• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Daily reminder that the Myers-Briggs Test is psychometrically awful and relies upon you projecting onto the "types" it outputs just like Astrology does to make it appear valid and accurate.

I know it's a killjoy, but psychologists want nothing more than this to be wiped off of the face of the earth. Especially given that there are so many legitimate personality inventories you can be taking like Big Five, HEXACO, etc.
Oh, come on. As a fellow psychologist, there is nothing wrong with someone taking these personality tests for fun. No one is using this in this thread for diagnostic or employment decisions. Take your nofunallowed.jpg elsewhere.

With that being said, I was Advocate Personality INFJ-A / INFJ-T. Both the descriptions for my and my partner's results were incredibly accurate lol

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I'm an Advocate. Reading the description for that type, it reinforces my interest in wanting to go into public office.

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
I've been taking this test in this site for a few years (mostly out of boredom) and I used to get a lot of Architect (INTJ) and Logician (INTP) results but now it's really shoehorning me into Mediator (INFP) LOL

I don't think I'm much of a diplomat (I rarely say things just to appease people especially if I think it's a very wrong thing), probably more of an analyst. What is frustrating is that I'm seeing a lot of these tests incorporated into HR selection processes and it's kinda scary to think you could lose a job because of a different letter in your test results.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Logician. I read the whole thing through and I'd say it's 60-70% accurate... enough to be helpful, particularly the romantic relationships section.

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, come on. As a fellow psychologist, there is nothing wrong with someone taking these personality tests for fun. No one is using this in this thread for diagnostic or employment decisions. Take your nofunallowed.jpg elsewhere.

With that being said, I was Advocate Personality INFJ-A / INFJ-T. Both the descriptions for my and my partner's results were incredibly accurate lol

Any psychologist that suggests the Myers Briggs should lose their degree.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Any psychologist that suggests the Myers Briggs should lose their degree.
Again, who in here is using this as a diagnostic tool? Who in here is telling people they should base their life off of the results of this test? No one. If people want to have fun and take the test and they find out that it's accurate for them..I see no issue with that.

Oct 27, 2017
I love this shit and don't give a fuck how accurate people think it supposedly is or isn't.

I spent most of my life testing ISTP, gained much greater confidence in my original thoughts and intuition and started testing INTP, and after developing better emotional intelligence am now INFP. I've changed a fucking ton since my ISTP days.