• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Someone mentioned this to me in work as a laugh, so I decided to do it.

Got Virtuoso ISTP A.
But the text is contradictory:
"The biggest issue Virtuosos are likely to face is that they often act too soon, taking for granted their permissive nature and assuming that others are the same. They'll be the first to tell an insensitive joke, get overly involved in someone else's project, roughhouse and play around, or suddenly change their plans because something more interesting came up."

Then the next paragraph:
"Virtuosos will come to learn that many other personality types have much more firmly drawn lines on rules and acceptable behavior than they do – they don't want to hear an insensitive joke, and certainly wouldn't tell one back, and they wouldn't want to engage in horseplay, even with a willing party. "

Some of the full report sounds like me but that shouldn't be too surprising since these things are designed that way.

Edit: I think I misread it, but I'll leave this post. Either way, I hate insensitive jokes.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Your mileage will vary with the accuracy of these, but I find them to be really accurate for me. I'm INTP-T (Logician), for the record. I love the emails they send on occasion.

Also, I highly recommend the premium profile purchase if you feel that your results are accurate. I purchased all of them. They really helped me to understand myself and my co-workers better, and the profiles even give you pointers on how to deal with different personality types in different areas of your life, whether it's dealing with co-workers, dating or even raising kids.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Took this like a year ago and got Logician. It's just another "buy our super legit self help program and be a better human" so I ignored it.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I normally get INTJ (architect) when I do these but as I get older I've softened up a bit it seems.

Got:
INFJ-A Advocate
Diplomat
Confident Individualism

I don't really buy the overly sensitive part.

Apparently the same as Jon Snow, Aragorn, and... Nelson Mandela/MLK.

Also the rarest type in the world.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I usually end up with INFJ. This time I got INFP
Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
If you want a great personality test, I highly recommend doing a Strengthsfinder 2.0 assessment. I have actually used the traits it assigned me to talk about myself in a job interview.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Daily reminder that the Myers-Briggs Test is psychometrically awful and relies upon you projecting onto the "types" it outputs just like Astrology does to make it appear valid and accurate.

I know it's a killjoy, but psychologists want nothing more than this to be wiped off of the face of the earth. Especially given that there are so many legitimate personality inventories you can be taking like Big Five, HEXACO, etc.

Myers-Briggs should be taken with a grain of salt, but it's at least based on something. Astrology is based on nothing.

Oct 27, 2017
INTP-T
Turbulent Logician
They love patterns, and spotting discrepancies between statements could almost be described as a hobby, making it a bad idea to lie to a Logician. This makes it ironic that Logicians' word should always be taken with a grain of salt – it's not that they are dishonest, but people with the Logician personality type tend to share thoughts that are not fully developed, using others as a sounding board for ideas and theories in a debate against themselves rather than as actual conversation partners.

Domino Theory

Ripple Effect Studios
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
Got the same as you, OP! Surprisingly accurate. Let's sit far away from each other and work on our own projects together, OP. :)

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These tests are always dumb but I got 99% introverted and 81% turbulent indicating that I'm an insecure introvert which, you know, no shit.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Myers-Briggs should be taken with a grain of salt, but it's at least based on something. Astrology is based on nothing.
Myers-Briggs is based off a (non-psychologist) mother-daughter novelist duos idea that they should make personality types like Jung did (whose were not empirical at that time either) and make money off of it, so they did. And here we are.

Basically, someone has some stereotypes in mind, creates a typology of those stereotypes, and writes those stereotypes in a manner that they seem specific but are actually super broad, and spreads them, motivated by things besides empirical inquiry or accuracy, which they do not hold up to. That's astrology. That's Myers-Briggs. Both serve to perpetuate a fixed, singular, antiquated, and often stereotypical view of who people are.

I'd recommend Adam Ruins Everything's episode on dating which does a nice job of summing it up how baseless it is.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Myers-Briggs is based off a (non-psychologist) mother-daughter novelist duos idea that they should make personality types like Jung did (whose were not empirical at that time either) and make money off of it, so they did. And here we are.

Basically, someone has some stereotypes in mind, creates a typology of those stereotypes, and writes those stereotypes in a manner that they seem specific but are actually super broad, and spreads them, motivated by things besides empirical inquiry or accuracy, which they do not hold up to. That's astrology. That's Myers-Briggs. Both serve to perpetuate a fixed, singular, antiquated, and often stereotypical view of who people are.

I'd recommend Adam Ruins Everything's episode on dating which does a nice job of summing it up how baseless it is.

I can and have taken multiple Myers-Briggs tests in my lifetime. And despite there being 16 different possible profiles, I get the same result every time I take the test. Some people might take the test multiple times and get similiar results, but not wildly different ones. Astrology, however, doesn't even really make the attempt at having tests to predict what sign you are. Your sign is assigned at birth. You read into everything knowing what your sign is immediately.

Now, does this mean that Myer-Briggs is actually useful? No. Is it scientific? No. Can you read an explanation of your assigned personality and believe it is more accurate than it really is because of the Barnum/Forer effect? Yes. But there is a clear and distinct difference between what Myers-Briggs does and what Astrology does.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your personality type is:
Protagonist
ENFJ-T

Everything you do right now ripples outward and affects everyone. Your posture can shine your heart or transmit anxiety. Your breath can radiate love or muddy the room in depression. Your glance can awaken joy. Your words can inspire freedom. Your every act can open hearts and minds.
Protagonists are natural-born leaders, full of passion and charisma. Forming around two percent of the population, they are oftentimes our politicians, our coaches and our teachers, reaching out and inspiring others to achieve and to do good in the world. With a natural confidence that begets influence, Protagonists take a great deal of pride and joy in guiding others to work together to improve themselves and their community.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
I got Commander.

Lot of what it says really applies to me but some, not so much (or underdeveloped mostly).

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Advocate INFJ T just as every time I do these, whatever the questions.

Era is an army of Jon Snows and Aragorns, who would have thought ?

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Mediator. Gives me way too much credit for being withdrawn and insecure.

That's what I was thinking lol.
Same here and while a lot of what it says is indeed true, it is definitely painting a better picture.

It reads like they need to find something very nice to write for each profile.
Of course it does, it's still pandering

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Your personality type is:
Logician
INTP-T

The Logician personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there's nothing they'd be more unhappy about than being "common". Logicians pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, Logicians have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I always get INFP on these things. But this test is complete bullshit and should not be taken seriously at all.

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
ea625a3b1bb7984001724e8391bc289f.png

thinking.jpg

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I've taken this three or four times over the span of a few years, and I still consistently get INFJ, "The Advocate"

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
When I took the test in german I got mediator, when I took it in english I got logician.

I feel like this is kinda horoscopy, which is something a logician would say.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Architect
INTJ-T

As usual.

LOL, they have Nolan listed as an "Architect." Is that why I like his films so much?

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Mediator INFP-A / INFP-T, apparently.

I wouldn't put much trust into these tests. I had a lot of "I don't know" answers and I know my answers would change on different days.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hey samwise gamgee and captain america are defenders as well. i'm in good company.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing the test is good for is finding out people's preferences. Which is a handy thing in of itself but it's essentially cold reading in questionnaire form.

Reason why it feels accurate is because you have just told it what you like/dislike on a 4 topics and then places you into one of two groups for each of those topics. This then creates the 16 groups which makes some simple deductions based on the combinations.