• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Check it out

Oct 25, 2017
Take any dormant franchise from Rare and remaster the old games via Bluepoint and begin production on a new iteration.

Banjo, Conker, Perfect Dark,, even Viva Pinata would add to Microsoft's first party arsenal.

Oct 27, 2017
Alundra: make a 2D sprite-based sequel. That's it; just another game in the vein of the first and serve a malnourished niche of the market. Ignore the shitstain of the second game and do a direct sequel to the first. Voila!

OP
OP
SomaXD

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Alundra: make a 2D sprite-based sequel. That's it; just another game in the vein of the first and serve a malnourished niche of the market. Ignore the shitstain of the second game and do a direct sequel to the first. Voila!

Holy shit, yes... Alundra 1 is one of my goto RPGs on PS1... i fucking hate what they did to Alundra 2.

Gimme that amazing 2D art.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
Paper Mario. Make it a freaking RPG and lock Miyamoto up until it releases so he can't screw it up.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Grab Xenoblade.

Replace the monsters with Pokémon.

Keep Pokemon's battle system.

That's it.

DarkShame3

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 26, 2019
Skyrim. More factions, fewer followers, add storylines/quests/more dialogue for followers, in short, have Obsidian re-do it for them.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Castlevania - make another one.
Breath of Fire - make another one that's not mobile.
Alundra - make one like the first one.
Parasite Eve - make another one like the first or second.
The Elder Scrolls - stop allowing me to become the best of everything, instead make me the best of some things and have that impact my objectives when dealing with other guilds/groups/etc.
Fallout - add some damn color, not all can be brown and dead that doesn't even make sense if you have fauna the size that Fallout has.
Pokemon Snap - make another one... or Pokemon - add in a side activity that's essentially Pokemon Snap.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sekrio = add Stats/Level ups/gear
tenor.gif

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
Anthem - sideline the online components. Focus on single-player narrative content.
Destiny 1 & 2 - sideline the online components. Focus on single-player narrative content.
Elite: Dangerous - sideline the online components. Focus on single-player narrative content and QOL improvements.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Kirby: 3D graphics.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: ease the field skills checks.

Stardew Valley: make the cave dungeon more interesting.

Pokémon: acknowledge that the right analog stick exists.

Sleeping Dogs: travel back in time to convince Square on pushing this series. It was so perfect, GTA except better, why they had to cancel the whole thing?

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Take Battlefield remove all the realistic bullshit attempts after BF2 and BF2142

Oct 27, 2017
Take Vampyr or Batman Arkham combat system and make a sprawling city for a Cowboy Bebop game. Sort of like a cyberpunk noir adventure with detective scenes and sleeping dogs type combat shenanigans.

Oh and reverse engineer panzer dragoon saga, remake it and have a Saga 2 sequel too

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Mario Kart:
  • Add an adventure/story mode. Playing through 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, 200cc and mirror mode is not fun.
  • More characters. Previous games had lots of good ones that have been dropped for seemingly no reason. Mario, Metal Mario, Gold Mario and Baby Mario is too much Mario, at least when the rest of the roster is so lackluster.
  • Track creator would be cool. If not for the racing tracks, then for the battle courses.
  • Speaking of battle mode: bring back the elimination balloon battle. The fear of being eliminated when all your balloons were popped was the best part. If it's not included because it would be too annoying for eliminated players to wait until the battle has ended, then just make them join a new battle (kinda how it works when you're killed in Fortnite). Or just make it an option in local multiplayer.
  • Stick to 1 item. Add a 'double dash mode' where you can carry up to 2 again.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Mega Man, by literally making anything new.

Kidding aside, I recently had the thought that it could be fun to have an open world Mega Man game with lots of platforming abilities and different areas to explore from the beginning and you fight the bosses in any order you feel like before confronting the final boss.

Oops, all Breath of the Wild

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mega Man X: Make an alternate universe 'reboot' that keeps the more anime-esque style (with the fancier newer designs shown more recently, like in the TruForce X figures) but with a slightly more grounded setting (emphasis on "slightly") - think Ultimate Spider-Man (but not the rest of Ultimate Marvel, which basically was "everything is 'realistic' and everyone except Spidey is an asshole"). The story should have a greater connection to the 'classic' era of Mega Man (though in this setting would be different than the actual classic games, it's an alternate universe, we can do what we want here), with Kalinka Cossack taking Dr. Cain's role and having succeeded her father (who has retired) as an accomplished robotics expert, with X having been awoken 30 years after his creation, right on schedule. Expand the Maverick Hunters and include some new animal-type reploids who are actually allies, and actually have humans who aren't Dr. Cain actually show up in the story. Oh, and finish the damn story, and not on a fucking sour note that is the implication that humanity and robots are doomed to eternal conflict until the apocalypse happens (as implied by MMZ and MMZX, what with Legends coming after it).

As for gameplay... Copy the core mechanics from Warframe. No, I'm serious, Warframe is basically a Mega Man X game in all but name and looks, right down to the wall-jumping. Replace sprinting with dashing and replace crouch-jumping with air dashing, and modify the weapons to be more Mega Man X-like, and you've got a winner.

Sonic: Same 'reboot' approach as my MMX idea - still generally kid-friendly, but with a more fleshed-out world with a tone and style akin to Avatar: The Last Airbender that's closer to the classic style but with just a bit of 'modern' influence. I'd just get Tyson Hesse to do the designs, really. Provide an explanation for how the animal characters seemingly have superhuman abilities with the 'Mobius Blitz', a more flexible version of the Speed Force from the Flash comics, with Sonic having been born with an innate connection to the Blitz, being capable of Flash-like speeds if he really puts his mind to it. Give Sonic and Eggman something of a history before they become enemies, something like the classic US Sonic 'bible' story with the pair gathering the Chaos Emeralds together, but with Eggman becoming evil only after losing himself to the temptation of using the power of the Chaos Emeralds to take over the world and "show them all" after years of family humiliation after the ARK incident, causing a rift between the pair and a tragic "we used to be friends" vibe with their antagonism, with Sonic hoping one day he can redeem his former friend.

Side-note with the story: I'd either make Princess Elise a 'mobian' or give her a human romantic interest who uses Vanquish-esque power armor and acts as her bodyguard. He's the one who gets killed and revived during the events of the Sonic '06 story, with Sonic basically being his wingman.

As for gameplay, the Sonic Utopia fan-game is probably a good base to work on (though with more focused level design). Focus on solid physics and a heavy emphasis on flow and momentum, with a classic-style philosophy to level design, and take advantage of the nature of the 3D camera to allow players to anticipate obstacles and opportunities to gain speed and reach new routes. The homing attack should have very limited range and mainly be a means to allow players to bounce off enemies while maintaining momentum but with significantly more leeway at high speeds, possibly with longer range the more speed Sonic is moving at. No boost nonsense - you want players to feel like they accomplished their speed most of the time. Also, optionally, integrate more refined versions of the parkour mechanics from Lost World that utilise momentum and speed, activated simply by jumping at a wall and pressing the jump button again in mid-air.

Also, as for controls, put the jump button and spin-dash/crouch on one of the shoulders. Yes, I know, seems like heresy, but barring console controllers making back paddles standard, it's the only way to make a game with jumping work while still retaining camera control (outside of using mouse and keyboard). I've found 3D Sonic works best when the player has total and fine control over the camera.