• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
More and more, I feel comfortable waiting until the libraries are built up more. So maybe next fall-ish I'll be more on board with the idea of upgrading?

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Super hyped but that's only cause I am a real dork about new tech and I can't wait to try it out.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
How are you all feeling?

Feeling like I'm good with my PC, PS4Pro and Switch for quite a while. Neither Sony or MS has shown me enough to fork out $500/600 this year or probably even next year. I'm content to wait for a hardware revision and pricedrop/bundle for PS5 like I did for PS4 ($299 Uncharted Collection bundle holiday 2015). I'm in 2022 range and by then stuff like Miles Morales and Ratchet will be $20 titles along with a more mature library and launch console bugs and kinks ironed out. My only 'oh shit I need to play that now!' title is the Medium and I can grab that on PC. Same with RE8.....

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Personally? I'm feeling pretty much nothing at all. I don't tend to care about new console releases until I see the first must-grab game. Right now, I'm not quite there yet.

As someone who covers the industry to some extent, it's still sort of an exciting time. But I don't intend to purchase either console at launch.
Imagine if DA4 was a launch title... *gasps*

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I am far more excited about getting a 3070 or 3080 than I am with either console. Neither of them have blown me away, and price rumors have really put a damper on any excitement I had. At this point in 2013 I was frothing at the mouth for the new systems. This time around I wouldn't care if they were delayed a year.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
I wish I was more hyped about the launch but I'm struggling to get enthusiastic at the moment.
Launch games are still looking a bit sketchy but I live in hope that both companies have a couple of aces up their sleaves.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's wild, because I still feel like I know nothing about the consoles except how they look.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I really don't feel like there are more than a small handful of games that I want to play that I won't be able to play just fine on my 1X over the next 12 months....having said that, if Series X or PS5 are priced aggressively enough, I'd still probably try to pick one up this year.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno. I think I'd feel better about Xbox if they had a cheaper sku than just the Series X...

I guess that's just wishful thinking though, they would surely have announced such a thing by now.

thatsbait.gif

OzPrime

Oct 29, 2017
Annoyed. Frankly, I'm tired of this tapdance around the last, important pieces of the puzzle. At this point I don't care about another info or news unless it's prices, release dates and pre-order info.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That's me more and more everyday.
There seems to be zero reason to purchase one this year. Not sure anybody has.
Having said that, I'll get the X if it does get released if only because MS supports the country I live in.. can't say that much about Sony. Eventually, I'll have both.

"there is zero reason to buy one but I'm going to get one anyway" is exactly why they are a) coming out this year and b) both Sony and MS know they can get away with this breadcrumb marketing strategy.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
I'm just tired of this game of pricing chicken. It's like watching two idiots that have already driven off the cliff still stare at each other. The point where that game mattered is long passed.

MotherFan

Oct 27, 2017
Next gen starts Sept 17th. Gonna grab a 3080 and push my ps5 purchase off till there are some exclusives that are must haves for me.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I get that, but they have had months to plan. They are set on making the holiday 2020 timeline so they should be marketting their new machines that are coming out in less then 75 days.
Honestly, I just have to assume they want to be cautious as to what they can promise/promote and not over-sale and under-sale their offering. 2020 has place so many unknowns into the pot I could imagine what the planning looks like in the side
I highly doubt this is the only reason they're taking this long. This excuse works but you can't handwave everything because of COVID.

Right, we really don't know until all of this is over and more information is presented. I know it is a head trip waiting for these cool new consoles. But every industry has seen a significant impact due to the pandemic, it is hard.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't be less excited to be honest. Probably take a year for them to justify the price they'll be imo

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready but I'm not hyped like I usually am at this point. Outside of Miles Morales, there's not a lot I'm looking forward to that's next gen only at launch and even that one I'm not super hyped for since it's not really Spider-Man 2. Ironically, I'm more excited to play BC games that are getting upgrades like Avengers or possibly getting upgrades like Ghosts of Tsushima.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just ready to lock in a PS5 pre-order at this point. I don't even really care what the price is, I just want to have it pre-ordered so I know I'm good to go come launch day.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
At this point it's just pettiness from both of them to not reveal price. People might say pandemic but let's be real announcing a price can be done with a simple press release. I have no hype about it, It's just something I will think about when they release.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking the only next-gen experience this year will be Cyberpunk on my 3080, not on either of the consoles.

nuttyevans

Nov 8, 2017
I'm sure I'll get more into it when the launch excitement is in full swing, but right now I am in absolutely no rush.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't even know they were coming out this year. I'm more curious about their pricing. Might be too early to panic, but if there's still nothing next month, then time to panic.

I have a feeling both companies made very expensive consoles and now they're stuck in a bad place trying to wait each other out. They hadn't expected a global pandemic + global recession. They'll have to undercut each other while taking heavy losses on hardware if they want it to sell. People's wallets are empty and they might not be able to afford them.

This is just my theory.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I am excited for the games revealed for PS5 and will very likely get one day one, but I am not that hyped at the moment. Sony has released to little info for that to be the case. Need a date, a price, and most of all more footage of actual games running on the thing. I get that COVID is happening, but if they actually intend to release in two months, then they have enough to reveal. If nothing substantially is revealed this month, however, I will start to suspect that they are genuinely not ready and are pushing ahead anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
They're coming.
They'll be priced around $499 or so.
They'll release in November.

I understand that people are thirsty for information, but the tone was set in 2013 when Microsoft went first and Sony famously countered with the black text on white background PowerPoint slide with an undercut price. They're playing chicken, and whether or not we get the info soon, just have 500 bucks or so set aside and you'll be good to go.

Damn, me to a T. I have money set aside for both. I'll get a few games and continue gaming on the games that I already have on the new consoles. I bought Last of Us 2 on launch day, I'll finally play on my PS5. Same with The Witched 3, on PS5. Cyberpunk will get played on the XSX. Might get Control now for XSX.

I'm more excited about the Galaxy Tab S7 I've preordered to be honest though.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I didn't even know they were coming out this year. I'm more curious about their pricing. Might be too early to panic, but if there's still nothing next month, then time to panic.

I have a feeling both companies made very expensive consoles and now they're stuck in a bad place trying to wait each other out. They hadn't expected a global pandemic + global recession. They'll have to undercut each other while taking heavy losses on hardware if they want it to sell. People's wallets are empty and they might not be able to afford them.

This is just my theory.

Game and console sales have been up. Early adopters are usually the ones with cash to buy them. Look at that Nvidia thread where people talking bout the $699 video card as a great price.

I don't think Sony would have increased production if they didn't think this thing was going to be able to sell or that it was going to take losses that they can't recoup on game and services sales.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Honestly, the old way seems silly now.

Announcing everything at E3, and then being like "ok everyone, see you in 6 months".

Like, who cares? Who is that for? In this day and age, and with supply always being limited anyway, it really doesn't fuckin matter. Find something else to do.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't really care.
I'll get a PS5 eventually (after the slim comes out & first price drop) but both MS and Sony aren't really doing a good job of hyping everyone especially for a new gen. Might just be the Era bubble though

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Im fine with what PS5 has shown so far. PS4 games enhanced to some extent, a decent sized Spider-Man spinoff, Demon's Souls in the launch window, Bugsnax, and a generations-worth of PS exclusives to follow. Bring it in November at or below $499 and im there.

Im sure there are plenty of other exciting things that haven't been revealed, but I really dont need to know every single goddamn detail about the box. One thing i would like to know is how many USB ports it has but obviously that information will come and certainly isn't make or break on my purchase

RogerL

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine if DA4 was a launch title... *gasps*

I think they let Battlefield take the full responsibility to release a next gen and PC only title - confirmed.
Then DA4 will release, consider what tech Frostbite has shown already
- long natural looking hair
- AI playing Battlefield
DA:I was cross gen. and suffered, they won't do that again...

Min

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care. I'm not really paying attention to any console news and if I do it's mostly with a shrug because I have no interest in purchasing something that will take years to flesh out. I think after reading this thread, I do realize just how wild it is that there's basically no information for a release that's 2 months away, no gameplay footage of tentpole release day titles, no UI, no price, no hands ons. It's probably chaos for internal development studios, and if it weren't too late into production cycle, I wouldn't be surprised if these were delayed to mid-2021 or next holiday.