• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a psychologist type. The Myers Briggs has been repeatedly debunked and is not a part of the modern canon of psych science.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Daily reminder that the Myers-Briggs Test is psychometrically awful and relies upon you projecting onto the "types" it outputs just like Astrology does to make it appear valid and accurate.

I know it's a killjoy, but psychologists want nothing more than this to be wiped off of the face of the earth. Especially given that there are so many legitimate personality inventories you can be taking like Big Five, HEXACO, etc.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't even need to take the test. I've been INFP for years every time I've done it.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
I thought the Myers-Briggs test was ditched for OCEAN/Big Five?

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.
I've gotten the mediator every single time I've taken this without fail

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Prefer to look at tea leaves whenever I'm down for a dose of bullshit.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Mediator. Gives me way too much credit for being withdrawn and insecure.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Logician
INTP-T

nkgr8t-b88346746z.120150227200010000ggg88mj1.20.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I'm always a mediator. I'm more interested in how other people see me though, I don't trust my ability to accurately answer those questions or describe myself.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
It's a fun test to take, but don't take it too seriously. It's pop-psychology at best and not really an actual way to gauge your personality. I've taken it a few times, and rarely end up with the same result.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Campaigner
ENFP-A / ENFP-T
"It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing. It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool – for love – for your dreams – for the adventure of being alive."

used to be INFP but have become increasingly more ambivert as I get older. 56% Extrovert to 44% Introvert, seems about right for these days, although I'd say it's closer to 50/50.

I like this personality type and I get it consistently, along with INFP. I can relate to it, or want to be like it, well enough that I'd say it's accurate. I'd say my social skills haven't necessarily caught up to my extroversion though, if that makes sense.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I've often gotten different things purely from answering differently depending on my mood. It's a fun thing at first, but then it falls apart after you take it a few times and realize how ambiguous some of the questions are.
Daily reminder that the Myers-Briggs Test is psychometrically awful and relies upon you projecting onto the "types" it outputs just like Astrology does to make it appear valid and accurate.

I know it's a killjoy, but psychologists want nothing more than this to be wiped off of the face of the earth. Especially given that there are so many legitimate personality inventories you can be taking like Big Five, HEXACO, etc.
Are there accurate online Big Five tests?

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've taken the test multiple times, got multiple results and they were all scarily accurate, so I'm not sold on it.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm always IS--somethingsomething and these things can never decide which. ISTP? ISTJ? ISFP? I've gotten them all.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Got INTJ, as I do 90% of the time (the other 10% I get INTP).

Myers-Briggs is fun, but pretty much BS. It's nice if you can go 'oh that does sound like me', but I think that's a part of how these are written.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently I'm a Defender (96% introverted, the rest was close to 50/50), but reading the description I can't say I agree with a lot of it. Sometimes they hit the nail on the head, but just as often they'll describe "me" in a way I'm not...at all, so I stopped reading the rest as I found it to be wildly inaccurate. You lied to me OP. You lied.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah. I kinda wish people just dropped it for astrology, or like maybe astrology could add it in somehow? It's fun but it's scary when it's used for businesses.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I am supposedly a Mediator.

Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Never forget that Myers was home-schooled and got a degree in political science.