

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
That's a lot of confidence that none of those games will get delayed, even if they count a game appearing on PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox One and Xbox series X as 5 different games.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
They must mean sku not games, right? They can't release 1-2 games every month.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Well, SKUs would be far less impressive. When you consider that a Take-Two game could release on PS4, PS5, XB1/XSX, PC, Switch, or Stadia, then it could be as few as 15 actual games.

Last edited:

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They must mean sku not games, right? They can't release 1-2 games every month.

I doubt it, they're a big company and SKUs should be more than that over a 5 year period. Capcom for instance released like 60+ SKUs in a year recently which is why their 13 target for next year was such a talking point. They're also releasing 3 games next week alone for example even if no one here cares about it.

Oct 26, 2017
They are SKUs
Because they can't have 93 titles released in the next 5 years lol

There is zero chance it's SKUs.

Five NBA 2K games is 25-35 SKUs by itself.
3 NFL 2K games are 15-25 SKUs
And WWE 2K adds a lot more SKUs as well.

"On top of that, we learn from president Karl Slatoff that Take-Two has 93 games planned for release by fiscal year 2025 (until March 2025).

Of these, 63 are core gaming experiences including 15 games that will launch on new platforms [ports of existing games].

17 are mid-core or arcade-style experiences, and 13 are casual games.

47 are from existing franchises, while 46 are from new IP.

72 are planned for consoles, PC, and/or streaming, including 7 that will also coming to mobile, and 21 dedicated to mobile.

67 require to be purchased, while 26 are free to play."

There will be more than 47 SKUs of 2K games released in the next five years.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Factoring Private Division, ports/remasters and whatever mobile stuff they have planned, it's pretty easy to see that output over the next 5 years.

They also got the ability to make football games recently.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They must be counting by SKU's right? seems unlikely otherwise

If it were SKUs then I don't think it works with the maths. The relevant platforms over this period will be mobile, Xbox One, PS4, PC, Switch, XSX, PS5, inevitable Switch Succ and Stadia too maybe..? Even if you half that and say that their big, multiple platform games will only release on half of those platforms that's still 4. So that would be what, 23/4ish big multiplat games when lowballing the platforms for 4 SKUs, over a 5 year period, when 2K release a few annual games? Seems really low and unlikely.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Ignoring all other factors, I wonder how many of those Take-Two wishes were Rockstar games.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
So like BL3 but better villains? Because BL3 is like great outside of that.
Better villains, story, more varied environments, level design, more compelling playable characters and interweaving of past characters. BL3 dropped the ball in a number of areas and I don't really see how or why. Especially when BL2 that takes place exclusively on Pandora has a plethora of enivironmental diversity than BL3s "well here's 4 entire planets that all have 1 biome". Story also has way more issues than just the villains and feels like it did pretty much every character present dirty in some way aside from maybe Zer0.

I enjoy the way it plays but that's about it. Haven't played the DLC yet despite waiting like 7 years for BL3 because the main game just completely killed any love I had for the franchise.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it'll be interesting to see if 2K brings their eventual sim NFL game to switch only to see if EA responds

Raigor

May 14, 2020
it'll be interesting to see if 2K brings their eventual sim NFL game to switch only to see if EA responds

2K can't make NFL sim games.
That's exclusive to EA, 2K has a license for non-sim NFL titles

From T2 earnings
Announced, together with The National Football League (NFL), a multi-year partnership encompassing multiple future video games. The partnership marks the return of football-themed games to 2K's stable of notable sports titles and original IP, as well as an expansion of video game properties for the NFL. The games will be non-simulation football game experiences, which will launch starting in calendar year 2021, during Take-Two's fiscal year 2022.

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018
Maybe this isn't vapor ware after all:

Agent.0.0.jpg

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2K can't make NFL sim games.
That's exclusive to EA, 2K has a license for non-sim NFL titles
I know about the non-sim games, but I just see this as a stepping stone to non-sim titles at some point. might be harder for EA to keep exclusivity when renegotiation comes up