• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
16 personalities isn't the best, but I wager a lot of you will be NT and NF types, with overrespresentation of them compared to the general population. This forum isn't good for SF types and ST types tend to be too busy with "real life/work" to use often lol.

You couldn't be more wrong. Se isn't focused on the real world, its focus on the moment. If your hobbies as a Se dom coincide with a virtual activity, and in the case of STPs (which I'm a part of) involve using your Ti, then bang here we are. I can also see why we seem detached to a lot of people since this is more of an outlet we actually don't really put much emotional investment / value in at all (the whole forums stuff), as opposed to the mental stimulation it provides

As a reminder, there's an ungodly amount of STs in law jobs (lawyers in particular) / engineering and you'd find a lot of them on forums associated to it

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
ENFP-T
Type: Turbulent campaigner
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Social Engagement

I'd be a bit of an angry diplomat... but it makes sense lol

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Adventurer."

Okay.

That seems like an optimistic outlook.

"I change during the course of a day. I wake and I'm one person, and when I go to sleep I know for certain I'm somebody else.
Bob Dylan"

Oh. Well then. I don't think they have me pegged quite right.

ISFP-T. I have zero faith in this.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Daily reminder that the Myers-Briggs Test is psychometrically awful and relies upon you projecting onto the "types" it outputs just like Astrology does to make it appear valid and accurate.

I know it's a killjoy, but psychologists want nothing more than this to be wiped off of the face of the earth. Especially given that there are so many legitimate personality inventories you can be taking like Big Five, HEXACO, etc.
Indeed.

Oct 27, 2017
Meyers-Briggs again? I've been taking it for so many years, it changes every time I take it. If this was your first exposure to it, then "welcome" I guess.

Superblatt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Executive. ESTJ-A / ESTJ-T

Guess I'm in the right line of work after all, and it also appears like I'm the lone person wort that result in the whole thread.

Last edited:

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I've been consistently ENTP, haven't seen one in this thread.

But I think it's a load of crap anyway.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Way back I had INTJ, but now I get Mediator INFP-A / INFP-T. I think I have changed since I last took this kind of test 10 years ago or so, so it makes sense.

Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Being a part of the Diplomat Role group, Mediators are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – Mediators are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the Mediator personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.
J. R. R. Tolkien
At their best, these qualities enable Mediators to communicate deeply with others, easily speaking in metaphors and parables, and understanding and creating symbols to share their ideas. Fantasy worlds in particular fascinate Mediators, more than any other personality type. The strength of their visionary communication style lends itself well to creative works, and it comes as no surprise that many famous Mediators are poets, writers and actors. Understanding themselves and their place in the world is important to Mediators, and they explore these ideas by projecting themselves into their work.

Mediators have a talent for self-expression, revealing their beauty and their secrets through metaphors and fictional characters.

Mediators' ability with language doesn't stop with their native tongue, either – as with most people who share the Diplomat personality types, they are considered gifted when it comes to learning a second (or third!) language. Their gift for communication also lends itself well to Mediators' desire for harmony, a recurring theme with Diplomats, and helps them to move forward as they find their calling.

Unlike their Extraverted cousins though, Mediators will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause – spread too thinly, they'll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can't fix. This is a sad sight for Mediators' friends, who will come to depend on their rosy outlook.

If they are not careful, Mediators can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands. Mediators often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, Mediators may start to lose touch, withdrawing into "hermit mode", and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.

Luckily, like the flowers in spring, Mediator's affection, creativity, altruism and idealism will always come back, rewarding them and those they love perhaps not with logic and utility, but with a world view that inspires compassion, kindness and beauty wherever they go.

Sweet, maybe I should write a book after all :)

edit: Haha, ResetEra is full of Mediators, so unsurprising.

Last edited:

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting how INFJ is suppose to be one of the rarest types, yet is overwhelmingly accounted for in this thread.

I used to come up as INFJ a lot whenever I take these tests, but now more often I'm likely to come up as ISFJ.

Speaking of ISFJ, it's the opposite of INFJ. One of the most common types, yet almost nobody has claimed to have gotten it here.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
I'm wary of these kind of sites. I don't think it's a good idea to give them all this data.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I got: these tests are bullshit and people who live their lives by them are unbearable.

I think this is the first time I got "Mediator" whatever the fuck that is. It fascinates me how much people love this kind of thing and so need to be able to put themselves in a box to retroactively explain their lives.

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
1% INFJ advocate unicorn 🦄
What do you call two unicorns?
Gb47JSh.png

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
You couldn't be more wrong. Se isn't focused on the real world, its focus on the moment. If your hobbies as a Se dom coincide with a virtual activity, and in the case of STPs (which I'm a part of) involve using your Ti, then bang here we are. I can also see why we seem detached to a lot of people since this is more of an outlet we actually don't really put much emotional investment / value in at all (the whole forums stuff), as opposed to the mental stimulation it provides

As a reminder, there's an ungodly amount of STs in law jobs (lawyers in particular) / engineering and you'd find a lot of them on forums associated to it
Do nut argue with me! lol

Yes STPs can be huge nerds too, but as you say, you don't value "forum community" stuff as much as some other types (let's face it, generally stps are better at socializing in real life and don't need forums as their only connection to people lol). And yes xstj are everywhere in law and maths and whatever else, but I said this forum specifically, which gears toward vidyagames and leftist politics. There are exceptions. Perhamps you are one! I was talking about generalities of mbti types, so don't cry to me about being persecuted as an Se dom/aux.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I took one of these years ago and got ENFP, and a year ago I took this one and got INFP which I think is more fitting of myself.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Do nut argue with me! lol

Yes STPs can be huge nerds too, but as you say, you don't value "forum community" stuff as much as some other types (let's face it, generally stps are better at socializing in real life and don't need forums as their only connection to people lol). And yes xstj are everywhere in law and maths and whatever else, but I said this forum specifically, which gears toward vidyagames and leftist politics. There are exceptions. Perhamps you are one! I was talking about generalities of mbti types, so don't cry to me about being persecuted as an Se dom/aux.

Crying to you about being persecuted as a Se dom ? STPs are pretty rare and sought after. If anything the being persecuted is on the other way more than most of the times :)

Heeeeeh, I was just making a point. I do value communities and learned to develop my inferior function quite well, to such an extent that most people think I'm a Ni dom at times (which is fun, I'll take that haha).

Your feelings are valid

Oct 26, 2017
Got ISTJ

Can't say I disagree with the descriptors: responsible but blunt and stubborn

I remember I did this at work and I was the only ISJT (logistician) and EVERYONE else was a ENJT (commander). Was a weird management meeting.

Last edited:

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh the sorting hat of psychology. It will tell you your type unless you *really* think you belong in Gryffindor.

It's astrology for nerds.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Mediator.

Doesn't sound right to be honest. I'm not very creative or good with words, though I greatly appreciate people who are. I also do a lot data analysis so yeah that doesn't fit either. Totally on point about some things though.

Maybe I didn't answer as truthfully as I thought.

BeatnikGunso

Oct 25, 2017
I got

INTJ-T

even if this is a lot of baloney it does fit me to a tee

the irony is that me questioning the test actually fits with the personality type oof

LuckyLocke

Avenger
Nov 27, 2017
ESTP-T
Entrepreneur.
Some parts are definitely accurate but its not a carbon copy of who I am that's for sure.

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently I'm a Commander ENTJ-A/T. It does accurately fits my career and other personal experiences, but I doubt a 10 min online test is scientifically precise enough to determine one's true personality type.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Meyers-Briggs tests are always bs. I've never been able to nail a consistent result with this test.

I got the Protagonist - ENFJ

I'm literally an introvert...or rather one of those ambivert that leans closer to introversion, and I'm definitely not an emotionally driven person.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Ended up with Virtuoso (ISTP-T) but at the same time the weaknesses described are the complete opposite of stuff I entered and disliking commitment? There's an explicit question about long term planning and I agreed strongly with that. The strengths all seem like pat yourself on the back, catch-all phrasing, a few I disagreed to being even.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
It actually makes sense. You dont really need to take that kind of questionnaire to know bout your personality. Your personality is what you are doing everyday. If you spend your day enraged on someone, big chance your personality is an angry person

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still can't believe I took this test seriously at one point.

ISFJ here or whatever the hell my mood happens to be when I retake it

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
I got this:

Personality type: "The Robert Downey JR" (ENFP-A) (also known as The Campaigner)
Individual traits: Extraverted – 67%, Intuitive – 74%, Feeling – 74%, Prospecting – 63%, Assertive – 58%
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: People Mastery

I'd say I agree with most of it, but a lot of it can change depending on various variables and situations. Definitely a people's person, which unfortunately doesn't come across on the internet very well.