• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blackjaw

Nov 21, 2017
ESTJ

Interesting because as I get older I've changed from an ENTJ to ESTJ. I'm always very consistent.

This one has me as an "executive".

May 26, 2018
Daily reminder that the Myers-Briggs Test is psychometrically awful and relies upon you projecting onto the "types" it outputs just like Astrology does to make it appear valid and accurate.

I know it's a killjoy, but psychologists want nothing more than this to be wiped off of the face of the earth. Especially given that there are so many legitimate personality inventories you can be taking like Big Five, HEXACO, etc.

tenor.png

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Advocate - INFJ-t

I've taken one of these every 3-5 years for the past 25 years. I always get the same result.

All psychological models are artifice. Freud, the creator of the model of huge tracts of psychological theory, "just made it up" also. How useful models are is always debatable. If they get people to think about their personality and how they engage the world, it's useful. People shouldn't feel constrained by any of it but rather use it as a model to work from, especially if they're experiencing some deficit in their lives.

The questionability of psychological models is why evidence based models such as cognitive behavioral theory are preferred by and compensated by insurance companies. However the utility of psychodynamic analysis and therapy is hard to argue against when we get into philosophical "unhappy with life, self, etc" territory.

Last edited:

Yebele

Nov 2, 2017
entertainer. i got this bullshit marliyn monroe quote

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you surely don't deserve me at my best."

fuck that. i dont agree with that at all

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
ENFJ-T / Protagonist.

OK. Yea, the description sounds about right.

"Protagonists are natural-born leaders, full of passion and charisma. Forming around two percent of the population, they are oftentimes our politicians, our coaches and our teachers, reaching out and inspiring others to achieve and to do good in the world. With a natural confidence that begets influence, Protagonists take a great deal of pride and joy in guiding others to work together to improve themselves and their community. "

I was President of 3 of the largest student-run organizations at the University of Michigan and on the e-board of the largest student-run organization in the world. I really enjoyed helping people and creating an environment for others to have fun and learn in.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
If we assume that the 27,500 number are paying subscribers and the lowest tier is $29 and the average tier $79 theyve probably made a million or two dollars. To me this is very remniscient of the tiny little ads self-help book strategy of the 90s.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Got INTJ-T.

Apparently about only 2% of the population is this. Even fewer for women. I'm assuming this test means nothing.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
ISFP, but the description doesn't sound much like me at all other and being focused on the arts

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
16 personalities isn't the best, but I wager a lot of you will be NT and NF types, with overrespresentation of them compared to the general population. This forum isn't good for SF types and ST types tend to be too busy with "real life/work" to use often lol.

I prefer mbti over ocean/hexaco because it's more meaningful, as the latter doesn't actually give you a "good picture" of a person vs the mbti types being at least like "characters" you can develop a good understanding of as a base of each person.

INTJ and INFJ will find the most use out of mbti in general. INTP tend to have love-hate relationship to it due to poor scientific rigour and validation of the thing, ENTP and ENTJ are most likely to use it for career/business level stuff, INFP and ENFP tend to enjoy mbti but mostly as a hobby like astrology, and the rest of people usually only have a passing interest in it lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 45211

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Wouldn't you have to think it's accurate, considering it asks you questions about what you think you are like?

To over-simplify, if you pick a bunch of "I prefer to stay home with a book rather than go to the bar with friends" answers then it'll pick a personality that is a "quiet type."

The same thing with those "5 Love Languages" things.

"I think giving gifts to people is very important."
"Your Love Language is..... gift-giving."
:o

BRsomebody

Oct 28, 2017
Doylestown, PA
The first time I did the mbti was in middle school and got INFJ, and I've gotten that and E/INFJ at different points in my life since, every other year or so for various reasons.

I've always thought that it was interesting but much like enneagrams it's really up to the individual to interpret. It can definitely help someone "find themselves" maybe, but it's important to note that everyone can be every combination of markers in different situations. It's a good start for understanding Jungian psychology basics though so that's neat.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of late on this, but isn't Big Five the only one that is reliable from a clinical point of view?
Can't really answer that because I'm not a clinician, but reliability and predictive capabilities or diagnostic abilities are two different things. There's a wealth of literature on the reliability of various Big Five inventories, and personality psychologists are amongst the most rigorous out.

I'd imagine things like Dark Triad personality traits might be more relevant for clinicians to test for but again, I wouldn't know. Personality inventories like Big Five are popular in personality and social psychology who look more at non-clinical populations, that's for certain.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I got the Mediator type and what it says is basically what my parents, friends and psychiatrist say about me.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Did the 1st page, saw it was just 10% of the whole thing and closed the tab... wonder which of the 16 personalities that puts me in.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
INFP, Mediator. Always got this result from lots of different sites, so I dunno maybe there is some truth. Always on the edge between Extrovert/Introvert, 49/51 split.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Adventurer

ISFP-A / ISFP-T
(i don't know what do these means)

And as always with these test, it's really not accurate, from the reading they got 1 or 2 things right but the majority is off the mark

alekth

Mar 2, 2019
INTP, which is what I usually get. Have gotten ISTP once or twice, and actually thinks it fits better (aside from the really tactile obsession).

Not worth much to me, but useful for creating characters in RPGs.

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
Virtuoso
The quote pretty much sums me up

I wanted to live the life, a different life. I didn't want to go to the same place every day and see the same people and do the same job. I wanted interesting challenges.
HARRISON FORD