• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Having trouble seeing images? Click for plaintext version

b1larjlbvue5.png

epuhesxfiuox.png

ga15yje63uq8.png

ktmujkbihuwd.jpg

stdcsv6kpufr.png

54cb0a9q5uhg.png

tqjdme0tiuek.png

ohhwhrayjku3.png

wfcuprmi9kby.png

6uoymg2doug5.png

atmgbidyvkys.png

gkxyglcpxkpb.png

3cb38vw8qk92.png

9bw7zc9ccj5e.png

uc8v0do0ss1n.png

Q: Does the Japanese version include English text?
A: It does! Pick whichever region you prefer, considering which it's easier for you to purchase DLC in.

Q: Is there any cut content between versions?
A: As far as we know, no. The songs included in both versions are the same, including DLC (though the means of obtaining some DLC may differ).

Q: Do I need to get the drum controller?
A: You do not! I think it's plenty fun using the plain ol' Dualshock, but feel free to try out the demo to gauge for yourself.

Q: I didn't get some of the pre-order songs! Will I never be able to play them?
A: Nothing has been officially announced, but historically pre-order songs are sold for 100 yen each some time after launch.

Q: Can I stream the game?
A: Like some other games with licensed music, licensed songs will be removed from any recordings using the Share Button. Music owned by Namco can be shared just fine.

Thanks to Taiko Time and the Taiko Wikihouse for information used in the OT.

TaikoEra PSN IDs

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded it from the HK store and currently playing. Never played Taiko long enough to get good but its a fun game.

Thanks for the OT!

Lardonate

Oct 25, 2017
The demo was up on the JP store and when I downloaded it and played it on my Euro login the demo was in English hah! I was in two minds as to whether or not to go for this but I do love a Rhythm game and I think the demo sold me on it. Even just playing it on pad it was great fun.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
So excited for this! Didn't grab the drum but I'm getting the game. I'm really excited that it's in English just cause it'll make things easier for me. :P

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I've got an HK and JP account. Which is currently the easiest to get currency for and go nuts with this? I had no idea this was coming out.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Mine shipped today from Amazon. Never had the actual drums before, so hyped to say the least.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And I was surprised how cheap it is. Paid more than 130€+tax on PS2, now it's 108€ incl. express shipping and taxes.

Mine should arrive on Saturday or Monday!

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Would love this with the drum controller but can't justify the shipping costs. Will probably download and play on the controller. Exciting!

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
omg nooooo
Forgot this was releasing in October! Will have to be a December purchase at earliest, now.

Seeing a number of songs in the main Tracklist that I like. And in a language I can read and understand. What a wonderful thought.

Will have to download the demo tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish I could be in but gonna have to play the 3DS/Wii U games for the time being. I mostly wanted the online play, the tracklist leaves me a bit cold, particularly the classical stuff. A new track is awesome but only 5? And come on, Carmen Prelude and William Tell Overture... great, but they've been in so many versions by this point. New game music is cool, anime/J pop I don't really care either way but the first DLC pack with the medley songs kinda has me drooling... And I could sell my Wii U tomorrow for $200... fuck GAF what do I do?

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Mine was shipped today, should take somewhere between 1-3 months to actually arrive depending on whether it gets caught by customs or not.

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda want this just for the Evangelion OP. It'd be hilarious to drum to that.
You'd be surprised how well these are charted, even the slowest stuff can be really engaging and difficult - for this example specifically it took me about 6 months into really working on my craft to get the perfect combo on Hard mode. Not to be confused with Oni which I'm finally getting perfects in after nearly a year of consistent playing.

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
Really wish I could be in but gonna have to play the 3DS/Wii U games for the time being. I mostly wanted the online play, the tracklist leaves me a bit cold, particularly the classical stuff. A new track is awesome but only 5? And come on, Carmen Prelude and William Tell Overture... great, but they've been in so many versions by this point. New game music is cool, anime/J pop I don't really care either way but the first DLC pack with the medley songs kinda has me drooling... And I could sell my Wii U tomorrow for $200... fuck GAF what do I do?

I feel like the Switch version will have more in the way of new licenses, a lot of the PS4 tracklist is catch-up cuz it's the first region free/multi language version in a while. Since you have the 3DS/WiiU games, there's less new stuff. We should be hearing about the Switch game soon if it's releasing before March, so it may be worth waiting a tick.

How much is the 1-6 bundle in HKD?

$179

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
The Deluxe version of the game costed $83 when buying it from the HK PSN store. The game cost HKD579.00 so I just purchased a 500HKD and an 80 HKD from Play-Asia and it covered it.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Just wanna say hi to Bankslammer. Enjoy the game, everyone! I think there isn't enough new to make this entry worth buying for me, personally.

How's the tatakon quality this time around? That could affect my opinion.

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

You can use DLC with another PSN account as long as the one that owns the DLC is set as a primary account on your system, right?

Yup, it should work on every account. Don't think you even need to have the owner set as primary.

Just wanna say hi to Bankslammer. Enjoy the game, everyone! I think there isn't enough new to make this entry worth buying for me, personally.

How's the tatakon quality this time around? That could affect my opinion.

hiiiii aizo~ I'm probably gonna hold off on posting a new Taiko general for a while. Between the PS4 and Switch games, I can probably ride out OTs for a bit.

Yeah, I feel ya. Like I said, I think the Switch game will have less overlap with other console versions, so that may be more up your alley. My bundle from Amazon just shipped, so I can give a report on the Tatacon once it arrives!

Cranzor

Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea this was coming out. Really neat that it has English too. I don't have a PS4, so the next one I'll play is the game that comes out on the Switch. If you're gonna play this, enjoy!

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
My drums are on the way from Amazon. Now I just need to to figure out how to buy the game off JP PSN.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
Is the drum controller the same size as the one on PS2? I owned that one but it was so small and flimsy it kind of ruined the game for me.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Anybody who own the game have any feedback on the quality of the drum controller? Does it feel cheap?

I'm weighing a purchase but there's a lot of stuff coming out in the near future...

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Anybody who own the game have any feedback on the quality of the drum controller? Does it feel cheap?

I'm weighing a purchase but there's a lot of stuff coming out in the near future...

Pretty sure everyone is still waiting for their parcels to arrive, the tatacon was decent enough so this one should be fine as well. I'm sure Bankslammer will give us some tips on how to muffle the drum without messing with its sensitivity.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Pretty sure everyone is still waiting for their parcels to arrive, the tatacon was decent enough so this one should be fine as well. I'm sure Bankslammer will give us some tips on how to muffle the drum without messing with its sensitivity.

OK, I'm hoping for the best... will wait for feedback from this thread.

I guess the majority of AsiaGAF wasn't able to get in yet because of the odd timing of the first wave of code releases, I saw the English localized Asian version at a game store earlier but had second thoughts as they were selling for the equivalent of USD 100.

HVQuiOj

script>

Last edited:

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
OK, I'm hoping for the best... will wait for feedback from this thread.

I guess the majority of AsiaGAF wasn't able to get in yet because of the odd timing of the first wave of code releases, I saw the English localized Asian version at a game store earlier but had second thoughts as they were selling for the equivalent of USD 100.
HVQuiOj

script>

Apparently the Japanese version can also be played in English, it's in the OP at least.

The images are broken btw.

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
what is he doing in that video, and why? Should we all do that?

So, out the box, you have to hit the controller pretty hard. Because it's loud, and to get it closer to the sensitivity of the arcade version, modding the controller to increase the sensitivity is commonplace. That's what's going on in the video. For playing seriously on harder songs it helps a lot; if you've ever seen this video going around, it's possible thanks to this modding. You certainly don't HAVE to do it and I probably wouldn't recommend it with a brand new 6000 yen controller until there's more documentation and verification, lol

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone send me a link to the base game and the game with the drums (a version that is in English) to import?

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Last edited: