• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

"Look, I think for the Star Wars universe to expand, it has to expand," he tells us. "I don't think that I'm any use in the Star Wars universe making a film where everyone's like, 'Oh great, well that's the blueprints to the Millennium Falcon, ah that's Chewbacca's grandmother.' That all stands alone, that's great, though I would like to take something new and create some new characters and just expand the world, otherwise it feels like it's a very small story."

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Rey turning out to be a Palpatine was the worst example imo, of the world being too small. (and shit on RJ's previous film)

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
Talking like that is bound to get him Rian Johnson'd.

Star Wars is supposed to be about like 12 characters who are somehow all related. It's like Metal Gear.

Last edited:

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I wish. Star Wars feels like the smallest universe out there. But I don't believe they'll allow that kind of freedom

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody thinking Taika's movie won't be divisive is foolin' themselves. These movies have been having a mixed reception since 1983 when ROTJ came out lmao.

Really looking forward to his take on SW tho.. hope its about the beginning of the jedi/sith like rumored.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't matter if it's stuck in the same old era with the same surrounding environments and secondary characters.

Therion

Oct 25, 2017
Next season of the Mandalorian to feature Chewbacca's grandmother finding the blueprints to the Millennium Falcon?

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad he can't just start a new story. We got new characters with Rey and Finn, and we saw how that turned out. I guess I'm just over star wars in general.

Dr Shasta

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Grigio + Ray together and a child is born. On a dusty sand covered planet. They travel to a snow planet before they travel to a forest planet. Meanwhile an orbital space station is built by the bad guys.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
As well he should.

I'm so fucking tired of everything taking place between movies 3 and 4. Mando is great because you don't inherently know the outcome from proximity to well known characters.

ChrisBliss117

Oct 28, 2017
Impossible. We'll get a movie with some long lost relative before heading to a desert planet and then blow up some a spherical space station.

clmartin

Banned
Apr 1, 2022
Oh look, another thread for Star Wars fans to drone on about how much they hate Star Wars.

Let Taika do whatever he wants.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
The Skywalker adjacent stories are wearing thin. Even the clone wars derived stories aren't that interesting to me.

Go back 1000 years and show us some fucking mythical jedi vs sith conflagration

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
No, we need another wolf and cub story centered around Yoda and baby Chewbacca after they crash land on Tatooine

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Taika going from making the best Marvel movie to making the best post Disney Star Wars movie is inevitable

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
There's some good stuff in the established universe that could be tapped into, just please no more Skywalker saga.

That said, I'm up for new stuff too. Rogue One turned out pretty well without relying too much on the established stuff.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
As well he should.

I'm so fucking tired of everything taking place between movies 3 and 4. Mando is great because you don't inherently know the outcome from proximity to well known characters.

I liked the first Mandalorian season because it felt fresh in that sense. It stands nicely alone, and while the structure of it is totally predictable as a space western/road trip movie, the lore and much of the aesthetic felt pretty unique in the franchise, at least the major canonical stuff. Baby Yoda felt pretty calculated as just a standard adorable baby - big head, big eyes, cute purring, hard to screw that up - but he was still, well, adorable. Mission accomplished.

The second season left me feeling pretty cold, as there was a much more concerted effort to tie it into the larger Star Wars universe (that's more like a tiny local neighborhood block than a galaxy) that we've seen a billion times, and fan service really does nothing for me.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god. I'm so tired of everything being a callback to characters we already know about.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I sincerely hope his movie doesn't feature any desert planets. The Star Wars aesthetic has become too narrow and boring.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
so is it also possible to get some new planets with new ecosystems that arent just the same old ''sand planet' too?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm really curious where he goes with it. I'd much rather explore another part of the galaxy at the same time as the ST than have a prequel or a far future thing. Introduce some crazy offshoot of the Force/Jedi and a bunch of new conflicts on the Outer Rim and have some fun with it.