• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deadman322

Oct 29, 2017
im just gunna add taika's name to the list of people that have ruined everyones childhoods in advance.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love him but I think I'd prefer RJ for a SW movie. Off topic, but I seen knives out yesterday and thought it was amazing! I'm dying for the sequel now.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like he's having a lot of fun - which is infectious. Guy genuinely loves his craft, has decent skill with comedy, good repore with studios, and stars want to work with him.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
Part of what's remarkable about Taika is his ability to navigate the studio system while still maintaining his voice. Not a ton of filmmakers who can pull that off, and he works at such a speed -- he's fitting in another damn movie before Thor -- that I'm not convinced him making a Star Wars would preclude him working on other cool shit.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars Cinematic Universe set during the high republic is a nutso idea. If they can pull it off that's great, but they didn't exactly do a good job in the existing era. I just don't see the Star Wars universe as having enough texture to support this.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TAG AND BINK MOVIE IS FINALLY HAPPENING
51frQRCVPJL.jpg

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do it and make it a cross over where Thor gets transported. It will be more exciting than Palpatine returns again.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I never said it was THE issue. It had a lot of issues. One of the issues was trying to make it a yuck fest like the MCU.
MCU didn't invent humor. The OT had Odd Couple slobs vs snobs type humor, cute robot & puppet type humor, sarcastic self aware type humor etc. SW has always had modern( for the time) comedy injected into its films. The ST had quips/humor but nobody was cracking jokes when Han died, during the Snoke throne scene or after Luke died. The Mandolarian was a huge success and it has "MCU" type comic relief characters so I doubt disney is going to shy away from it.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
But not too good for a Marvel sequel?

Marvel is much better than the crap Lucasflm has been shitting out of late.

And if Taika is adapting Jason Aaron's story in any way it should be good. Easily better than TROS at any rate.

And he doesn't have to walk on eggshells and worry about pissing off the Fandom Menace and Reylo fanfiction authors with his script.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Honestly, he's our greatest export since Sam Neill and Sheep

I just saw JoJo and it was great.
Also that last episode of Mandalorian and its 5 minute extended intro thing was Taika 100% lol

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Part of what's remarkable about Taika is his ability to navigate the studio system while still maintaining his voice. Not a ton of filmmakers who can pull that off, and he works at such a speed -- he's fitting in another damn movie before Thor -- that I'm not convinced him making a Star Wars would preclude him working on other cool shit.

He sure does churn out quality films at a quick speed.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd be down for that. Don't think he would be doing a trilogy or set the course for one.

You just know Star Wars would sink him though.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
That's about what it would take to get me to give a shit about another Star Wars film, yeah.

Well, until they fire him halfway through production due to "creative differences" for daring to have a vision and they bring in Ron Howard to make the most digestible checklist slop possible.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be down for that. Don't think he would be doing a trilogy or set the course for one.

You just know Star Wars would sink him though.

I hope not. I'd rather he do a standalone instead of doing the first of three because he has such a unique voice (which I hope is why they're bringing him on)

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was about to joke when they'll finally go to Kevin Feige but I guess that's already happening

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Taika is looking to get in good with Disney over multiple franchises. He's probably seen the kind of paychecks Favreau is pulling in, not to mention creative control he's getting, and wants some himself.

Don't be surprised to see a live action Disney remake by him in a few years.

Wouldn't it be up to his directing as to whether this hypothetical movie is good or not?
I haven't seen Jojo Rabbit yet, but I think Tbor was his worst movie since it is a good comedy, but it has to have all this we have to save the world etc marvel stuff in it.

Oct 29, 2017
On one hand, YAY TAIKA, and on the other hand, please don't waste your talents on SW, Taika. But if you do, I'm definitely there.

I'll never understand this selfish reasoning

Like he's already doing 2 Marvel movies. He's directed episodes of Mandalorian.

There isn't a single director in the world that is "above" doing Hollywood movies.

Oct 29, 2017
Marvel is much better than the crap Lucasflm has been shitting out of late.

And if Taika is adapting Jason Aaron's story in any way it should be good. Easily better than TROS at any rate.

And he doesn't have to walk on eggshells and worry about pissing off the Fandom Menace and Reylo fanfiction authors with his script.

I don't see how movies like Ant-Man 2 and Captain Marvel are below Solo, Rogue One and TLJ.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Jojo Rabbit is one of my favorites of 2019 and Thor: Ragnorok is the only MCU movie worth a damn. Also loved his work in The Mandalorian. If this goes through (remember, early talks), then I'm in.