• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
TROS left such a sour taste that I have a really hard time getting excited for this

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder: Taika directed the finale of S1 Mandalorian which was debateably the best episode of the season (best live action content of Disney SW?)

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We'll all get to direct and write our own one soon don't worry.

Seriously though I'm pretty excited.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
They seem to be putting the right pieces together this time, hopefully no trilogy or any of that is being planned, just a single solid awesome movie they can build upon.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
With Star Wars current track record of ever-changing projects & creative teams; I'm not going to get excited for a while. This is a long ways off with Thor barely in pre-production. There's no guarantee this actually happens.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Isn't he like the 10th person to have a Star Wars movie in the works despite none being announced?

is it possible he's directing the one that Feige is producing?

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Eh, speak for yourself. I think Mandalorian felt like such a breath of fresh air because it was completely detached from the movies and only vaguely mentions them. As someone who's been long disillusioned with Star Wars since the iterations prequels this makes new excited for new Star Wars content. The further away they get from the movies the better.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome, Thor Ragnarok was one of my favourite movies of the last few years. Good way to recover from the blunder that was TROS.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I like Taika, so I'll definitely watch this one and expect good things, but good luck to him with the toxic criticism that will inevitably come his way, and with the fact that he has to deal with the franchise after a disappointing trilogy.

Taika seems like a reasonable person unlike Star Wars fans on the internet, which means he likely doesn't few the trilogy that way.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
Honestly i'm not really sure why any director would want to put themselves in the firing line like that, the Star Wars fan base is an embarrassment.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
YES YES YES but PLEASE actually make this movie and not cancel it like most of the upcoming theatrical movies were!

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
his brand of self-aware/irreverent humor fit into the MCU because they were already going that route post-guardians

but I'm not sure if its good for Star Wars, its nice to distinguish that from the route many other franchises are going now and have it take itself fairly seriously (not saying it should be devoid of humor obviously but Waititi's brand of it is quite different from what has been the case so far)

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure I will find his movie to be entertaining and thought-provoking but what's the point?

I don't see him doing multiple movies so any followup would be wasted just as much as Rian's concepts were bungled in tros.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Poor Taika, all the hate he'll get

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
Do you always talk in hyperbole? If you were literally enjoying nothing from the show, why did you watch til the end? Dont you have better things to do?

Watched a few EPs then stopped for a while, then one night some people wanted to watch the rest so I just went with it lol. So I guess I didn't have better things to do at that time