• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
My drum actually responds really well to my hits. The issue is that it goes WHEEEEE and moves around sometimes so I end up accidentally hitting the rim or something because the drum wasn't where I thought it was.

I really like the drum controller, if the damn thing stopped moving around I would be happy. But as it is I'm getting kinda annoyed at how light it is lol

Anyone have any advice? Switch Hori Tatacon BTW.

P.S. The noodle minigame is one of the cutest minigames I've ever seen NGL

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the two notches in the backside are for you to put water bottles in to weigh it down.

edit: i suppose you could also look into having a mount 3d printed.
www.thingiverse.com

Taiko tatacon desk mount (Hori ver. for Nintendo Switch) by lilah

Clampable desk mount for Hori's Taiko No Tatsujin controller Consists of 2 parts (left and right) Designed to be clamped to the edge of a desk Intended to prevent movement of controller while playing Clamps not included but there's lots of them on thingiverse! :)

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
I've got the Taiko Drum controller for the Switch. There are holes in the legs that are designed to fit water bottles in them.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, weights is your best bet. But, you're right, it's definitely a problem.

I've got some stupid system of small hand weights and one of those soft weights that you wrap round your wrists and it weighs it down enough to keep it steady. Basically just HEAVY STUFF.

It's not easy though!

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I've needed more than the water bottles, but I guess in a pinch I do have a bunch of big old college textbooks that I could put behind it. lol

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
water bottles work OK, I still find that the drum moves around a bit, the best I've found is getting one of those non slip mats used in drawers/shelves and placing the controller on that.

OP
OP
Charizard

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
water bottles work OK, I still find that the drum moves around a bit, the best I've found is getting one of those non slip mats used in drawers/shelves and placing the controller on that.
I play on a rug and it seems water bottles work great as long as they don't slip out from the bottom lol. I've thought of a way to fix that though.

Thanks everyone! Now I can blame my misses on my lack of skill and not the drum lol