• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
What are you having for take-out?

Since we're all going to be doing this for awhile, thought it'd be interesting to see what everyone else is doing with their in-home ordering.

I'll get us started,
grahURjl.jpg

Just came back with some boba and red bean flavored egg puffs.

What are you having from take-out Era?

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I don't trust the hygiene of takeaway places at the best of times, so it's home cooking for me from now on.
Just made some delicious khao soi noodles.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
We ordered some fish and chips from our favorite restaurant for that. Supporting our local businesses and all that.

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
love to rash of LA area michelin star restaurants doing family style takeout. gonna order from pasjoli tonight, dialogue tomorrow. vespertine, normally a $400 meal, is doing a $50 per person tasting course! silver linings, folks.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna take out tomorrow. But Black Angus just announced that they are closing all restaurants, and there are no mom and pop steak places near me so I don't know what to do. Maybe my local pizza place, buts it packed on the best of the days, so I don't want to imagine what its like now...

OP
OP
Squarehard

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna take out tomorrow. But Black Angus just announced that they are closing all restaurants, and there are no mom and pop steak places near me so I don't know what to do. Maybe my local pizza place, buts it packed on the best of the days, so I don't want to imagine what its like now...
I do wonder how many lifeline restaurant chains will go down during this time, as they were barely hanging on as is before, but now...

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
We always get pizza on Friday. Tomorrow for dinner we're doing carry out wings.

This week I'm going to stop at the BBQ shack for the lunch special.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just picked up Thai Food an hour ago from my favorite restaurant.

Deep fried shrimp
Fresh Rolls
And Pad Prik Khing <3

I'm glad to see that business for takeout picked up a bit.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Too poor to afford take out. Eating at home, with my bestie's stir fry tofu and peppers recipe on tap for dinner.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Normally Friday is Thai day at our house, but they're closed for now and I honestly don't see how they re-open after this is all over.

We'll be ordering Chinese from our favorite local place.

I've lived in the middle of nowhere before so I know options can be limited, but we've been trying to get stuff from local places rather than chains as much as we can.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I too, found a tea place open near me (there's a couple open, most closed) but they forgot boba >_> Ah well, better than nothing.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Nothing due to the combination of can't eat meat due to lent and not comfortable eating out

Besides don't eat out that frequent to begin with - just been eating homemade food

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna get some Detroit style pizza tonight from our favorite pizza joint. We're only doing it once a week I think.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I do wonder how many lifeline restaurant chains will go down during this time, as they were barely hanging on as is before, but now...

Maybe a couple with heavy competition. Like, there's sooooo many family diner-styled places. Do so many of them that essentially sell the same thing need to be around? (Thinking on a business perspective here, in no way do I want stuff to go away with jobs lost :/)

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
I was thinking Vietnamese, some rice noodles and grilled beef would go down great right now

Have been eating at home more than usual since the shut-down, last night made breakfast for dinner (eggs, beans, toast, bacon). On the downside I'm out of bacon.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
For the past week we've actually been cooking all our meals at home. The wife is super freaked out on ordering take out. I think she's over reacting but she refuses to order out. Well, I guess we've saving money so that's a good thing.

First place I want to eat at when this is all over is my local Tex-Mex place.

Mar 3, 2019
For the past week we've actually been cooking all our meals at home. The wife is super freaked out on ordering take out. I think she's over reacting but she refuses to order out. Well, I guess we've saving money so that's a good thing.

First place I want to eat at when this is all over is my local Tex-Mex place.

To be fair, I got doordash yesterday and the dude had no gloves, touched the insides of the bags and almost shook my hands, warning bells going off in my head. To be fair I got Wendy's today and the lady next to the fryer had gloves on and kept coughing into them and then rubbed her head with the gloves, I was like WTF

eternalblue

Oct 27, 2017
Got orange chicken from my favorite Chinese place the other day. Thought it was a somewhat good sign that when I first tried calling to place an order their phone was busy and I had to call a minute later.

When I went to pick up, there were notices on the doors informing that all employees were wearing masks and gloves for everyone's protection and asking for social distancing. Inside, the man ahead of me motioned me to go ahead of him since he said he had to talk to them and it might take a while. As I was finishing paying, heard him talking to the worker about how as this is one of his favorite places to eat, he was concerned when he saw that DoorDash was showing that they were closed when they were clearly still open and seemed to be trying to help them fix that issue as I left.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I have a bunch of groceries I need to cook but when I'm done I'm def. gonna treat myself to some take out including fucking CRABS baby. I have a crab place nearby and they just sent an email saying they'll be doing delivery. So pumped.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Ordered Chinese food. So much for contact less delivery but they did have gloves on.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We're ordering some Chinese takeout after we get done work and I'm really excited about it. Been staying reasonably healthy and low-calorie through the week but gotta get a cheat day in here and there :p

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a brisket plate. Grocery stores are still bad and have empty shelves, so I'll treat myself to something nice.

hinryu

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Just got some chicken soup from Petit Trois, one of my favorite spots here in LA. So damn sad they will be closing down after Saturday's service. It's fucked up what's happening to the restaurant industry, well to everywhere really.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I had Wendy's drive thru... does that count?

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I ordered and ate a burger and proper chips yesterday, and while I really wanted a pizza today, I went with having soup for dinner. Maybe pizza tomorrow?

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
A soup dumpling shop near my office started offering flash frozen dumplings to take home with a minimum order of 25 bucks, so now I have 15 soup dumplings and 8 pork buns to steam over the next week.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
my birthday is coming up on monday and I always go out for sushi, well thats obviously not happning this year, im hoping they at least do takeout but I havent checked :(

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
It is my daughter's birthday and her favorite pizza is little Caesars so we got even though it is trash. She was happy so it is worth it. The small things...

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm either getting pizza or ordering from my favorite mexican place. They're all local mom and pop places, so I want to do whatever I can to keep'em afloat.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Let's see ...
Thursday I had a schnitzel and Käsespätzle from a German restaurant
Friday I had a fried chicken sandwich and a six pack of beer from a local brewery
Saturday I got a bagel with lox and cream cheese from a local coffee shop
Yesterday I had red curry from a Thai restaurant
Tomorrow night it's New York / New Haven style pizza

Curbside is keeping me fat, keeping my grocery trips down, keeping local businesses afloat, and limiting the gathering of groups.

T0MBraider

Banned
Mar 4, 2020
New Zealand has closed all non-essential businesses, so every takeout shop is closed. McDonald's was nuts yesterday, as everyone was getting their final burger for at least the next month

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How are you guys handling the possibility of the food containers/bags being potentially infected?
Not to mention the dangers of actually going out, line up in the store, and do take-out.

Take-out seems irresponsible to me right now.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I haven't ordered out a full meal in a couple weeks now. Walked down to Boston's North End sunday night and got a bunch of italian pastries from Bova's though. Usually the neighborhood is super busy, but that night, not a soul