• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit

Didn't he say he would never direct a Star Wars flick because he wouldn't be a good fit? I guess Mandlorian changed his mind.

" Shortly after Colin Trevorrow exited as director of Star Wars: Episode IX in September, a fan tweeted at Waititi wondering if he'd consider taking over. Waititi's response — much like his films — was dry and sarcastic: "Lolz. I like to complete my films." He also added, "I'd be fired within a week." It is admittedly hard to imagine a Star Wars movie done in Waititi's comical style.
But now, in speaking with Uproxx about Thor: Ragnarok, Waititi set the record straight that he'd never turn down one of the biggest franchises:
"Look, I'm not an idiot. Who would actually say no to Star Wars? Of course, I didn't send that idea very seriously, it's more that in light of all the things that were happening over the last couple of months, it would make me a little nervous."
"

www.inverse.com

'Thor: Ragnarok' Director Clarifies His Feelings About 'Star Wars'

Would Taika Waititi ever direct a 'Star Wars' movie?

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
FINALLY YES YES

Also, talk about burying this lede:

"In addition, Emmy®-nominated writer Leslye Headland (Russian Doll, Bachelorette) is currently developing a new untitled Star Wars series for Disney+. Headland will write, executive produce, and serve as showrunner for the series"

Last edited:

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That actually sounds like it could be rad. Both are fantastic talents.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
This is amazing. At least a woman is writing it, if not directing.
Still wondering what's happening with Rian Johnson's trilogy.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Sweet!!!
Let's get Rian's double confirmed and with how great Clone Wars' finale was we can move past the bad taste TROS left for awhile.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
This is amazing. At least a woman is writing it, if not directing.
Still wondering what's happening with Rian Johnson's trilogy.

I want that trilogy so bad, I feel like it's the only thing that could reignite my love for Star Wars.

But I'll take a Taika movie too, Jojo Rabbit and Thor Ragnarok were some of my favorite movies from the last few years.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
the stormtrooper dialogue from the Taika episode was the best part of Mandalorian, fight me

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I like Taika, so I'll definitely watch this one and expect good things, but good luck to him with the toxic criticism that will inevitably come his way, and with the fact that he has to deal with the franchise after a disappointing trilogy.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Part of me would really rather protect Taika from SW fans, but the dude just played Hitler in a movie, so I'm guessing he can handle blowback.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for fans to make sure he never gets a directing job again for ruining even the smallest part of "canon."

But good for him as he's great.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
What We Do In The Stars? Is that anything?
What We Do In The Shadow Of The Empire? There has to be a joke somewhere.

This'll be great.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's not like the humor in his Mandalorian episode. That was beyond cringey.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_nhto2szxtX1qgavwyo1_500-1443820383.gif

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is fantastic and might be the best thing to happen to Star Wars yet. The franchise needs diversity in stories and tone. Taika will deliver.