• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
I want to hear from Cloud Chamber Studio more than these two :(

Oh well, some more waiting for the next BioShock.

May 10, 2019
tumblr_oprtymNDXe1txj8weo2_500.gifv

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I sure do hope it is the next Mafia. Despite the repetitive nature of the missions, Mafia III was really enjoyable. The DLC were great, too.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
No Bioshock news cuz that's Cloud Chamber.

Assuming it's two games, I'll say Mafia 4 (though I hope it isn't) and a new IP.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
It was so good that the game play parts let it down. It should have been a netflix or hbo show
The story literally carried the game. Did not think that was possible in the medium.

Still one of the most memorable cutscenes in any game for me:

The way the game used historical events, like MLK and RFK's assassinations and Vietnam's escalation was fantastic. The story was a damn labor of love.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
It might have been canned and gone back to the Mafia 4 pitch where it's in Vegas.The superhero game would have been disappointing considering the other pitches.

I didn't think we knew much about the superhero game at all. In any case, that'd be disappointing. I really don't give a fuck about a Mafia game.

Gouf

May 17, 2018
Mafia III really hit it out of the park in terms of story. Hopefully they feel less pressured to put open world bloat in their next game as the actual gameplay of Mafia III felt really, really good, especially the shooting.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
The story literally carried the game. Did not think that was possible in the medium.

Still one of the most memorable cutscenes in any game for me:

The way the game used historical events, like MLK and RFK's assassinations and Vietnam's escalation was fantastic. The story was a damn labor of love.

I occasionally have this game pop up in my head from time to time because even then I could see they wanted to take the story a bit further then what you'd expect for a big game like this with the subject matter involved but the gameplay impressions from various posters always scares me away.

I know on PC there are mods you can use to fix the grind, maybe I need to look into to those and see if they help solve some of the issues with the game.

Also I'll leave this here:
giphy.gif

This gif always kills me. The mirror world Lincoln suddenly turning around and making the real world Lincoln to fire back in shock always cracks me up.

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
Jun 13, 2018
nice. ended up really loving mafia 3. bounced off it almost immediately when it came out, but picked it up again last year for some reason and.. awesome game.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Really loved Mafia III. The shooting and story and writing and acting were all aces.

Open world obviously needed the most work, but even then I could appreciate what they were going for.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm low-key very excited for what 2K has planned for next generation. New Bioshock, new Hangar 13 IP, new Firaxis IP, projects with Sumo Digital, lots of interesting stuff in their pipeline.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
I hope the next Mafia game is closer to the first two Mafia games, they are both still incredible.. Mafia III was, not good, to put it mildly